Where fleas in the house and how to get rid of folk remedies?
Where fleas in the house and how to get rid of folk remedies?
- 1 Where fleas in the house and how to get rid of folk remedies?
- 2 The Danger of fleas
- 3 How fleas get into the house
- 4 How to detect parasites?
- 5 How to distinguish fleas from other insect pests?
- 6 Tactic pest control
- 7 Insect control
- 8 Traditional methods
- 9 Proper handling of householdanimals
- 10 Control of fleas with chemicals
- 11 How to use «Dichlorvos»?
- 12 Flea bomb – an effective tool
- 13 Call for experts
- 14 How to protect your home from insects?
- 15 Conclusion
- 16 Ancestors will tell us! Folk remedies for fleas: essential oils, lavender and others
- 17 Folk methods against apartment fleas
- 18 Kitchen salt
- 19 Boric acid
- 20 Aromatic folk remedies
- 21 Pyrethrum
- 22 Herbs
- 23 Citrus
- 24 Essential oil
- 25 Pine Sawdust
- 26 Brewer’s yeast
- 27 Ammonia
- 28 Camphor alcohol with vinegar
- 29 Kerosene
Love your pet? Often walking with him on the street? Then you know exactly how much discomfort can bring traveling through the house fleas. After all, to treat the animal from parasites does not always work on time. Besides, sometimes in homes without Pets can meet harmful parasites. Where fleas in the house and how to get rid of them? This information will be important even to those people who have not previously encountered this problem, because every house can appear these insects. Experts say that to get rid of these dangerous to the health of guests by complex methods, backed up by regular preventive maintenance. Regular treatment facilities, monitoring of Pets and use a flea collar will protect you from the presence in the apartment of dangerous parasites.
The Danger of fleas
These parasites have 6 legs, that can jump to great heights. Jump to your goal, fleas float extra long jaws similar to needle. Pierced their skin, they immediately begin to feast. For one meal of insects can puncture the skin up to 3 times. Flea bites are painful, because insects do not secrete anesthetics. Therefore, the only desire for the people in the house which settled insects, is fast getting rid of them.
Flea Bites not only cause pain and intense itching. They often lead to allergic reactions. In addition, fleas can cause serious diseases. These parasites are carriers of such infections as typhoid, encephalitis, plague, etc. these are dangerous diseases that are hard to proceed and difficult to cure. Often, flea bites cause severe swelling. Sometimes anaphylactic shock that can cause death. Therefore, discovering in your house of fleas, you should immediately get rid of them.
When the vehicle began to fill the road, their popularity began to gain reflective paint. Thanks to this paint, as drivers and pedestrians becomes much easier to avoid accidents in the dark. Purpose paint Reflective paint – paint material, whic.
In Soviet times, many collecting badges, emblems, pennants. To get them was not easy. And today, thanks to technology, you can make them yourself. Knowing how to make icon with your own hands, and you can make original gifts to your friends, and make.
How do I output the horseradish from the garden? This question is raised by many land owners involved in gardening. It is hardly surprising, given the fact that horseradish is growing fast. It has huge leaves, reaching a height of one meter, and stra.
How fleas get into the house
Fleas-wingless insects that feed on blood. The danger of these parasites is not only that they are blood-sucking, but in the fact that fleas can be carriers of various diseases.
To date, scientists distinguish more than 2,000 species of fleas. Most of them live well with a person. These insects are common in all climates on all continents. But where the fleas in the house and how to get rid of them? House insects can get along with our Pets. Carriers can be not only dogs and cats but also birds. Fleas are attracted to the nesting substrate. Bird parasites are in the area mitralnogo space. Not immune from this, even pre-treated against insects animals. Walking on the street, at their wool Pets can bring home fleas.
Often dangerous parasites live in such places:
- In the grass (there is a breed of excavation fleas);
- In the basement (often it is home to stray cats, rats carry fleas);
- The fur of other animals.
Within the specified time after contact with wool, animal flea begins to lay eggs. Those, in turn, can break away from the hairs and to be on the floor. Thus the insects spread through the apartment.
The Adults reach a size of 5 mm. This flea is enough to move quickly, because jumping to great heights. Therefore, the risk of in the house of these parasites increases, because they can enter the apartment from the entrance.
Having discovered at his house one such insect, to be sure that there are others. Most often fleas dwell in the litter Pets. There are ideal conditions for the larvae, because the litter is retained in the wool and dead skin cells of the animal. And this is food for future animals. Also often they hide in the cracks in the floor, behind radiators and skirting boards, in carpets, upholstered furniture.
Here we found out where the fleas in the house. And how will get rid of these blood-sucking insects?
How to detect parasites?
First of all, you should make sure that your house is really infested with fleas. To discover them simply. There are 3 proven ways that will help you to verify the presence in your home of dangerous insects.
- If the house has Pets, they should be a good look on brushing. This procedure should be done on white fabric or paper. Special attention should be paid to the neck, head and abdomen. Here, most are parasites. Visually you can see not only the blood sucking, but also their waste products.
- From the floor all the dust should be collected with a dry cloth. After it soaked in a small amount of clean water. If dust are flea feces with undigested blood, the water will turn a pinkish color.
- Near the couch or bed should be placed a few white sheets of paper. After 15-20 minutes, you should carefully examine them. That appears, on paper, the black dots indicate the presence in the house of vermin.
From Afar fleas like dark spots. Saw a flea once in close proximity, to confuse it with other insects cannot. The body of a flea has a peculiar flat shape with a large belly.
How to distinguish fleas from other insect pests?
We All know that not only fleas ina private house can stay, but the bugs and mosquitoes. They all bring considerable discomfort. Remember especially the wrecking activities of insects to make sure that the house has fleas. How to get rid of at home of these parasites, each person has to know. So, features of flea bites
- A bite is very similar to a mosquito. There is swelling with a small dot in the center.
- Fleas bite a person for lower back and legs (of the sleeping man’s hands and neck).
- A bite mark consists of 2-3 punctures with the distance between them is 1.5 cm this snake is often placed in a chaotic manner.
- The Affected skin severely itchy. They are painful, bothering the person for a long time. Because of the constant scratching wounds heal very long.
Tactic pest control
Knowing where there are parasites, you should understand how to quickly get rid of fleas in the house. To act effectively, it is necessary to know the nature of the breeding of these pests.
Fleas like moist, warm areas, which is observed bad hygiene. In other words, clutter, humidity, shading, heat – these are excellent conditions for breeding dangerous parasites.
You find fleas in the house? How to quickly get rid of them? The first mandatory condition – good hygiene. Because larvae of fleas feed on decomposing particles of organic matter. Therefore, the main task – to deprive them of food, creating for parasites adverse conditions.
We learned where fleas in the house. And how to get rid of them? It is known that under comfortable conditions in the house, these parasites are getting divorced at high speed. They will bring discomfort not only to your animals but you. They will bite the feet, cause an allergic reaction on the skin. Therefore, you should declare war on them and forget about them forever.
How to get rid of fleas in the house quickly? It is independently possible to perform such action against parasites:
- In the house it is often wet cleaning with the vinegar solution.
- Carpets should be thoroughly vacuumed, rolled up and send to the dry cleaners.
- All the products we need to hide or cover, so they don’t hit the poison when handling chemicals.
- Skirting, floor, furniture should be disinfected with special agents, for example «Dichlorvos».
- Pets must be treated by means of parasites. In veterinary pharmacy you can buy special drops, sprays and shampoos. Be sure the animal you should wear flea collar. The chairs of the animals should also be thoroughly disinfected.
When processing should pay special attention to hiding places. Well you need to disinfect the floor under furniture, in corners, in cabinets. All clothing should be well washed, preferably at a high temperature, or ironed with a steam iron. If you have steam, you can handle all surfaces to a height of 1 m.
Remember, when working with insecticide should exercise particular caution. From the apartment you need to bring all the people and animals. 24 hours after disinfection, it is good to check the house. After careful treatment, the insects disappear entirely.
Using a variety of tools you need to study the manual. It shows how to display the fleas in the house correctly. Indeed, some insecticides are only adults. So you have some time, a re-processing.
In Order to prevent the breeding of fleas, should daily monitor the cleanliness. If your pet is walking on the street, you need to purchase a special collar. It should be regularly treated with special drops against parasites. Sometimes use essential oil of wormwood. The smell of this plant effectively repels fleas in the house.
How fast can you get rid of parasites with plants? You can use all the same wormwood. The plant should be spread in different corners of the room, especially at the front door. A clean house and repellent smell will bear fruit, and horrible parasites will no longer bother you.
Chemicals for pest control is relatively recent. But how did our grandparents? Believe me, they know many effective folk remedies for fleas in the house who now work no worse than the most expensive chemical drugs. Therefore, you should pay special attention to this aspect of the fight against bloodsuckers.
Consider ways of making effective folk remedies for pest control:
- You Must prepare an infusion of herbs: tansy, wormwood, eucalyptus. Part of the infusion should be poured in a spray bottle and spray all vertical surfaces, including upholstered furniture. The rest of the liquid to use to wash the floor.
- You Can prepare a homemade repellent of water and citrus. This allowed to use organic, fresh fruits and essential oils.
- On the floor you can put pine needles and wormwood.
In carrying out these recommendations within a few weeks you will be able to get rid of pesky insects in your house. Remember, how to get rid of the fleas in the house. Because this information may be useful to you at any moment.
Proper handling of householdanimals
Chemical preparations for the treatment of wool Pets from parasites cause skin irritation in animals. Therefore, many owners use home, safe and efficient means. They are easy to cook by yourself.
- Your beloved pet you can redeem economic or tar soap. In this soap composition is necessary to maintain the animal’s coat at least 10 minutes. After its thoroughly washed off, and the animal – comb. Coal-tar soap perfectly heals wounds and relieves inflammation.
- Pet can be redeemed in a strong brine. To do this, in 10 liters of water should dissolve a packet of salt. Wet the animal with this solution, you should wait 4 minutes and rinse the animal with running water.
- Shampoo against parasites is possible to prepare independently. For this you need to boil a strong solution of baby soap to a gelatinous state. After it is added nettle, medium onion, calendula and yolk. This tool should be applied to wet coat of your precious pet for 20 minutes. It is advisable to wrap animal in plastic wrap. After the tool should be well washed under running water.
- The coat of the dog can be periodically sprayed with a solution of wormwood, eucalyptus or tansy.
Control of fleas with chemicals
Did You know that the house has fleas. How to get rid of in the home? Because sometimes people’s ways, despite the long and regular use are not having the desired effect. Sometimes it seems that the whole apartment smelt sagebrush, and fleas, as if nothing had happened, continue to jump. In this case, it is better not to postpone the problem indefinitely, and to seek help from professionals. In this situation, can only help the finished quality chemicals.
How to use «Dichlorvos»?
«Dickie» allows us to handle not only the floor and walls, and upholstered furniture. Aerosol cans will help you efficiently disinfect all surfaces. To handle standard two-bedroom apartment will take about 5 liters of a solution, and it is 10 cans. Before use, be sure to read the instructions.
Before processing, be sure to wear a respirator and gloves. The tool is carefully sprayed on the walls, the floor. Pay special attention to crevices and baseboards. While the room should be closed doors and Windows. After treatment, you should leave the apartment for 5-6 hours. Returning home should be thoroughly ventilated. A thorough treatment of the house with spray allows you to get rid of pests in a single day.
Flea bomb – an effective tool
How to deal with fleas in the house? Often, professionals use a flea bomb. This is a special spray that makes the insect life uncomfortable. It is a good way to quickly get the fleas out of the house.
Before applying, you should carefully study the manual. The main stages of the insect include the following:
- All interior doors in the house, doors, cabinets, furniture drawers need to open or forward.
- All food, Cutlery, dishes must be Packed and outside the room.
- All appliances should be unplugged from the power supply. The light should be off.
- All that can not be removed should be covered with special covers or sheets of plastic. Manufacturers recommend to close all electronic appliances and countertops in the kitchen.
- During processing is strictly prohibited to be in the house for people and Pets. If you have an aquarium, it is necessary to endure. If it’s big, it must tightly cover and seal the joints with tape. The minimum time during which it is impossible to enter the house, 8 hours. This mode of operation of the bombs.
- The Bomb should be set in the Central part of the scrap. It is desirable that from this room was access to the adjacent rooms.
- Run the activator and quickly leave the house.
- After the time specified in the instructions, you can go home. At this stage, you should start harvesting. All surfaces should be thoroughly vacuumed, the furniture, the floor – to flush.
- Cleaning must be done in protective clothing, rubber gloves.
To find out were you able to get rid of fleas in house conditions and how effectively did the process, it is necessary to look closely at the floor. On him and on all horizontal surfaces shall be dead insects.
Remember that flea bombs contain neurotoxins. Regularly use such tools is strictly prohibited. If the house has fleas reappear, you should choose more effective means to combat them.
Call for experts
How to get the fleas out of the house if chemicals and traditional methods do not help? The call specialist will provide 100 % results in the fight against insects. The cost of this service depends on the region. For example, in the capital this service will cost more than in the province. Professionals use high quality imported drugs. They are safe for the health of both Pets and people. Such funds do not have to wash the floor. In addition, you do not have to leave their homes for a long time. Many of these drugs have little or no odor.
Professionals often use such drugs:
These drugs are effective, safe. Their application allows to completely destroy harmful insects. Professional treatment facilities from parasites does not require repeated treatments.
How to protect your home from insects?
After Reading this article, hearing scary stories from friends, many are afraid of the appearance of fleas in the house. What to do, how to protect themselves from the invasion of these parasites? The best method is prevention. What is that?
First of all, it is time to seal all cracks in Windows, doorways, floors and walls. In such circumstances, fleas can be difficult to get into the house. In addition, you should carefully watch not only your Pets, but also for neighboring. Eliminate the possibility of people’s Pets in their home, even for a short period of time.
Be Sure to observe the house clean and hygiene. Periodically ventilate the apartment. These methods allow you to avoid unpleasant encounters with insect pests.
Many experts recommend once a year cleaning in the home using proven and effective folk remedies – the infusion of wormwood.
People who live on the first floor (above the basement), you should think about carrying out disinfection in non-residential premises. Because the basement – it is ideal for the breeding of fleas.
So you know how to get rid of pet fleas in the house. All the ways are quite simple and effective. Discover in your house of insects you should try to get rid of them using folk remedies. If they fail, it is necessary to use high-quality chemicals. Treatment such means will allow you to get rid of parasites. In some cases it is necessary to seek help from professionals.
In Order to prevent re-appearance in his home of fleas, need regular maintenance. Follow the simple terms, you will be able to protect their loved ones from the negative effects of these parasites.
Remember Pets. They need to be treated regularly with special products that repel and prevent fleas. Quality of life and comfortable in the house depend on you.
Ancestors will tell us! Folk remedies for fleas: essential oils, lavender and others
Among the blood-sucking insects that can greatly spoil human life, a special place is occupied by fleas.
They are fertile, they are carriers of dangerous diseases, and differ in that it is quite difficult to get rid of them. Flea bites are very painful.
Fighting domestic parasites in apartments and residential areas is carried out in various ways.
For these purposes, they use both folk remedies and modern insecticides.
Folk methods against apartment fleas
People tried to get rid of blood-sucking insects in the Middle Ages. The most true means of getting rid of flea was considered to be spreading on the floor of the old hare-skin.
Periodically, when the parasites accumulated on it, it changed. Rich people wore small pieces of rabbit skin around their necks. Adult insects accumulated on them, after which they, along with an improvised medallion, were burned in a fire.
Modern methods can be used in combination with each other or separately. Among the popular means and methods of pest control the following categories are highlighted:
- household chemicals;
- temperature methods.
With regard to each of the above methods, you need to know how to prepare the tool and correctly use it. We must not forget that products with plants, used from fleas, lose useful qualities quickly, therefore they are advised to use them immediately after preparation.
The main advantages of folk methods:
- The possibility of their own cooking.
- Safety of action on humans and pets.
- Fast and effective pest control.
The salt, which is familiar to us, is useful for apartments in which fleas have started and where children and pets live. The latter through negligence can swallow it.
Salt crystals act quickly: they damage the integuments of the bodies of the parasites, after which they die. When using salt evenly crumbles into tracks and carpeting in the house.
Salt often used with baking soda in the amount of 200 per 200 grams. The substance acts similarly: in contact with blood-sucking pests, damaging their outer coverings, after which the parasites die
Experts recommend to wait a few hours, and then carefully collect the mixture with a vacuum cleaner.. The procedure is best used several times to reduce the number of blood-sucking pests in the house.
This antiseptic substance has the appearance of a crystalline powder. It is scattered in the apartment on carpet.. Insects are in contact with the substance, carry away its particles on the body and soon die.
Like salt, a substance such as boric acid, deadly to fleas, but for humans and their pets it does not pose any danger, even if they accidentally swallow it.
In this case, two types of soap should be mentioned: tar tar and baby. Tar soap has a detrimental effect not only on adults, but also on their eggs and larvae. ABOUTtreated surfaces need to be wetted and rubbed with soap. After ten minutes it is washed off with warm water.
Especially well against the blood-sucking insects acts baby soap. To use it, you must first prepare the mixture.
- For this soap rubbed on a grater.
- Then the resulting mass is mixed with water and heated on low heat.
- Then grated onion is added to mush.
- Followed by act as in the case of tar soap.
The flea is a very thermophilic creature.. It does not tolerate any sudden temperature fluctuations or cold. And this property of her, in addition to other folk remedies, can also be used in order to get rid of her.
In winter, fighting these insects is easiest. To get rid of them just open the windows and doors in the frost for a few hours.
Very soon, the cold will begin to affect the body of individuals, adult fleas will leave the apartment, and eggs with larvae will quickly die from hypothermia.
Aromatic folk remedies
Blood sucking pests unable to tolerate strong odors. In particular, we are talking about the aromas of some plants.
The latter can always be at hand and used as intended. It should be remembered that odors that are pleasant to man can sometimes be detrimental to flea.
Among the plants that actively fight parasites, scientists secrete a Persian chamomile or feverfew. She is quite actively fighting with such an uninvited guest in the apartment as a clothes mole. Its use is a universal folk method of getting rid of flea representatives.
The plant feverfew contains natural insecticidal substances. They do not harm the health of people and their pets. To prepare the broth, need dried inflorescences.
- Two glasses of dry pyrethrum are poured over with boiling water..
- The decoction is placed in a dark place.. It is there until it is completely cooled.
- After the fluid is ready for use, Infusion washed floor baseboards and crevices in the floor.
Herbal extracts have specific odors that scare away blood-sucking pests and eliminate them for a long period. They may be present in the home for both therapeutic and prophylactic purposes.
Like chamomile, plants such as sagebrush, tansy, lavender, eucalyptus and Aira leaves.
- After pouring them boiling water need let the broth stand in a cool place for 12 hours.
- Thereafter the liquid is poured into the spray.
- First of all, she used for spraying carpets, carpets and floor coverings. They are the main places of accumulation of parasites.
reference! Coniferous chips also frighten them away. By the way it, like wormwood, is best scattered at the entrance to the dwelling.
The aromas of citrus plants scare fleas quite effectively.
- For this purpose dried orange, tangerine or grapefruit peel.
- Then they laid out throughout the house, including the most inaccessible placesTo which belong genital slits, the space behind the pieces of furniture, dressers and vents.
- Along with fleas, citrus scent will die and moth.
To fight pests, often used aromas of essential oils. This is another well-known folk method of getting rid of «intruders».
Experts advise use the aromas of several plants: anise, carnations, lavender, peppermint, tea tree and eucalyptus. These smells are usually not tolerated by fleas.
Surfaces treated with oils for preventive purposes or directly for disposal from blood-sucking pests. They begin to work immediately after they are placed in the room.
For the purpose of prophylaxis in the apartment you can scatter fresh pine sawdust. Flea individuals do not tolerate flavorwhich they literally soaked.
Often they are used as a filler for dog or cat litter. This is especially true in the pre-spring period.when insects are activated.
Carpets and floor coverings are recommended to be treated with a mixture of garlic and brewer’s yeast. Places under the beds, sofas and areas behind the furniture process especially high quality.
Then leave them for about a day., and after this period is collected with a vacuum cleaner. The pungent odors of the ingredients of this mixture eliminate pests quickly and efficiently.
Alcohol diluted in the calculation a few drops on two glasses of water. An excellent method of dealing with adult insects in the apartment.
This solution wipes the floors in the house.. It is possible to add liquid ammonia to the water in which they wash the pet litter or bathe it.
Camphor alcohol with vinegar
Camphor alcohol is mixed with 3% vinegar. and add to the solution a few drops of flower cologne. This is another effective method of getting rid of flea representatives.
This mixture with a specific smell acts on parasites intoxicating.
She sprinkled floor baseboards, crevices in the floor and carpeting.
You can capture and furniture: armchairs, sofas, couches, etc.. The procedure for loyalty is repeated several times.
Flea representatives can not stand the smell of kerosene. By this substance carpets and floors are processed in the whole apartment. Through the day is the usual wet cleaning.
The biggest disadvantage of this method is a persistent kerosene smell..
Attention! Kerosene is a flammable substance. When working with him you can not smoke or light matches. This should not be forgotten!
The safety and availability of folk remedies allows them to remain popular today, when there is a huge amount of modern insecticides on the market. It remains only to conclude that our grandmothers’ proven recipes for centuries are still relevant and allow us to achieve good results in the shortest possible time.