List of Burning Mouth Syndrome (Glossopyrosis) Medications (10 Compared)
Medications for Burning Mouth Syndrome (Glossopyrosis)
- 1 Medications for Burning Mouth Syndrome (Glossopyrosis)
- 2 Drugs Used to Treat Burning Mouth Syndrome
- 3 Learn more about Burning Mouth Syndrome (Glossopyrosis)
- 4 Further information
- 5 10 Best Home Remedies For Bacterial Infection In Throat & Mouth
- 6 Contents
- 7 Need a Help from the Leading Expert Online, Available 24/7?
- 8 17 Effective Home Remedies for Mucocele
- 9 What is A Mucocele?
- 10 What Causes Mucocele?
- 11 Who are More Prone To Mucocele?
- 12 What are The Symptoms of Mucocele?
- 13 Helpful Tips For Mucocele Removal At Home
- 14 1. Leaving The Bump Alone
- 15 2. Salt Therapy
- 16 3. Honey
- 17 4. Ice
- 18 5. Tea Bag
- 19 6. Alove Vera
- 20 7. Turmeric
- 21 8. Primrose Oil
- 22 9. Castor Oil and Honey
- 23 10. Alum
- 24 11. Mouthwash
- 25 12. Sage
- 26 13. Licorice Root
- 27 14. Glycerine
- 28 15. Lemon or Orange Juice
- 29 16. Tea Tree Oil
- 30 17. Yogurt
- 31 Do’s And Don’ts:
- 32 When To See Doctor
Other names: BMS
About Burning Mouth Syndrome: Burning mouth syndrome is a condition that involves a sensation of burning and pain in the tongue, gums, roof of the mouth, and cheeks.
Drugs Used to Treat Burning Mouth Syndrome
The following list of medications are in some way related to, or used in the treatment of this condition.
|Drug name||Rx / OTC||Preg nancy||CSA||Alcohol||Reviews||Rating||Popularity|
|OTC||Over the Counter|
|Rx/OTC||Prescription or Over the Counter|
|Off Label||This medication may not be approved by the FDA for the treatment of this condition.|
|A||Adequate and well-controlled studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in the first trimester of pregnancy (and there is no evidence of risk in later trimesters).|
|B||Animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women.|
|C||Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use in pregnant women despite potential risks.|
|D||There is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience or studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use in pregnant women despite potential risks.|
|X||Studies in animals or humans have demonstrated fetal abnormalities and/or there is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data from investigational or marketing experience, and the risks involved in use in pregnant women clearly outweigh potential benefits.|
|N||FDA has not classified the drug.|
|Controlled Substances Act (CSA) Schedule|
|N||Is not subject to the Controlled Substances Act.|
|1||Has a high potential for abuse. Has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States. There is a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision.|
|2||Has a high potential for abuse. Has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States or a currently accepted medical use with severe restrictions. Abuse may lead to severe psychological or physical dependence.|
|3||Has a potential for abuse less than those in schedules 1 and 2. Has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States. Abuse may lead to moderate or low physical dependence or high psychological dependence.|
|4||Has a low potential for abuse relative to those in schedule 3. It has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States. Abuse may lead to limited physical dependence or psychological dependence relative to those in schedule 3.|
|5||Has a low potential for abuse relative to those in schedule 4. Has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States. Abuse may lead to limited physical dependence or psychological dependence relative to those in schedule 4.|
|X||Interacts with Alcohol.|
Browse Treatment Options
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
10 Best Home Remedies For Bacterial Infection In Throat & Mouth
As you may know, bacteria are tiny living things that have only one cell. We may find their appearance in every climate and everywhere on our planet, for example in the air, in water, in soil or even inside plants, animals and people. The vast majority of bacteria are harmless to humans whereas some of them are not and may result in many serious illnesses such as blood poisoning (bacteremia), kidney failure, toxic shock syndrome, etc.
As a matter of fact, bacterial infection is one of the most troublesome health issues that people are struggling with today. It may affect your skin, bowel, lungs, mouth, throat and many other parts of your body. Actually, there are many over the counter medications to combat bacterial infection in throat and mouth. But if you are looking for natural ways to protect you from bacterial infection, then you may want to turn to home remedies for bacterial infection.
This article of 10 Natural Home Remedies For Bacterial Infection In Throat And Mouth is suitable with people who are looking for the home-remedy route of how to stop bacterial infection naturally.
There is no science-based evidence for the following homemade recipes. The recipes we’ve focused on are traditional home remedies, so always consult your doctor and check out your health condition regularly.
TrueRemedies Partner Solutions
Need a Help from the Leading Expert Online, Available 24/7?
They’re all here and ready to answer your questions online or by phone. Keep asking questions until you get the answer you need.
Yogurt is the second easy and cheap option to remove bacterial infection in throat and mouth. The probiotics in yogurt help balance the pH level and minimize the growth of harmful bacteria, thereby giving your body the power and better immunity to fight against bacterial infection  . All you have to do is:
- Choose raw milk.
- Use a pan to heat the milk with medium heat.
- Wait for the hot milk to become cool down to 115 degrees.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pre-made yogurt to each quart of milk and stir gently.
- Use a strainer to strain this mixture and pour it into cups.
- Use an oven (with the lids on) to incubate the yogurt for at least 10 to 12 hours or overnight.
- Take out the incubated yogurt.
- Put the yogurt in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Eat two cups of plain yogurt daily.
Note: You may add sugar in yogurt if you don’t like the taste of plain yogurt.
Turmeric, sometimes called Curcuma longa, is an herbal perennial plant with a large aromatic yellow rhizome that belongs to the ginger family. The bright yellow powder obtained from the turmeric’s rhizome is well known for its usage in flavoring, coloring for culinary purposes, and treating for many diseases.
Curcumin in turmeric has high contents of antioxidant, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammation microbes  . Therefore, it has been used as a preventive method for many bacterial infections of the body, including infections in throat and mouth.
- Take some fresh turmeric rhizomes and wash carefully with water.
- Put them in a pan and boil them for around 45 minutes.
- Drying the boiled turmeric rhizomes under the sun or baking them with microwave oven.
- Grind all the turmeric rhizomes thoroughly.
- Pass the ground turmeric through a strainer to get the turmeric powder.
- Pour all the powder in a box and keep in a dry place.
- Directly eat a tablespoon of turmeric powder every day.
Or, you may also drink turmeric powder mixed with warm water / milk to get similar effects.
Sage is a perennial herb with aromatic blue, pink or white flowers. It is grown on semi-cone shaped stalks and has been used medicinally for a long time. Surprisingly, it acts as an astringent to make the tissues contract and then cut down swelling. Besides, phenolic acids in sage are said to be able to repel bad germs. Thus, sage offers additional health benefits to treat bacterial infection in throat and mouth  . Don’t be indecisive if you wish to try the efficacy of this natural relief. What you need to do is:
- Boil one cup of water.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sage leaves (dried or fresh).
- Steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain to get sage tea.
- Dissolve a handful of salt in the tea.
- Use this tea to gargle several times a day.
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda is an excellent suggestion among home remedies for bacterial infection in throat and mouth. The National Cancer Institute recommended using the combination of warm water, salt and baking soda to gargle or gently swish may make harmful germs vanish. The alkaline pH level in baking soda effectively aids in soothing minor irritations and swollen tissues in your throat and mouth. Moreover, it has an antibacterial property that helps stimulate the immune system to fight infection in your infected areas  . Let’s see how to rape its benefits as below:
- 1 cup of warm water.
- ½ teaspoon of salt.
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of baking soda in 1 cup of warm water.
- Stir them well.
- Use this mixture to gargle.
- Perform this twice in a row.
- Repeat three times per day.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is the first and foremost homemade method for bacterial infection in throat and mouth. It is easy to find apple cider vinegar in many kitchens. Normally, it has been used for culinary purposes for centuries. But this vinegar shows great benefits in curing many diseases including rashes, digestive problems, acne, urinary tract infections, sinus infections and even bacterial infection in throat and mouth, too. A study from the University of North Carolina strongly suggested apple cider vinegar for curing bacterial infection. Furthermore, according to Medscape General Medicine, it has been shown in the laboratory that apple cider vinegar may cut down the amount of bacteria on food. Actually, the anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar may help balance the pH level and protect you from bacterial sustaining in affected areas  . With these advantageous benefits, apple cider vinegar should be naturally discouraged to treat bacterial infection in throat and mouth.
What you need to do is:
- Prepare one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Dissolve this vinegar to a cup of water.
- Add a dash of salt (optional)
- Drink this concoction slowly.
Note: Apple cider vinegar may not be used as a substitute for antibiotics.
Chamomile, a member of the Asteraceae family, has been used as a favorite beverage since ancient times. It is related to a wide range of different daisy-like plants. There are many species of chamomile but the most common ones are Chamaemelum nobile (Roman chamomile) and Matricaria recutita (German chamomile).
Over the past 20 years, extensive scientific research has confirmed many traditional uses of this plant in teas as well as its pharmacological features including antipyretic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, sedative, muscle relaxant, anti-allergenic and antibacterial activity  .
Nowadays, chamomile is used as a pharmacopoeia drug in 26 countries. Thus, there is no doubt that all of these beneficial properties of chamomile may aid in discouraging bacterial growth and stop symptoms of bacterial infection in throat and mouth. Let’s see how this herb works effectively as follows:
Method 1: Chamomile tea
- Put 2 to 3 teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers into a cup of boiling water.
- Leave it for three minutes.
- Use a tea strainer to get chamomile tea.
- Add a slice of lemon juice or some honey (optional).
- Sip it slowly.
Method 2: Chamomile steaming
- Add some dried chamomile flowers into a pot.
- Heat until it boils.
- Turn down the heat to small.
- Inhale the vapors deeply a few times.
- Repeat twice a week for best results.
Note: Do not use chamomile for pregnant or breastfeeding women and people who has ragweed allergies.
Clove, also called Eugenia caryophyllata, is the aromatic dried flower bud of a tropical evergreen tree of the myrtle family that is widely grown in Indonesia and Madagascar throughout the year. It has an indigenous pungency and popularly used as a spice in many countries.
Just like many other herbs, clove also offers multiple medicinal benefits such as relieving and preventing cancer, liver problems, headaches and migraines, and giving a boost to the immune system, digestion, diabetes control, bone preservation, etc. According to the National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, clove is rich in nutrients like carbohydrate, sugars, dietary fiber, protein, lipids, minerals and vitamins such as calcium, hydrochloric acid, magnesium, iron, phosphorous, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B6 & B12, vitamin E, etc… The Journal of Immunotoxicology identified that the eugenol in clove is indeed a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant or immune modulating agent  .
Method 1: Clove tea
- Cut some fresh cloves from a clove plant.
- Wash them with water.
- Steep them in boiling water for five minutes.
- Drain to get clove water.
- Drink it slowly.
Method 2: Clove and honey mixture
- Mix some fried cloves with honey to make a paste.
- Chew and swallow it.
- Follow the steps one or two times per week.
Note: You may use clove powder instead of fried cloves.
Cinnamon, also called dalchini, is the aromatic peeled, dried and rolled inner bark of the bushy evergreen trees belonging to the genus Cinnamomum of the laurel family. In many countries, it is a popular spice that is used for culinary purposes like baked goods, oatmeal and hot beverages.
More interestingly, cinnamon is also a well-loved cure-all for numerous conditions such as nausea, digestive problems, heart disease, hormonal insulin, blood sugar, diabetes, neurodegenerative disease, bacterial and fungal infections, etc. In fact, cinnamon, along with its special aroma, is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory which may cut down the production of mucus in your throat, ease the swelling, irritation and pain and kill off harmful bacteria  .
Follow the steps below:
- Bring a cup of water to boil.
- Add 2 cinnamon sticks to the boiling water.
- Let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Leave it steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain to get cinnamon tea.
- Sip this tea slowly or use it as a mouthwash.
- Redo twice per day when needed.
- You may use cinnamon powder instead of cinnamon sticks.
- Do not use cinnamon for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Garlic has an organosulfur compound called allicin and potent immune stimulating effects which are able to fight and heal infections  . Additionally, the natural oils in garlic bring decongestant and expectorant properties that may aid in expelling pain and irritation in throat and mouth. Thanks to such an extensive list of potential benefits, it is worth adding this natural antibacterial herb to the home remedies for curing infected throat and mouth.
Let’s have a look at a wide range of natural methods as follows:
Method 2: Garlic tea
- Peel 4 cloves of garlic and wash carefully with water.
- Use a chopping board to mince them finely.
- Leave the minced cloves rest for ten minutes.
- Add them to a cup of boiling water.
- Steep it for at least five minutes.
- Slowly sip the tea.
- Drink 2 to 3 cups per day for better results.
Method 3: Garlic and milk
- Get a cup of lukewarm milk.
- Take some garlic cloves and crush them.
- Mix a tablespoon of crushed garlic cloves to lukewarm milk.
- Stir them well and drink before going to bed.
- Do this once a day.
Method 5: Garlic and olive oil
- Make some extra virgin olive oil warm.
- Add few crushed cloves of garlic to this warm oil.
- Let them steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the oil and wait for it to become cooler.
- Consume one teaspoon of oil every three hours.
- Perform this process daily.
10. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide, abbreviated as H2O2, is the germicidal agent that is composed of water and oxygen. It has mild antiseptic which is used to cure small wounds, burns, cuts and scrapes by releasing oxygen and then cleaning out cuts and prohibiting infections  . Additionally, H2O2 is also used as a mouth rinse to clear mucus and release irritation. For its usefulness as a sanitizer, hydrogen peroxide is considered the safest and natural effective home remedies for bacterial infection in throat and mouth.
Method 1: Toothpaste
- Add 1 teaspoons of baking soda into a cap-full of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Mix them well to form a paste.
- Use this paste to directly brush your teeth.
- Redo 2 times per day.
Method 2: Use hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash
- Pour a cap-full of 3% hydrogen peroxide into a cup.
- Dilute the peroxide with one cap-full of warm water.
- Mix them well and gargle this liquid several times a day.
Note: If you may not stand the taste, add a little honey.
Self-Care Infection Preventative Methods
Prevention is always the best way to keep healthy in general than treatment. In order to have a good health, you need to take these following useful directions to stop spreading germs such as bacteria, fungi, viruses and then completely get rid of bacterial infection. Pay attention to these things as below:
- Avoid unpasteurized dairy products.
- Keep food and drink’s temperature moderate.
- Store and cook food properly.
- Avoid irritants.
- Wash your hands properly after contacting with raw foods, dirty diapers, pet feces, reptiles, after using the bathroom, before preparing food and before eating.
- Wash your plates, knives, utensils, cutting boards and food preparation areas in hot soapy water after using it.
- Cleanse fruits and vegetables thoroughly with water before eating.
- Follow the hospital guidelines when dealing with blood or contaminated items.
- Always have tissues and hand cleaners available.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Avoid contact with people who have bacterial diseases or symptoms like fever, vomiting or diarrhea. If you may not avoid this, remember to wash your hands thoroughly after meeting them.
- Take enough rest and reduce stress.
- Throw out expired or perishable food.
- Wear long pants and sleeves when in wooded areas.
- Clean surfaces (computer keyboards, sinks, and telephones) with antibacterial products.
- Get recommended vaccines for popular bacterial diseases such as rabies, meningitis, tetanus, and pneumonia.
- Do it right to refrigerate the leftovers. Do not leave them for more than two or three days.
- Enjoy a healthy diet which is high in fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Avoid raw or undercooked meat, eggs, seafood and poultry.
- Abstain from sexual contact or use a condom during sexual intercourse.
- Do not smoke and avoid second smoke as well.
Now you are able to treat bacterial infection in throat and mouth by yourself at home with all these above helpful home remedies for bacterial infection. It’s not all of them may work well on you. There are plenty of options to make a choice and you will see what remedy is the most suitable one. Choose one or some of them, you will see how effective they are. Do you know any other exciting ideas for the article “10 Natural Home Remedies For Bacterial Infection In Throat And Mouth” that we have not mentioned?
17 Effective Home Remedies for Mucocele
Table of Contents [ Hide ]
Do your lips make you feel annoyed? At the same time, is there something like a small bump developing on your lips? Then, catch your eyes on it since many physiologists doubly suppose that you might be contracting a mucocele, widely known as an oral cyst occurring on the tongue, roof or floor of the mouth besides lips.
What is A Mucocele?
A mucocele is a medical term referring to a harmless or small cyst   which looks similar to a soft swelling.
Mucocele can build up in your mouth and its presence is mostly seen on the lower lips of the mouth.
Mucocele is full of fluid but they do not cause any harm. Plus, it fails to cause discomfort or stress for people; however, mucocele also requires some medical intervention.
While some can wait until the bump disappears in a few weeks, other people have to stay up for a moth and a half or even longer.
When the pain is unbearable, it possibly leads to the production of excessive saliva inside then mouth; hence, resulting in speech issues or eating habits.
What Causes Mucocele?
Mucocele is resulted from a great number of factors. One of the most prevalent causes is a blocked or damaged salivary gland  .
When ductal or ruptures obstruction happens, salivary glands stimulate mucoceles  .
Individuals sucking their lower lips so often are more prone to this problem since they put pressure on the membranes of the lips, then the liquid will be collected in this area.
Here are some of the common causes of mucocele:
- Frequently biting a specific area of the lip
- Mouth infection, trauma, inflammation or injury
- Oral lichen planus  (a disease)
- Drug absorption leading to the saliva thickening
- Repeated chewing
Who are More Prone To Mucocele?
Mucocele does spare anyone. It is prevalent in both men and women of any age.
Numerous studies have shown that the young under 30 years old are most likely to get mucoceles.
Also, it can happen to the elderly owing to some particular reasons.
What are The Symptoms of Mucocele?
Mucocele is painless and suffers do not need to seek for their health cards to get it blurred.
Some common signs include:
- a bump located inside the mouth and on the tongue
- having difficulties in swallowing sometimes
- translucent to bluish colors
Helpful Tips For Mucocele Removal At Home
Before applying any mucocele home treatment, it is fairly important to confirm whether you have mucocele or not.
This can be done by some examination conducted on those affected areas. After finished, doctors can advise you a variety of remedies.
In case, they prove ineffective, using a laser to treat mucocele is always taken.
Following are top 17 simple but effective home remedies for mucocele that you can easily do at home.
1. Leaving The Bump Alone
Probably, one of the best treatments for mucocele is to leave it alone.
Well, yes, if you are lucky, then the bump might disappear just in a few days. Six weeks are the longest.
Also, when it comes to the cyst, it just proves that your injury is on the good way of recovery. The cyst can tell that your treatment has been working well.
Take a note that as the mucocele goes way, it might contain some fluid later. In case this problem come back, you are highly recommended to contact with your doctors.
2. Salt Therapy
Salt therapy is considered as an effective way to help treat mucocele in a safe and healthy way and a teaspoon of salt is enough. It is also known as one of the most successful ways to treat oral thrush.
Salt is loaded with a large number of healing agents which can provide you with good relief from mucocele.
- Add salt to a cup of warm water
- Rinse your mouth two or three times daily
Note: You should watch out the size of your mucocele each day because it is a sign to tell you if the treatment is effective or not.
Known as packing with the anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, honey is one of the best home remedies for mucocele.
Those agents help ease the inflammation and alleviate the pain.
Besides, the anti-bacterial agents in honey support greatly the infection prevention and thereby speeding up the healing process.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to a half teaspoon of turmeric power
- Rub the mixture over your affected skin areas
- Waif for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water
- Follow the treatment 3 times each day
- Rub the honey over the affected area before the bedtime at night
Don’t forget that ice confers numerous health benefits in treating skin problems.
It helps ease the irritation as well as numb the pain that is link to large oral cysts.
- Place several ice cubes into a thin cloth
- Put the ice pack over the skin areas affected for 2 minutes
- Follow the treatment several times per day
At the same time, you should consume cold water to help get the discomfort removed.
5. Tea Bag
Tea is loaded with tannic acid, known as a type of astringent to have the pain and inflammation reduced as well as accelerate the process of healing.
- Steep some tea with a tea bag
- Put the tea bag in the fridge in 30 minutes
- Place it gently over the mucocele area for 15 minutes
- Follow the treatment up to thrice per day until its condition gets better
6. Alove Vera
It is undeniable that alove vera benefits your skin in various ways. It also proves its effectiveness in treating the mucocele.
Thanks to the soothing and anti-inflammatory agents, aloe vera enables to heal the pain and helps you eliminate the cyst in a fat way.
Apart from that, using aloe vera can burst the cyst and prevent from the reappearance of mucocele.
- Prepare an alove vera leaf in order to extract its gel
- Rub the gel over the mucocele for 20 minutes
- Rinse the mouth off with warm water
- Follow the treatment some times each day for a few days
Just simply, wash your mouth off with fresh and raw aloe vera juice up to three daily.
Turmeric is well known for its powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agents, which help suffers get rid of some common health ailments, such as mucoceles.
- Combine a teaspoon of turmeric powder with milk to create a paste
- Rub the paste over the affected skin with a cotton ball
- Leave it on for 30 minutes
- Wash your mouth off with warm water
- Repeat the same process thrice each day
All you need to do is applying the juice to your cyst for twice daily in several weeks.
8. Primrose Oil
Another common mucoceles removal at home is primrose oil. It is highly recommended to be rubbed directly on the cyst so that it blurs quickly.
This mucoceles home treatment makes the risk of infection decline. People also use honey with castor oil as well.
9. Castor Oil and Honey
It is not easy to find castor oil since it is often derived from the same plant.
Castor oil is mixed with some honey to make it become one of the most incredible home remedies for mucoceles treatment at home.
The mixture will assist in battling bacteria surrounding the skin area if used a few time each day.
Known officially as hydrated potassium aluminum sulfate, alum has shown its effectiveness in treating mucocele at home.
Alum gets the cyst gone way easily and protect your mouth from cyst reappearance
It is better to rub alum over the lip cyst, leave it for a few minutes and wash it off with clean water.
When it comes to mucocele removal, thing you need to grab right away is mouthwash.
It is known as among best home remedies for mucocele because of its antibacterial agents that softens the lip cyst inside your mouth.
You are strongly suggested to rinse your mouth with mouthwash containing no alcohol.
Take a time and start to treat mucocele with new ingredient. Sage, which looks unfamiliar with lots of people, turns out to be top home treatments for mucocele.
Sage is well-known for its calming effect to help relieve the discomfort linked with a lip cyst.
The dry effect, along with astringent makes the cyst blur in a short period of time.
- Mix about 3 teaspoons of dried sage leaves with 2 glass of boiled water
- Wrap it up and allow it to steep within 15 minutes
- Wait to cool down the mixture
- Gargle your mouth with this solution a few times per day
Note: You are NOT ALLOWED to consume this mouth rinse.
13. Licorice Root
Serving as a natural demulcent, licorice root can make it become one of the best home remedies for mucocele.
The root helps create a protective layer on the affected skin area in order to fight with irritation.
Also, it contains anti-inflammatory as well as antimicrobial contents.
- Dip a teaspoon of licorice root powder into two cups of hot water in hours
- Strain the solution and apply it as a mouth rinse a few times daily
The treatment helps you accelerate the healing process.
If you have not find any proper treatment, then glycerine gives you a hand.
Glycerine has healing and antiseptic properties to get fight with bacteria triggering infection and accelerate the healing process naturally.
It might take long time but is efficient indeed.
- Rub glycerine directly over the mucocele with a cotton swab
- Wait for a few minutes
- Wash it off with clean water
15. Lemon or Orange Juice
Both lemon and orange juice contain great source of vitamin C, which mark them as among top home remedies for mucocele.
It is vitamin C that can inhibit the development of mucocele and prevent it from severe swelling.
You can opt for consuming the juice depending on your favorite drink or use a cotton swab to apply the juice on the affected skin area.
You are suggested not to touch the lip cyst with fingers.
16. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is regarded helpful in removing mucocele at home.
In details, it can work as anti-fungal and antiseptic treatment for ages.
This kind of oil is well known for its efficiency in solving many skin and hair problems and of course, mucocele is among one of them.
It would be a big mistake if we do not mention yogurt as one of the best natural home remedies for mucocele.
Yogurt can ease pain along with discomfort while it is drunk or eaten.
Also, this fresh ingredient helps the affected areas to be relived from irritation thanks to its cooling effect.
You had better know that yogurt can prevent the expansion and recurrence of mucocele effectively.
Do’s And Don’ts:
- Check your cysts regularly to ensure that they do not get infected
- Avoid to bite your lips or cheeks frequently
- Chew some sugarless gums can help ward off biting the affected skin area
- Ensure your good oral hygiene by washing with a mouthwash and brushing the teeth to eliminate food particles so that the wound does not become infected.
When To See Doctor
In case those home remedies are found ineffective, which fails to heal mucocele and its chance of returning is relatively high, you need to consult the local medical professional to ask for further advice.
The only thing that patients should concern is that the cyst can return at any time.
There is also no guarantee that the mucocele will not come back after you have laser surgery.
To help us reach out millions of outside readers, do not forget to LIKE and SHARE if you find this article helpful!