Insect bites and animals
Insect bites and animals
- 1 Insect bites and animals
- 2 Bite in the eye: first aid, treatment
- 3 Medical expert of the article
- 4 Reaction to bite bite in the eye
- 5 How long does a moth bite in the eye?
- 6 Edema after a bite of midges in the eye
- 7 Bite of midges in the eye of a child
- 8 Treatment of bite bite in the eye
- 9 Helping bite in the eye
- 10 Remedies for biting midges in the eye
- 11 Folk remedies for bite in the eye
- 12 Intoxication NO!
- 13 Bee sting
- 14 The composition of bee venom
- 15 What is the harm of a bee sting?
- 16 What is the use of a bee sting?
- 17 Bee Bite Symptoms
- 18 First aid and treatment
- 19 Bee sting allergy
- 20 Folk remedies for bee sting
- 21 How to avoid a bee sting
A rubric devoted to the description of bites by animals and insects, including poisonous ones. How to treat the bite site, provide first aid to the victim, what treatment is needed, preventive measures — we discuss all this here.
What is dangerous bite midges, how to treat edema, allergies, which can not be done.
What snakes live in Russia, what to do when a bite — symptoms, help, treatment.
Consequences of a cat bite, when to consult a doctor, first aid, complications.
Head, clothes, pubic lice — how to get rid of, treatment of bites, photos.
The danger of bedbug bites, home treatment with folk remedies.
How to remove the itch from a flea bite, than to anoint, remove edema, folk remedies.
What to do if you have bitten horsefight: symptoms, treatment, how to remove edema.
Folk remedies to remove swelling, eliminate itching, help children.
The benefits and harm of a bee sting, what to do at the same time, first aid and treatment.
What are the consequences of an ant bite, symptoms, treatment, is there any benefit.
Description of first aid for the bite of a wasp, including folk remedies.
What is dangerous tick bite, how to give first aid, to what doctor to contact.
What are dangerous dog bites, all about rabies, how to treat a wound, when to see a doctor.
Bite in the eye: first aid, treatment
Medical expert of the article
Summer is a beautiful time, a season of holidays. Heat, sun, sea, fresh air — and it seems nothing can overshadow such a wonderful pastime. But just do not bite midges in the eye! This can become a serious problem, which entails many problems and inconveniences, and sometimes can cause serious complications.
, , 
Reaction to bite bite in the eye
Most often with a bite of the midges develop an allergic reaction. It can be different in severity, in the rate of development of the reaction. Reaction can occur both within a few minutes after a bite, and after a few days or even weeks. The severity of the reaction can be different — from mild irritation, redness, hives to a severe form of anaphylactic shock, Quincke’s edema.
How long does a moth bite in the eye?
The bite of the midges can last from 2 to 15 days, depending on the sensitivity of the organism, the degree of its senbilization, the state of the immune system, the hormonal background, allergization of the body. Also, the speed of the reaction can be influenced by the current state of the organism, in particular, the frequency of human disease, chronic, latent and current diseases, the presence of a bacterial or viral infection.
Edema after a bite of midges in the eye
Edema develops as a reaction to enzymes that enter the eye with an insect bite. Edema is often accompanied by severe itching, irritation, tissue tightening. An inflammatory process can also develop, a purulent-septic inflammation. The most dangerous is Quincke’s edema, which is constantly progressing and can lead to suffocation.
Bite of midges in the eye of a child
If a child is bitten by midges in the eye, as soon as possible to take measures to provide first aid. It is necessary to give the child anti-allergic (antihistamine) drugs that will reduce the allergic reaction of the body, normalize its current state, will prevent the development of edema, the progression of the reaction.
If the child has a tendency to allergic reactions, there is a risk of developing progressive edema, including Quincke’s edema. Also, the systemic reaction of the body can develop: body temperature increase, development of general malaise, chills, decrease in the body’s protective reserves. In turn, a violation of the immune system can lead to a sharp disruption of the body’s homeostasis, the development of dysbacteriosis. As a consequence, various diseases develop, including throat and nasopharyngeal diseases. Often against the background of the bite of midges develop rhinitis, rhinosinusitis.
Also the danger is that complications can affect the eye. First of all, conjunctivitis — an inflammatory disease of the mucous membrane of the eye develops. First the inflammation develops against the background of an allergic reaction, then an infection can join, leading to the development of a purulent-septic process.
, , 
Treatment of bite bite in the eye
If the midges bite in the eye, first of all you need to remove from the eye sting, any remains of the insect, its secretions. After this, it is necessary to wash the eye with plenty of clean, better sterile water. Distilled water or water for injection is well suited. If there is none at hand, ordinary boiled water will do. Then the eye should be dripped with any drops for the eyes.
Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-allergic drops are best suited. This is only first aid. In the future, you should always consult a doctor, undergo an examination and undergo the necessary treatment, which will avoid complications.
Helping bite in the eye
The first help is to rinse the eye of poisons and enzymes that fall into the eye with an insect bite. Then it is necessary to drip the eye with anti-inflammatory or antiseptic drops that will prevent the development of complications, including infection, inflammation, suppuration. Then you need to see a doctor who will prescribe the treatment. Often, treatment includes a course of eye drops or ointment for the eyes. If necessary, prescribe drugs of systemic action: it can be anti-inflammatory, antihistamines.
How to remove the swelling after biting midges in the eye?
Edema can be removed with the help of lotions on the eye, as well as using various medications. These can be drops and ointments for the eyes. Also, with a strong edema, antiallergic, antihistamines are prescribed, which have systemic effects on the body.
Remedies for biting midges in the eye
From the bite of midges you can use various commercial products that can be purchased at the pharmacy. Most often they are sold in a pharmacy in the form of sprays, ointments, which are applied to various parts of the body, including, and on the face area. You can also use herbal, homeopathic remedies, phytopreparations.
Consider some vegetable decoctions, which are recommended for use for carrying out lotions, compresses, eye rinses.
Well-established various herbal collections, which include several plants at the same time. Cooking fees and decoctions from them is quite simple: take a few spoons of herbs and fill it with 1-2 glasses of boiling water. Then cover tightly with a lid, insist 30-40 minutes. After that, filter and drink during the day.
- Recipe number 1. With a strong swelling, irritation, at the initial stage of conjunctivitis use a collection of licorice root, chamomile, violet, fennel seeds and carrot seeds. Use it as a decoction. For cooking, take the vegetable components in equal parts, pour boiling water.
- Recipe number 2. When swelling of the mucous membrane of the eye, impending eyelids, use a collection of quinoa, antennae of strawberries and fennel.
- Recipe number 3. The washing of the eyes is also carried out with a decoction of leaves of badjan, clover and licorice root.
- Recipe number 4. With edema and suppuration of the eyes, a lily-of-the-valley lily of the valley, marshmallow, mother-and-stepmother, chamomile and calendula are used.
- Recipe number 5. Vegetable collection with broth from corn stigmas, elecampane, lemon balm, chamomile leaves.
- Recipe number 6. With strong cuts in the eyes, redness and irritation of the mucous membranes, conjunctivitis, use a collection of leaves of aloe, eucalyptus, valerian, cloves. To eliminate inflammation, burning, itching, it is recommended to add fennel fruits and licorice root.
- Recipe number 7. With severe burning, lachrymation, edema of the eye mucosa, it is recommended to use a decoction of needles, marsh reeds, plantain. You can also add birch buds.
- Recipe number 8. With an allergic reaction, inflammation and suppuration, which are accompanied by an allergic component, swelling of the mucous membranes, a collection of licorice root, turns, chamomile, horsetail is used. With prolonged illness, you can add to the collection immortelle and elecampane. In inflammatory diseases, a strong puffiness that spreads over the nasolacrimal canal to the throat and nasopharynx, sage and lavender are added to the collection.
- Recipe number 9. With prolonged illness, a collection of cones of hop, string, horsetail is used. With the progression of puffiness and suppuration of the bite site against the background of a decrease in resistance, fatigue, decline in strength, the fruits of the dog rose, the flowers of the immortelle, or the fruits of hawthorn are added.
Recipe number 10. When the eye mucosa is overdried, burning, irritated, a collection of mother-and-stepmother, plantain leaf, licorice root is used. With prolonged flow, you can add grass horsetail field.
Lotion of bite in the eye
Bites can be used from the bite. To do this, you need to prepare a solution in advance, which will be used as a tool for lotions. It can be a solution of medicinal preparations, ready solutions for lotions and eye rinses, and you can also prepare the product yourself. Well-suited herbal decoctions and homeopathic remedies.
Chamomile officinalis has anti-inflammatory, diaphoretic, antipyretic effect, quickly eliminates the inflammatory and infectious process. It is used for inflammation of the mucous membranes, normalizes the activity of the lacrimal glands, and cleanses the nasolacrimal canal.
Peppermint, lofant or lemon balm is a representative of one family. They are used separately in the form of a mono-product, or in the composition of the mixture. Excellent sweatshops that stimulate mucous membranes and various receptors. These plant components are rich in phytohormones, flavonoids. This allows you to quickly eliminate inflammation, remove swelling, redness, irritation. It is recommended to take only women, because these herbal components contain a large number of female hormones, which negatively affects the health status of men.
Hawthorn medicinal is an excellent anti-inflammatory and antiseptic agent, which is used to treat various diseases. It contains a large amount of vitamin, microelements, thanks to which the metabolic processes in the body are quickly normalized, and the mucous membranes are restored. Especially useful is the hawthorn to pregnant women and nursing mothers, since it additionally stimulates the production of milk, normalizes metabolic processes, stimulates the production of immunoglobulin A, which is responsible for the normal functioning of the mucous membrane. Removes manifestations of allergies, swelling.
Calendula officinalis (marigold) is used in the form of decoctions, infusions, promotes profuse tears, reduces inflammation and local temperature, prevents the development of an infectious and inflammatory process, prevents the formation of purulent exudate. Calendula contains a large amount of vitamin, saturates the body with vitamins and nutrients.
Ointments from bite bugs in the eye
A special ophthalmic ointment can be used, which is placed behind the eyelid. Ointment is bought in a pharmacy in ready form or is prepared in pharmacy conditions under an individual prescription. Ointment for the eyes can not be prepared at home on their own, because for its production requires sterile conditions. When storing it is also necessary to maintain the tightness of the packaging and sterility. They put ointment on the eyelid. At the same time, sterile sticks or a special tip are used, which goes along with the ointment.
Drops in the eye from a bite bite
From the bite of midges, sterile water for washing the eye is used first. Then, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and antibacterial ointments may be required. Well-proven drops such as vial (helps to moisturize the eye, remove the inflammatory process). Levomycetin droplets in their composition contain a light antibiotic (levomitsetin), and accordingly, have antiseptic, antibacterial action, and also relieve inflammation. To reduce the allergic reaction, it is possible to normalize intraocular pressure with the use of albucid.
, , 
Folk remedies for bite in the eye
Traditional medicine has many recipes that allow you to quickly get rid of the consequences of a bite of midges. Apply more often lotions on eyes, spend lavages. When carrying out the lotions, the cotton disc or bandage is moistened in a pre-prepared broth, or solution, slightly squeezed and applied to the eye. It is necessary to lie down with a lotion for at least 30 minutes. As the drying time, the wadded disc can be replaced or rewet.
A sterile pipette is used for washing. The liquid is poured in behind the eyelid, giving the opportunity to drain. After the procedures, it is recommended to lie for at least 10-15 minutes.
For the treatment of edema and inflammation after bite, midges are used sporish (bird mountaineer). It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, reduces inflammation, swelling and flushing of tissues. It restores the mucous membrane of the eye, promotes the formation of tear fluid, natural wetting and washing of the eye. Due to the high content of vitamin C, essential oils and glycosides, it stimulates local immunity, provides a fortifying effect. When ingestion additionally has also a restorative, tonic effect on the body, increases the endurance and resistance of the body.
St. John’s Wort is used in the form of broths and infusions for lotions, rinses. Used rhizome and roots. It is used to treat virtually any inflammatory and edematous diseases, including conjunctivitis. Quickly removes swelling and inflammation, soothes, restores the mucous membrane of the eye.
Donnik medicinal is used in the form of broths and infusions for lotions and washes. The tops of shoots with leaves and flowers are applied. The plant is poisonous, so take it with caution. Quickly removes the swelling, softens the irritated mucous membrane. Prevents the development of purulent and inflammatory process, prevents the development of infection.
Cloves are used to treat inflammatory processes. Removes symptoms of intoxication, swelling, inflammation and irritation of the mucous membrane. It is used in the form of broths, infusions. Carnation can also be used for oral administration, since it has a systemic effect on the body. This helps to relieve inflammation, including the eye. Eliminates nasal congestion, inflammation of the mucous membrane.
Aronia barberry is used as an anti-inflammatory, decongestant and anesthetic. Often used for eye rinses, lotions, compresses. Rowan also has an antimicrobial effect, effective both against bacteria and against viruses. This prevents the development of infection and prevents the development of the inflammatory process.
With the help of herbal decoctions, the bite of midge in the eye is cured most easily, since they contain a large number of active components, have a prolonged effect.
, , 
Few people in their lives have not encountered poisoning. Whether it is food poisoning or chemical, obtained as a result of an accident, or simply inhaled by mercury vapor from a broken thermometer — in any case, there is little pleasant disease.
No one is waiting for trouble, but when faced with them, it often happens that we are unprepared for them, and we don’t know what to do to quickly deal with their consequences. Many people, faced with the intoxication of themselves or their loved ones from any substance, lose precious time before the arrival of an ambulance simply because they do not know how to behave in this situation. And inadequate first aid or the lack of it, can have a negative effect on the human body, especially in case of poisoning.
Our site was created in one place to collect all the necessary information about different types of poisonings, their consequences, emergency first aid, descriptions of the action of toxins, poisons, antidotes, antidotes and sorbents. Indeed, in such circumstances it is important to react quickly, and the fact that it is possible to find the necessary knowledge in one place is an advantage.
Informativeness, reliability and maximum benefit is the motto of our trial portal.
Everything is poison, everything is medicine; both determine the dose of Paracelsus
Bees are beneficial insects. They pollinate plants, so that on the table we have berries, vegetables and fruits. Do not forget about such a wonderful product like honey, which appears only due to the activity of the bees. And in medicine, beekeeping, called scientifically apitherapy, is widely used to treat various diseases.
Meeting with the bees in life brings not so much joy, how much pain and disappointment. People who are predisposed to allergies may experience a strong reaction to bee sting or even death. We will try to figure out what a bee bites — benefit or harm. Let’s get acquainted with the rules of first aid and treatment.
The composition of bee venom
In the composition of bee venom can detect the most important macro — and micronutrients, such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus. It contains proteins, fats, carbohydrates, acids (phosphoric and hydrochloric). But a special role is played by some biologically active substances.
- Melitin is the most dangerous toxin. Contributes to the destruction of red blood cells. Violates the processes of exchange. Stimulates the release of substances that cause inflammation. Increases the permeability of the vascular wall, contributes to muscle contraction.
- Histamine causes an allergic reaction, is the cause of edema, bronchospasm, expansion of blood vessels and a drop in blood pressure.
- Apamin has a stimulating effect on various parts of the nervous system.
- Phospholipase A2 damages cell walls.
- Hyaluronidase is an enzyme that destroys mucopolysaccharides, including hyaluronic acid, which is part of the connective tissue, which leads to the rapid spread of edema.
What is the harm of a bee sting?
A single bee sting in an ordinary person causes only a local reaction. In this case, there is always pain. She is strong enough, burning. Edema appears, which quickly spreads, reddens the skin. The most severe consequences are observed when a bee bites into the head.
If the bee stung the eye, then due to pronounced swelling of the eyelids, it is completely closed. The pain is very strong. Tearing appears. Perhaps the development of complications in the form of:
- blepharitis (inflammation of the century);
- panophthalmitis (inflammation of all membranes of the eye).
A bite in the lips or mucous membranes of the oral cavity is accompanied by significant local edema, which can lead to difficulty breathing. This scenario is possible if the insect got into a jam or other product, and the person did not notice the bee while eating.
The bee sting is the most difficult during pregnancy and in childhood. It is more difficult for pregnant women to help, as many drugs are contraindicated during this period. In children, the reaction to external influences is always stronger than in an adult.
What is the use of a bee sting?
Poison bee can bring not only harm, but also benefit. There is a whole area of traditional medicine — apitherapy, through which many diseases can be treated. What is useful bee sting?
The very components of the poison that cause negative reactions in the human body also have a therapeutic effect:
improvement of metabolism;
Bee Bite Symptoms
The general reaction of the body is observed with multiple bee stings. At the same time, symptoms of intoxication appear:
First aid and treatment
Suffer, perhaps, anyone, so everyone should know what to do from a bee sting. The action algorithm is very simple.
- Remove the sting, as the bee always leaves it at the site of the bite. This is necessary in order to stop the further flow of poison into the body. This should be done very carefully with tweezers, which should be previously treated with an alcohol-containing solution. If the tweezers are not at hand, you can try to remove the sting with your nails or with a disinfected needle.
- The bite site must be processed. Wash with soap and water or a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Any antiseptic, such as alcohol, setting calendula will do.
- A simple way to remove the swelling after a bee sting is to apply a cloth dipped in cold water. Ice will do as well. Do not use for these purposes water from a nearby reservoir — you can infect the infection.
- Take an antihistamine pill. You can take «Suprastin», «Tavegil», «Tsetrin», «Zodak.» It is better for children to give medicine in the form of drops.
- Locally used ointments and creams, such as «Advantan», «Fenistil gel», ointment with hydrocortisone.
- Drink more fluids, then the poison will quickly be eliminated from the body.
Place the bite can not be combed. The intake of alcohol should be avoided, as it promotes the rapid spread of poison in the body. If everything is done correctly, the edema disappears without a trace within 1–5 days.
A very difficult situation arises if the bee has bitten in the eye. What to do in this case: call an ambulance and take antiallergic means. Trying to solve the problem yourself is not worth it, since the likelihood of complications is high, and you can lose your sight.
Bee sting allergy
An allergic reaction occurs in people who are hypersensitive to bee venom. Even a single bite is dangerous for them and can lead to death. Allergy is manifested in different ways.
- Urticaria is characterized by the appearance of blisters of a pale pink color in various parts of the body. Localization of the rash does not depend on the site of the bite. There is severe itching.
- With angioedema, the face, neck, lips, tongue, upper respiratory tract swells, which can lead to death by suffocation.
- Anaphylactic shock is the most severe reaction. It develops with lightning speed. At the same time, all the symptoms of allergy are observed, bronchospasm develops, pressure drops and there is no consciousness. If time does not help the victim, then death occurs.
First aid for bee sting allergies
Treatment for a bee sting with the development of an allergic reaction should begin immediately. In this case, you must always call an ambulance.
Before the arrival of the doctors, all the same activities are carried out as in the usual situation. Acceptance of antihistamine drugs is required. Arriving at the site of the doctors after assessing the condition usually use «Prednisolone» or «Dexamethasone». Medicines are administered intravenously or intramuscularly. These hormonal agents help reduce the symptoms of an allergic reaction.
Sometimes, to save the life of the victim, a conicotomy is required when an incision is made in the tracheal region, after which a tube is inserted. Due to this, air begins to enter the respiratory tract.
After providing first aid, victims should remain under medical supervision. Acceptance of hormonal drugs continues until full recovery — the disappearance of edema and rash. Also, some time you need to take antihistamines. As an addition to the main treatment, intravenous administration of sodium thiosulfate or calcium chloride can be added.
With the development of anaphylactic shock, resuscitation is necessary. Hospitalization and inpatient treatment is required.
Folk remedies for bee sting
When a bee stings, folk remedies may also be useful as first aid.
How to treat a bee sting at home? To neutralize the harmful effects of poison, you can do the following:
- sugar refined wet with water and attach to the bite;
- dissolve an aspirin tablet in water and process the wound with the resulting solution;
- aspirin with activated carbon to throw in a glass of water, wait until they dissolve, moisten cotton wool and lubricate the sore spot;
- attach cut vegetables and fruits to the bite of the bee: tomato, onion, cucumber, apple;
- gruel can be made from soda and water, which is applied to the sore spot;
- garlic juice will help prevent edema.
How to avoid a bee sting
For those who are not a supporter of apitherapy and do not want to become a victim of bee sting, you need to follow the basic rules:
- keep calm when meeting an insect and not waving your arms;
- do not eat foods that attract bees on the street: fruits and sweets;
- if you have to rest in nature, it is better to dress lowly, close your arms, legs and head;
- insects that are seen nearby cannot be disturbed.
In general, a meeting with a bee can bring not only harm, but also tangible health benefits. The most important thing is to know how to remove a tumor arising from a bee sting and prevent the development of complications. It is even more important to remember what to do if you are allergic to a bee sting. The life of a person may depend on the right first aid.