HOW EFFECTIVE IS HYGIA SHAMPOO FOR HEAD LICE
Shampoo for lice and nits «Hygia»: reviews
- 1 Shampoo for lice and nits «Hygia»: reviews
- 2 Where lice come from
- 3 The composition of the tool
- 4 Advantages and disadvantages
- 5 Useful videos
- 6 Release form, description, composition and packaging
- 7 Action of the drug
- 8 Drug properties
- 9 Pharmacokinetics
- 10 Description of the drug, the effect on lice
- 11 The drug «Hygia»: instructions for use
- 12 Overdose incidents
- 13 Special recommendations
- 14 Price and analogues
- 15 What diseases apply?
- 16 What is included in the shampoo
- 17 How to use shampoo Hygia
- 18 The main contraindications to the use of the drug
- 19 Adverse reactions
- 20 Release form and method of application
- 21 Lice Removal
- 22 The composition of the drug
- 23 Removing nits
- 25 Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- 26 Reprocessing
- 27 User reviews for Hygia
- 28 Hygia, instructions for use (method and dosage)
There is a stereotypical opinion that head lice can appear only in poor families, and in those who do not keep the house clean. In practice, a child may become infected with pediculosis in kindergarten, at a Christmas tree or in a camp. The most radical method in the discharge of the people — treatment with kerosene — is outdated. The pharmaceutical industry is not in place, offering a variety of modern tools: shampoos, ointments, sprays. Hygia is one of the most effective drugs against pediculosis. What kind of tool we consider next.
Where lice come from
Parasite risk factors:
- using a comb, bed linen, or other items of personal hygiene with an infected person,
- visiting water parks, saunas, where the water has not changed for a long time. Lice can live in water for a while.
- wearing hats with the infected,
- a child’s stay in a kindergarten, camp, concert, or other place with a large number of children.
Find out more where lice come from, how you can get them on our website.
The composition of the tool
The main component of shampoo «Hygia» is permethrin. Getting into the hair, paralyzes the lice and nits, which leads them to death. But, shampoo does not harm nits — the larvae. Outwardly, they look like dandruff. When pressed, you can hear a crash, nits are located at the roots of the hair. The shampoo weakens the attachment of larvae to the hair, after which they can be combed with a special comb in the kit.
Hygia is safe to use, does not harm children’s skin, and parts of the product break down when they interact with the air. This minimizes the risk of poisoning. Substances in the tool are safe for children’s scalp, do not cause burns and irritation.
Instructions for use
- Moisten baby’s hair with warm water.
- Apply to the hair 15-20 g of shampoo, evenly distributed throughout the length.
- Massaging the product in the roots of the hair should be rubbed, thick foam should be formed.
- Leave the shampoo for 20 minutes in the hair.
- Rinse hair with regular shampoo.
- Comb out dead lice and larvae with a comb. On how to properly comb the nits from the hair, you can read on our website.
An important point! The treatment is repeated in a week.
Permethrin is safe to use, but there are several rules:
- apply shampoo with rubber gloves so as not to irritate the skin of the hands,
- Protect the eyes, nose and mouth of a child with a rolled towel,
- if the shampoo gets into your eyes, immediately rinse them thoroughly with warm water,
- if swallowed, immediately call a doctor and provoke vomiting,
- do not drink or eat anything during hair treatment,
- wash your hands with soap and water after the procedure.
In case of shampoo overdose, or too long use, rashes and severe itching of the scalp are possible. Then you should stop taking the remedy.
People with allergies may experience these problems. side effects:
- severe itching and inflammation of the skin,
If these signs appear, drink sweet tea and take an antihistamine, it will help relieve symptoms.
Important! Shampoo for lice and nits «Hygia», it is forbidden to use as a prophylactic drug for pediculosis.
The average cost per package is 350 rubles. In some regions, the price may be slightly lower — about 320 rubles.
Advantages and disadvantages
Among the advantages of shampoo from lice and nits «Hygia» emit:
- reasonable price
- nice smell,
- minimal risk of poisoning
Among the disadvantages:
- can not be used during pregnancy
- the minimum age of a child to use the drug is 5 years,
- can not cope with nits, but only weakens their grip,
- violation of the hair structure.
Modern treatment of pediculosis.
How to get rid of nits: treatment of the head, combing, products, shampoos.
Release form, description, composition and packaging
The drug «Hygia», the instructions for use of which are in a box of thick paper, is made in the form of a thick yellow shampoo with apricot aroma.
It includes an active ingredient such as permethrin. As for the additional ingredients, they include: helium base, Bronopol, Tween 80, ethylene diamine tetraacetate disodium, dyant sunset yellow, glacial acetic acid and sodium chloride.
In the sale of the drug comes in plastic bottles with a blue cap, which are placed in a cardboard box.
Action of the drug
How does the shampoo in question work? What do the reviews say about this? Hygia is a highly effective remedy aimed at combating pubic and head lice. The drug quickly destroys these parasites.
The active element of the shampoo — permethrin — is a synthetic pyrethroid, which is characterized by high insecticidal activity and low toxicity. It acts as a contact nerve and muscle poison and does not have a toxic effect on humans and warm-blooded animals.
How long does the mentioned drug last? What do consumer reviews say about this? Hygia is valid for a short period of time. It quickly collapses in the air. In this regard, there is completely no danger of its accumulation in the body.
What properties are inherent in Higia shampoo? The instruction states that the detergent, which is a combination of coconut alkylamide and sodium alkyl ether sulphate, has foaming and detergent properties and does not irritate the skin.
As for glacial acetic acid, it significantly accelerates the sticking of nits.
Is Hygia shampoo absorbed into the systemic circulation? According to the instructions, permethrin is practically not absorbed into the blood, so it rarely causes the appearance of side reactions.
For which diseases is the most effective drug under consideration? What do medical reviews say about this? Hygia is a shampoo that fights well with pubic and head lice.
Description of the drug, the effect on lice
The product is made in the form of pediculicidal shampoo. It has a thick texture, yellow color, it smells pleasantly apricot.
- The active ingredient is an insecticidal substance — permethrin. Share in the composition of 1%. Permethrin affects the nervous system, blocks the transmission of nerve impulses. It enters the body of insects by contact, through spiracles. In a few minutes it causes paralysis and death in all types of lice.
- Permethrin destroys nymphs of any age, imago. Can not penetrate to the larva through the dense shell of the egg. Nits remain unscathed. But manufacturers have taken into account this fact, introduced into the composition of another active ingredient — glacial acetic acid. The substance easily dissolves the sticky mass, due to which the nit is held on the hair. After 15 minutes of exposure, lice eggs can easily be removed with a comb during combing.
- Additionally, the shampoo contains detergent components. They provide good foaming. Due to this, Hygia is evenly distributed throughout the head and hair.
Hygia shampoo for lice and nits is used as a regular hair wash. The only difference is that after application you need to hold for a few minutes.
Hygia Shampoo for head lice and nits on the head
The minimum amount of Hygia shampoo is applied to the elbow bend. Observe the condition of the epidermis, sensations 30 minutes. The presence of a rash, redness, itching, burning, swelling, other unpleasant symptoms is a reason for rejection of the drug.
It is contraindicated to use Hygia shampoo for lice on the head in the presence of injuries, abrasions, wounds, infection of the skin. In other cases, the tool is used according to the instructions.
The drug «Hygia»: instructions for use
Apply the medication in question should be only on pre-moistened hair. In this case, it is required to actively rub into the roots.
After a 20-minute exposure to the treated parts of the body, the shampoo should be thoroughly rinsed with warm water. You should also carefully comb your hair with a frequent comb to remove dead insects.
The normal consumption of shampoo for head lice is 15-20 ml (depending on the degree of contamination, thickness and length of hair).
Re-treatment of infected areas is desirable for 7-10 days, but not more than twice a month.
When using a large amount of shampoo for a long time, the patient may increase the symptoms that were indicated in the previous section. In this case, you must stop using the medication and rinse the skin with warm water. You can also use antihistamines.
Before using anti-parasitic shampoo, you should carefully study the abstract. It says that this drug is intended for external use only.
According to experts, this tool is used only for the treatment of pediculosis, and not for its prevention.
Avoid getting shampoo in the eyes and other mucous membranes. If the medication is still in the mouth or nose, as well as in the visual organs, then they must be thoroughly rinsed with warm water.
If swallowed, seek medical advice immediately.
After the procedure of applying the shampoo to the hair of the hand should be thoroughly washed with baby soap. For prolonged use of the medication, rubber gloves are required.
Price and analogues
The cost of the funds in question is about 350 rubles. If necessary, it can be replaced by such analogues as Nittifor, Pedex, Pedilin, Permethrin, and Permin.
The price of these drugs may differ from the above as well as up or down.
Hygia is an inexpensive and very effective drug that fights pedicular diseases well. This is the opinion of most consumers. Using shampoo as prescribed and in a strictly defined dosage, patients rather quickly forget about head or pubic lice. However, some consumers claim that this tool is absolutely useless. Experts also believe that if the Hygia shampoo did not help, it means that the patient has acquired a fake. Therefore, to buy such a tool is desirable only in proven pharmacy chains.
What diseases apply?
Hygia Shampoo is designed exclusively for the destruction of head and pubic lice in adult patients and children aged 5 years. Against other parasitic diseases, Hygia does not possess any significant efficacy, although it can improve the course of seborrheic dermatitis or demodicosis.
Being created from lice, Hygia shampoo has a low efficiency in the treatment of nits. The tool has an insecticidal effect on the parasitic specimen (the louse simply dies), whereas with nits things are different.
The glacial acetic acid in the composition of the shampoo of Higia, although it accelerates the peeling of nits, but it is better to use other medications to remove the lice larvae.
The shampoo itself does not penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, and, consequently, its active components do not enter the systemic circulation.
What is included in the shampoo
Hygiene for lice is sold in pharmacies. The package contains a plastic bottle with the drug, with a volume of 120 ml and a special comb. Liquid gel, yellow, with the smell of lemon. The cost varies from 200 to 350 rubles.
The composition of the shampoo includes:
The main component of permethrin, 100 ml contains only 1 g. It refers to synthetic pyrethroids. It is characterized by a contact action that blocks the transmission of nerve impulses, as a result of which the lice paralyzes, which leads to its death. Destroys only adults. Does not harm human health and animals. The molecules of the shampoo are destroyed after contact with air, so the risk of accumulation and absorption of permethrin in the body is minimal.
How to use shampoo Hygia
The key to rapid and effective destruction of lice is the correct use of a pediculicidal agent.
Instructions for use shampoo Hygia:
- Lightly moisten hair with warm water.
- Squeeze 15-20 grams of the drug out of the bottle, depending on the length and thickness of the hair.
- Well foamed, rubbed in a few minutes in the hair follicles, evenly distributed over the entire length of the hair.
- Leave the agent for 20 minutes.
- Rinse hair thoroughly using regular shampoo.
- Comb out dead lice and nits.
Lice and nits should be combed gently over the paper, which is then folded and burned.
A week later, the treatment is repeated, but not more than two times in a row.
The main contraindications to the use of the drug
Before applying Hygia shampoo for head lice, you need to do a simple test to prevent the extensive manifestation of an allergic reaction. To do this, a small amount of the product is applied to the elbow bend. After 20-25 minutes, it is washed off and the skin reaction is monitored for several hours. If there is no irritation, redness, rash — you can use a louse shampoo.
The main contraindications to the use of Hygiene:
- individual intolerance,
- children up to 5 years
- pregnancy and lactation,
- inflammation and skin disease, the presence of abrasions, cuts, purulent infections.
Hygia Shampoo is prohibited to use as a prophylactic against lice and nits.
If you follow the instructions supplied with Hygia shampoo, adverse reactions do not occur. But sometimes the reaction of the body is difficult to predict, so in children and adults prone to allergic reactions, most often appear:
- rash, redness, itching.
In such cases, it is recommended to take antihistamine medicine and drink warm, sweet tea.
After using Higia, hair becomes dry and loses shine. Over time, the hair structure will recover. To help them, it is better to use cosmetic masks or oils.
Hygia against lice and nits has established itself as an effective remedy for pediculosis. The frequency of adverse reactions is so minimal that doctors prescribe it to children over five years old. Most importantly, follow the instructions and take precautions while using the shampoo.
She spent two months in the camp, and when she arrived home she complained that her head had begun to itch. Carefully inspecting the hair, noticed lice and nits. Long chose an effective remedy for head lice in the pharmacy, eventually bought Hygia. Clearly followed the instructions using shampoo. Foams well, does not flow down after application, did not like the smell. They washed away many dead parasites, but in order to comb out the nits, we had to try. Used for this comb from lice. Repeat the procedure after a week. My daughter helped, lice disappeared after the first procedure.
At work often have to go on a business trip. The next trip in the train ended with head lice. I don’t believe in folk remedies, so I began to monitor pharmaceutical preparations. After reviewing reviews of hygiene from lice, I decided to buy it. The price in the pharmacy is 230 rubles. He washed his head with him, the smell is pleasant. It was actually easy to comb the nits, even vinegar was not used. I got rid of them for two times.
She walked her daughter just a week into the garden and brought lice home. I bought Hygia, after use I went allergy, but I managed to get the lice out of my child.
Who appoints and where to buy?
This drug is allowed for self-purchase (no prescription is required) and use, but you shouldn’t do it better. Only a doctor can assess the degree of need for such drugs and only a doctor will be able to assess the effectiveness (success) of treatment.
Seek advice on the use of Hygia shampoo should be a general practitioner, a dermatologist or trichologist. It is also permissible to go to infectious disease doctors, parasitologists, or mycologists, but the treatment of lice is not their professional field of activity.
This drug is worth 320-345 rubles (according to data for 2016). You can buy Hygia shampoo at almost any pharmacy. When ordering a drug in online stores, you can count on savings, since the purchase of shampoo in this way costs 10-15% cheaper.
The main active (active) substance of Hygia shampoo is permethrin (100 grams of liquid contain 1 gram of permethrin).
Auxiliary components of the drug are:
- gel base
- twin 80,
- yellow dye like «Sunset»
- disodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate,
- acetic acid glacial acid
- aroma like «Aprikon Mint»,
- sodium chloride,
- pearl concentrate,
- sodium edetate.
Release form and method of application
The drug is releasing in the form of liquid for external use (shampoo). A standard bottle of Hygia contains 120 milliliters of the drug.
To apply shampoo, the first step is to apply the shampoo on the pre-moistened hair of the head or the hairy part of the body (if we are talking about pubic lice), carefully rubbing it into the hair roots.
After about 20-30 minutes, rinse off the medicine with warm running water from the shampoo-treated body parts. When scalp lice after this stage should be using a comb or comb to hold mechanical cleaning of the hair (removal of dead hair and their larvae).
For the effect in the treatment of pediculosis of the scalp, it is enough to use 15-20 milliliters of a product at a time. There are no specific doses of Hygia shampoo, the optimal amount of the applied agent is found empirically, depending on the severity of the disease and the response to treatment.
After the first treatment with the medicinal product, a pause of 7-10 days should be maintained, after which the procedure should be repeated. Remember that within 30 calendar days no more than two applications of shampoo are allowed, regardless of the severity of the disease and its response to treatment.
Hygia shampoo has a relatively small number of contraindications and in general can be used in patients of different age groups and with various diseases related to pediculosis.
Contraindications to this drug are as follows:
- individual intolerance to certain components of the drug (allergy),
- children up to 5 years
- the presence of severe diseases of the scalp (for example, Hoffmann’s folliculitis disruptive).
During pregnancy or breastfeeding, this tool is allowed, and it can be applied even without prior consultation with a doctor. Meanwhile, it is worth repeating that more than twice a month the drug can not be used, even if he could not cure the disease (in such cases, you should simply replace the tool).
Analogues of medication
Based on the information in the pharmacological reference books, the following drugs for lice can be used in terms of the efficacy and safety of using Hygia shampoo analogues:
- Cream Nittifor 1% (115 grams).
- Nittifor solution 0.5% (60 milliliters).
- Pedex solution 0.5% (60 milliliters).
- Pedilin shampoo (100 milliliters).
- Permethrin solution 0.5% (50 grams).
- Spray Permethrin 0.5% (50 grams).
- Permethrin ointment 4% (30 grams).
- Cream-shampoo Permin 1% (50 grams).
- Spregal aerosol (152 grams).
- Spray with the trade name Spray Pax (8 grams).
The procedure is carried out in the bathroom.
- Moisturize hair.
- Wear rubber gloves on your hands, squeeze out the necessary amount of shampoo. At least 1 tbsp. spoons for long hair.
- Good foam.
- Leave for exposure for 20 minutes. Children can keep 15.
- After the specified time, rinse the Hygia shampoo thoroughly with warm water.
- Dry with a hairdryer, or wait for natural drying.
Hygia has a relatively small number of possible adverse reactions, which in most cases occur when the dosage of the shampoo is exceeded or applied more than twice a month.
The following adverse reactions to shampoo are most common in patients:
- allergic reactions of various types (in most cases manifested as itching or local eczema),
- the appearance of dandruff during drug treatment,
- a temporary increase in the number of hair falling out (more hair enters the telogen phase),
- skin tightness, microcracks on the skin.
In the event of adverse reactions, the subsequent use of the drug should be discontinued and immediately consult a doctor to determine further treatment tactics.
The composition of the drug
The secret of the rapid effectiveness of Hygia in the composition. Available in thick yellow liquid. It smells like apricot. The average price of 120 ml — 170 — 260 rubles.
- Permethrin acts as an active component from parasites. Its amount in the total composition of 1%. The substance acts on the membrane of nerve cells, violates the integrity, inhibits the transmission of nerve cells. In a matter of minutes, paralyzes the movement of insects. Then leads to death.
- Permethrin acts only on adults, helps to get rid of already formed insects. The shell of the nits does not pass the active ingredient to the larvae inside. Because of this, the risk of re-infection increases after 1-2 weeks. Manufacturers have eliminated this disadvantage by the presence of the second active ingredient — glacial acetic acid. The substance acts on the composition of the adhesive substance, with which the nits are attached to the hairs. As a result, it is easy to remove the nits with a comb when combing.
- Hygia Shampoo has detergent properties. The composition contains disodium ethylenediaminetetraacetate, which reduces the hardness of the water, the presence of foam. And also prevents the oxidation of shampoo, prolongs shelf life. You can use 3 years from the date of issue.
In vitro studies were conducted about the effect of the drug on human health. As a result, it was found that after contact with the skin, permethrin penetrates into the bloodstream in small quantities. The highest concentration — only 2%, is observed within 1 hour after using the shampoo. The substance is rapidly broken down, excreted in the urine. 2 hours after use in humans there is no toxic substance. Due to this effect, the drug can be used by children with a meager amount of toxic poisoning while following the instructions.
Spread out white sheets of paper. For combing take a comb with fine teeth or a special comb from lice. It is necessary to comb out carefully, each strand. The quality of this event depends on the final result. With the right approach, you can get rid of parasites for 1 time.
Using Hygia Shampoo
The use of shampoo from lice is practically no different from the usual washing of the head. In children does not cause fear or particular discomfort.
- need to moisten hair
- squeeze out 20 g of funds, it is about 1 tbsp. spoon,
- spread the shampoo over the entire length of the hair,
- rub into the scalp
- Massage until foaming,
- leave to affect for 10-15 minutes — depends on the length of the hair, the degree of infection,
- rinse thoroughly with warm water
- dry your hair with a hair dryer,
- carry out the combing procedure.
Hygia shampoo helps against lice after the first use. At the same time, while combing, lice with signs of life can be found, but they are constrained in movement. The effectiveness of the procedure now depends on the thoroughness of combing. It is better to do this in the bathroom in front of sheets of paper, a white sheet to see the results. The comb should be with frequent small teeth. Or use a special comb against lice. It is necessary to comb each strand, so as not to miss the nits, surviving parasites. With a short, medium hair length, the effectiveness of use after the first use of shampoo is 100%.
Since the shampoo helps against adult head lice, it is necessary to repeat the procedure after 1 week. During this time, the larvae of nits are born, surviving parasites are active. With a strong infection with lice spend 3 treatments at intervals of 1 week after each. It is not recommended to use more often than the specified time interval. If does not help from lice Hygia, you must seek the help of specialists. But this situation is extremely rare.
Hygia helps against head lice with a comb. If you ignore the procedure of combing, there will be nits, after some time there will be lice on the hair again.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Hygia Shampoo is a highly effective remedy whose effect is to destroy lice(head, pubic) and nits.
Active ingredient permethrinis synthetic pyrethroid, contact neuromuscular poison, not exhibiting toxic effects on such warm-blooded animals and humans. Insecticidal effect permethrinIt does not last long, because its molecules are rapidly destroyed in air. There is no danger of accumulation.
Hygia shampoo for lice acts on 99%. But the parasites have a chance. A few remaining nits will give birth to a new offspring within a month. To prevent an unpleasant situation, the further development of head lice after a week is carried out processing again. With a strong infection, manufacturers strongly recommend making 3 procedures with a break of 7 days.
Hygia shampoo can provoke dizziness, weakness, nausea, deterioration of health. With such symptoms, it is necessary to wash off the agent immediately, provide the patient with a stream of fresh air.
If the product is kept on the hair longer than the specified time or used more than 3 times, the structure of the hair is damaged, the luster disappears, split ends appear.
Reviews of hygiene for lice confirm the high efficacy of the drug One of the most popular means of pediculosis for children. The cost of the drug is about 260 rubles.
I had to remove the lice from the child. Infected with pediculosis at school. Immediately to the pharmacy, there advised Hygia. Convenient to use, smells good. It turned out to get rid of parasites for 1 time. Then combed nits another week, every day. The head was also washed again to fix the result. When used correctly, the hair remains alive, there were no side effects.
One of the best remedies for pediculosis. Helped us several times. Always effect after 1 treatment. Of the shortcomings — a sharpish smell, it climbs strongly in the nose. Hair loses a little shine, but is quickly restored. I recommend to everyone who faced the problem of lice.
Shampoo foams well, it smells good, does not irritate the skin, hair does not spoil. But Hygia acted weakly on my lice. Had to process twice and carefully comb the nits every day for 2 weeks.
Hygia shampoo for lice is used only for the removal of parasites, can not be used for the prevention of pediculosis.
User reviews for Hygia
Very effective shampoo. Bred lice from a daughter. Brought from school. During treatment, no side effects arose. There was only a slight burning sensation. In 15 minutes Hygia helps against lice, and in half an hour combing nits disappears with a comb. Effective, safe, smells good
I remember my childhood, when my mother brought out lice to me with dust soap, then she combed the comb of nits painfully and for a long time. The hair after that was just awful. Parasites appeared with the daughter, bought Hygia. Absolutely opposite feelings — acts quickly, combing parasites is easy, does not damage the hair. Very effective, smells good. About lice forgotten after one application. Her hair was short, periodically looked through 2 weeks, combed well with a comb every evening.
Hygia, instructions for use (method and dosage)
Apply shampoo to moisturized hair on the head and, if necessary, to other parts of the body with hair, for example, with pubic lice, rub into the roots (hair follicles).
After 20 minutes, wash off the shampoo from the treated skin areas with warm running water. Next, the head hair should be combed with a frequent comb and remove dead insects.
Hygiene, instructions for use and consumption rate:with head licecan vary between 15-20 ml depending on the length, thickness of the hair, as well as the degree of infection with lice or nits.
The treatment is repeated after 7-10 days a maximum of 2 times.