- 1 Head lice
- 2 What are nits
- 3 Life cycle of head lice
- 4 How head lice spread
- 5 Symptoms
- 6 Recommended treatment
- 7 Prevention of head lice
- 8 Contact
- 9 Resources
- 10 Ovide Lotion
- 11 Sklice
- 12 FDA Approves Sklice Lotion
- 13 Sklice Lotion Patient Information
- 14 What is Sklice Lotion?
- 15 Before using Sklice Lotion
- 16 How should I use Sklice Lotion?
- 17 Sklice Lotion side effects
- 18 How should I store Sklice Lotion?
- 19 What are the ingredients in Sklice Lotion?
- 20 General information about Sklice Lotion
- 21 Instructions for Use
- 22 How do I stop the spread of lice?
- 23 Further information
- 24 Resources for Health Professionals
- 25 The drug against lice D-95: description and instructions for use, approximate price and reviews
- 26 Operating principle
- 27 Instructions for use
- 28 Precautionary measures
- 29 Contraindications
- 30 Side effects
- 31 Advantages and disadvantages
- 32 Useful videos
- 33 Want to get rid of pediculosis at once? There is an exit!
- 34 What means, what are its advantages?
- 35 User’s manual
- 36 Basic Precautions
- 37 How it helps
- 38 Indications and Contraindications
- 39 Features of the drug
- 40 Rules of application
- 41 Pharmacist suggestions
- 42 Mode of application
- 43 Reviews about D 95 from lice
- 44 Drug properties
- 45 Advantages and method of use
Head lice are tiny wingless insects (2-3mm long) that live in the hair and feed on human blood. They vary in colour from cream to brown/black. They crawl quickly on the scalp and are difficult to see. They can only survive on humans.
What are nits
‘Nits’ is the common name for the small eggs that are laid by head lice. They are the size of a grain of salt, yellow-white in colour and are found firmly attached to the hair close to the scalp.
Common places for nits to be found are behind the ears, the back of the neck and the fringe. Dead nits are often black in colour and are found well away from the scalp.
Life cycle of head lice
Nits are laid on the hair shaft within 1cm of the scalp and take about 7-10 days to hatch into head lice. They will only hatch in a moist, warm environment such as the scalp.
If the lice are isolated from the head they die very quickly, generally within 24 hours, although in the NT’s hot environment they can live longer than in other places in Australia.
How head lice spread
Anyone can catch head lice; regardless of cleanliness. Head lice are spread by direct hair to hair contact with another person who has head lice. Head lice cannot jump or fly from head to head but may be passed on by sharing hats and brushes. They are unlikely to be spread through bedding, furniture or carpets.
Head lice are commonly found in primary school-aged children because of their often close, personal contact with each other.
Head lice may cause itch and irritation, leading to sleep disturbance and behavioural problems. They do not transmit any infectious diseases.
Scratching resulting in skin breakage may lead to skin infections.
People with head lice may not always have symptom, therefore it is important to routinely inspect for head lice.
Silicone based occlusive products are the safest and most effective at killing head lice and are now the recommended head lice treatment in the NT.
The Hedrin® range contains 2 active ingredients; dimenticone (kills the adult lice) and nerolidol (kills the nits) and works by smothering the head lice. These products have no documented evidence of resistance and are able to be used repeatedly.
Treatments should be according to instructions on the packet.
- all household members should be checked for head lice and everyone with head lice should be treated at the same time
- apply first treatment to clean, dry hair (see wet combing technique below)
- a second treatment 7 days from the first treatment is recommended in case any nits have hatched.
If a child is found to have head lice, their school, play group, child care centre etc should be notified so other children can be checked and treated if necessary.
Previously, insecticidal products were the main treatment option. They kill lice chemically but unfortunately, these products have become less effective as lice have become resistant to them.
The active compounds found in insecticidal head lice treatments include:
- Permethrin – least toxic to people
- Pyrethrin – moderately toxic to people
- Malathion – most toxic to people.
Overuse of insecticidal head lice treatments does not assist in getting rid of head lice and increases the risks of side effects. Side effects may include mild irritation of the eyes, skin, nose and throat and if alcohol based products are used, pain or irritation of open sores and cuts.
Pregnant women, people with sensitive skin and parents of young babies should consult with a doctor before applying insecticidal head lice treatments.
Care should be taken to avoid having the product come in contact with the user’s eyes, nose or throat.
The person applying the insecticidal treatment product should wear protective gloves (to avoid unnecessary exposure to the treatment).
Manual removal of head lice
Wet combing with a silicone based occlusive product is recommended. Hair conditioner can be used but is less effective. You will need a general comb and a fine tooth head lice comb to manually remove the lice.
Conditioner does not kill lice but it immobilises them so that they can be combed out and manually removed.
Eggs may be removed by the combing process or can be picked off by hand but some may be missed. If using conditioner, this technique should be carried out every second day until no live head lice have been found for 10 consecutive days. For use of the occlusive silicone based agent, only 1 treatment is needed and another should be applied again in 7 days.
The wet combing technique:
- Apply occlusive product or conditioner to dry hair – use enough to cover the whole scalp and all hair from roots to tips.
- Use a normal comb to remove tangles and comb product evenly throughout the hair.
- Use a fine tooth/head lice comb to comb hair from scalp to tips.
- Wipe the comb onto a tissue after each stroke to remove immobilised lice.
- Comb all hair at least twice and leave product in hair for recommended timeframe (see product instructions).
- Thoroughly wash remaining product from hair.
‘Natural’ and other products
There are no formal controlled clinical trials to demonstrate the effectiveness or side effects of tea-tree oil, eucalyptus or kerosene for treatment of head lice.
If treatment does not work
True treatment failure has occurred when live lice are found immediately after treatment.
Treatment failures may result from:
- inappropriate treatment technique
- hatching of lice from eggs since the last treatment
- resistance of head lice to a particular treatment product
- re-infestation from others who have been inadequately or not treated
- eggs found more than 1cm from the scalp do not represent treatment failure, they are usually dead or hatched eggs. Dead nits are dark/black in colour.
- change to a different category of treatment product. If you have used an insecticidal product, change to an occlusive product
- increase fine combing (eg twice daily)
- seek advice from a doctor or pharmacist.
Prevention of head lice
There are no products available to prevent head lice.
When lice are present in the community, simple strategies for prevention include:
- weekly hair and scalp checks
- wet combing frequently with nit combs
- avoid sharing brushes, combs, hats, pillows
- washing brushes and combs once a week in hot soapy water
- keeping long hair braided or tied back.
It is recommended that all children have their hair and scalp checked for head lice 1 week prior to returning to school. Effective monitoring and treatment during school holidays reduces the spread of head lice throughout the community.
For more information contact the Centre for Disease Control.
Last updated: 20 March 2020
GENERIC NAME(S): Malathion
OTHER NAME(S): Ovide Lotion
This medication is used to treat head lice, tiny insects that infest and irritate your scalp. Malathion belongs to a class of drugs known as organophosphates. It works by paralyzing and killing lice and their eggs (nits).
How to use Ovide Lotion
Learn all preparation and usage instructions in the product package. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
This medication is for use on hair and scalp only. Do not swallow. Be careful to avoid getting malathion in your nose, ears, mouth, vagina, or eyes. Protect eyes during application by keeping them tightly closed and covered with a cloth or towel. If the medication accidentally comes in contact with your eyes, flush them with water to reduce irritation. If irritation continues or you experience vision changes, talk to your doctor.
Apply this medication onto dry hair and scalp. Use enough medication to make the hair and scalp wet, especially the back of the head and neck. Allow the hair to air-dry, uncovered. Wash hands after applying this medication. Leave malathion on the hair and scalp for 8-12 hours. Then shampoo and rinse well, especially the back of the head and neck.
Run a fine-toothed comb (nit comb) through your wet hair to remove the dead lice and lice eggs. The infected person should be checked by another person for lice and nits. Please see the instructions in the product package for more details about nit removal. Consult your doctor if lice are still present after 7-9 days. Repeat treatment with this or other medication may be necessary.
This medication may cause a slight stinging feeling on the scalp. This is normal. However, if skin irritation occurs, wash the scalp and hair right away, allow the irritation to clear, and try using the medication again. If the irritation returns, consult your doctor.
This medication contains an ingredient that could easily catch fire (flammable). Avoid smoking, being around open flames (e.g., fireplaces, stoves, campfires), or electric heat sources such as heaters, hair dryers, and curlers/hair irons while using malathion.
Do not use malathion on newborns or infants.
Generic Name: ivermectin
Date of Approval: February 7, 2012
Company: Sanofi Pasteur Inc.
Treatment for: Head Lice
FDA Approves Sklice Lotion
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Sklice (ivermectin) lotion, 0.5% for the topical treatment of head lice, in patients 6 months of age and older. Effective and well-tolerated, Sklice Lotion treats lice in most patients with a single 10-minute application of the lotion, without nit combing.
Sklice Lotion contains a broad-spectrum antiparasitic agent, ivermectin, which was developed from a soil bacterium that produces a family of compounds (avermectins) shown to bind selectively and with high affinity to certain ion channels present in invertebrate nerve and muscle cells but not in mammals. The resulting increased permeability of the cell membrane causes paralysis and death in certain parasites.
Widespread oral use of ivermectin began in 1987 to control river blindness (onchocerciasis) in humans. More than one billion treatments of ivermectin tablets have been administered to help alleviate the suffering caused by river blindness and other parasitic conditions.
Sklice Lotion Patient Information
Important: For use on scalp hair and scalp only. Do not use ivermectin lotion in your eyes, mouth or vagina. Read the Patient Information that comes with Sklice Lotion. This leaflet does not take the place of talking to your healthcare provider about your medical condition or treatment.
What is Sklice Lotion?
Sklice Lotion is a prescription medicine for topical use on the hair and scalp only. It is used to treat head lice in people 6 months of age and older.
It is not known if it is safe and effective for children under 6 months of age.
Before using Sklice Lotion
Before using Sklice Lotion, tell your healthcare provider if you or your child:
- have any skin conditions or sensitivities,
- have any other medical conditions,
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if it can harm your unborn baby, and
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Sklice Lotion passes into your breast milk. Talk to your health care provider if you are breastfeeding.
How should I use Sklice Lotion?
- Use exactly as prescribed. Your healthcare provider will prescribe the treatment that is right for you. Do not change your treatment unless you talk to your healthcare provider.
- Use when your hair is dry.
- It is important to use enough lotion to completely coat all of your hair and scalp. Leave on your hair and scalp for a full 10 minutes.
- You need to completely cover all the scalp and hair with lotion. Make sure that you and anyone who helps you apply Sklice Lotion reads and understands this leaflet.
- Children will need an adult to apply Sklice Lotion for them.
- Do not swallow. If swallowed, call your healthcare provider or go to the nearest emergency room right away.
- Do not get the lotion into your eyes. If it gets in your eye, gently flush with water.
- Wash your hands after application.
When you complete your dose of Sklice Lotion, do not use again without talking to your healthcare provider first.
Sklice Lotion side effects
The most common side effects include:
- eye redness or soreness
- eye irritation
- dry skin
- burning sensation of the skin
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
How should I store Sklice Lotion?
- Store at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
- Do not freeze.
- Safely throw away any unused Sklice Lotion.
Keep all medicines out of reach of children.
What are the ingredients in Sklice Lotion?
Active ingredient: ivermectin
Inactive ingredients: water, olive oil, oleyl alcohol, Crodalan AWS, lanolin alcohol, cyclomethicone, shea butter, sodium citrate, sorbitan tristearate, methylparaben, propylparaben, and citric acid
General information about Sklice Lotion
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Patient Information leaflet. Do not use this lotion for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give it to other people, even if they have the same symptoms you have. It may harm them. This Patient Information leaflet summarizes the most important information about Sklice Lotion. If you would like more information, talk to your healthcare provider. You can also ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist for information about Sklice Lotion that is written for health professionals.
Instructions for Use
Before you use Sklice Lotion, it is important that you read the Patient Information and the Instructions for Use. Be sure that you read, understand, and follow the Instructions for Use so that you use Sklice Lotion the right way. Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you have questions about the right way to use Sklice Lotion.
- Your hair and scalp must be dry before application.
- Use the top of cap to break the tamper seal on the tube.
- Apply lotion directly to dry hair and scalp.
- Completely cover your scalp and hair closest to the scalp first, and then apply outwards towards the ends of your hair.
- Rub Sklice Lotion throughout your hair.
- It is important to completely cover your entire head so that all lice and eggs are exposed to the lotion. Be sure that each hair is coated from the scalp to the tip.
- Use up to 1 entire tube (4 oz) to completely cover hair and scalp.
- Allow it to stay on your hair and scalp for 10 minutes after it has been applied. Use a timer or clock. Start timing after you have completely covered your hair and scalp with the lotion.
- After 10 minutes, completely rinse the lotion from your hair and scalp using only water.
- You or anyone who helps you apply Sklice Lotion should wash their hands after application.
- Do not use again without talking to your healthcare provider first.
How do I stop the spread of lice?
To help prevent the spread of lice from one person to another, here are some steps you can take:
- Avoid direct head-to-head contact with anyone known to have live, crawling lice.
- Do not share combs, brushes, hats, scarves, bandannas, ribbons, barrettes, hair bands, towels, helmets, or other hair-related personal items with anyone else, whether they have lice or not.
- Avoid sleepovers and slumber parties during lice outbreaks. Lice can live in bedding, pillows, and carpets that have recently been used by someone with lice.
- After finishing treatment with lice medicine, check everyone in your family for lice after one week. Be sure to talk to your healthcare provider about treatments for those who have lice.
- Machine wash any bedding and clothing used by anyone having lice. Machine wash at high temperatures (150∞F) and tumble in a hot dryer for 20 minutes.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Resources for Health Professionals
How to treat pubic lice infestations: (Warning: See special instructions for treatment of lice and nits on eyebrows or eyelashes. The lice medications described in this section should not be used near the eyes.)
- Wash the infested area; towel dry.
- Carefully follow the instructions in the package or on the label. Thoroughly saturate the pubic hair and other infested areas with lice medication. Leave medication on hair for the time recommended in the instructions. After waiting the recommended time, remove the medication by following carefully the instructions on the label or in the box.
- Following treatment, most nits will still be attached to hair shafts. Nits may be removed with fingernails or by using a fine-toothed comb.
- Put on clean underwear and clothing after treatment.
- To kill any lice or nits remaining on clothing, towels, or bedding, machine-wash and machine-dry those items that the infested person used during the 2–3 days before treatment. Use hot water (at least 130°F) and the hot dryer cycle.
- Items that cannot be laundered can be dry-cleaned or stored in a sealed plastic bag for 2 weeks.
- All sex partners from within the previous month should be informed that they are at risk for infestation and should be treated.
- Persons should avoid sexual contact with their sex partner(s) until both they and their partners have been successfully treated and reevaluated to rule out persistent infestation.
- Repeat treatment in 9–10 days if live lice are still found.
- Persons with pubic lice should be evaluated for other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
Special instructions for treatment of lice and nits found on eyebrows or eyelashes:
- If only a few live lice and nits are present, it may be possible to remove these with fingernails or a nit comb.
- If additional treatment is needed for lice or nits on the eyelashes, careful application of ophthalmic-grade petrolatum ointment (only available by prescription) to the eyelid margins 2–4 times a day for 10 days is effective. Regular Vaseline* should not be used because it can irritate the eyes if applied.
The drug against lice D-95: description and instructions for use, approximate price and reviews
To eliminate parasitic individuals — lice from the scalp, experts recommend the use of the drug d95. It is an effective tool that allows not only to block the development of the number of lice and their complete removal from the hair, but also to give the hair a former beauty and shine. Proper implementation of instructions and precautions allows you to quickly get rid of parasites in the hair.
Head lice — small insects, parasitic inside the scalp. Can be placed in the groin area, as well as exist on clothing. In most cases, insects appear on the heads of children of younger preschool age, as well as primary school children. This is due to the fact that children are in close contact with each other. Features of treatment and prevention of pediculosis in children, you will find on our website.
Lice do not have the ability to fly or jump, but they are characterized by rapid movement. Therefore, it is enough just to sit next to an infected person, in order to then feel the itching and burning inside his own hair.
To eliminate head lice and their nits, developed effective remedy against parasites — drug d95. The drug is manufactured by the Twins Tech pharmacological company of Russian origin.
Substance d95 is not only an effective remedy for pediculosis, but also the safest, non-intoxicating skin. The drug can be used not only for adult patients, but also for children from 3 years of age.
The effect of the medicinal substance is completely aimed at removing the lice from the scalp. Besides, means positively affects the general condition of the hair:
- gives lost shine, shine and softness to hair,
- forms a hydrophobic film,
- softens the skin of the head,
- relieves irritation and burning and itching
- copes with the problem of combing and dry, and wet hair.
Important! The drug d95 is an effective tool that is completely safe for different categories of patients. The main thing is that there should be no side effects to apply the required dosage depending on the length of the hair.
Instructions for use
Means d95 contains limonene, various compounds of demiticones of excellent viscosity index, as well as capric-triglyceride and cyclopentasiloxane.
The drug is packaged in a transparent dense plastic bag in a volume of 10 ml. There are 3 such packs in a pack. This amount is sufficient to eliminate pests from the first use.
In appearance, the medicinal substance is a transparent, slightly yellowish consistency. If the hair is short, it is recommended to use only 1 bag.
For a smart long hair one should use all three packages, and two packages with a volume of 20 ml will be enough for medium-sized strands.
Before use, it is recommended to carefully read the instructions and read the rules of application. According to the recommendations, the following actions should be carried out to destroy the parasites that were occupied:
- Before starting work, you should comb your hair well, so that they are properly styled and smooth.
- The substance requires to be applied on dry hair. The consistency is poured on top. From the center of the head along the growth of hair, the essence is spread with the help of a comb. If the hair is long, the tool is distributed slowly, alternately stretching along the entire length of the strand.
- It is especially important to pay due attention to the root part, thoroughly moistening the surface. It is in this place that the parasitic individuals are most localized.
- Leave the product for 45 minutes on the hairline without change.
- After the expiration of a specified period of time, the hair is carefully combed. At the time of this combing, elimination of the dead lice and detachment of their eggs occurs.
- The next stage of cleaning hair from pests — you should wash your hair well under warm water with warm water using your own shampoo.
Important! If the hair is long and was heavily infected with lice and a large number of eggs, then the procedure for eliminating parasites is recommended to be carried out again after 7–10 days.
Even if there are no visible signs and symptoms of the presence of lice and nits, need to re-impact necessarily. The remaining individuals are able to re-resume the entire pest population.
In order not to harm yourself, it is recommended during exposure to the scalp adhere to the following safety measures:
- use the drug for external use only,
- You should not experiment and carry out the removal of parasites on the hairline of babies under 3 years of age, as well as on women who are carrying a child or nursing moms. On our site you will find safer ways of dealing with lice and nits during pregnancy,
- should strictly follow all the instructions prescribed in the instructions
- the medicine is not allowed for independent children’s use,
- if the need arises it is necessary to repeat the course of application at least 7 days later,
- if a child up to 3 years old has had lice, then before use you should consult with a pediatrician,
- in case of a sudden occurrence of any negative consequences, immediately flush the drug with a large amount of water from the hair, do not hesitate to visit the doctor,
- in the presence of skin diseases or mechanical damage to the hands or head, the use is not recommended,
- when wearing contact lenses for a clear view, you should remove them before starting to neutralize lice,
- watch carefully during exposure to the hair and scalp so that the medicine does not fall on the mucous membrane of the eyes and mouth.
After the whole process of exposure to parasitic individuals and their eggs, you need to wash your face and hands well with soap.
Before use, it is necessary to read the instructions well and become familiar not only with the rules of application, but also to identify possible contraindications.
Do not use the drug for pregnant women, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy, as well as in the last weeks of gestation. Although the drug d95 is not toxic, the female body during the formation of a new life may react differently.
It is not recommended to conduct experiments with small children. You can completely eliminate lice in children under 3 years old with the help of d95. If the problem manifests itself in younger patients, you should additionally consult with your doctor. May need to reduce dosage.
Caution! It is forbidden to treat patients who develop allergic reactions to one of the components of the active ingredient or to all ingredients. In this case, it is better to choose analogs that will not have substances that negatively appear on the skin.
In most cases, side effects with the correct dosage is not detected. If you do not adhere to this requirement, then there is the likelihood of an allergic reaction in the form of redness on the scalp. And also there is the possibility of a rash in places of interaction of the substance with the skin.
In the case of the correct application, the likelihood of side effects is equal to zero. This is probably due to the fact that the medicinal drug d95 is hypoallergic.
The drug in pharmacies in Russia is sold at a cost not exceeding 150 r. In the regions, pricing policy can set a different price.
But in most cities the price varies from 100 to 150 p. Due to the fact that the medicine is contained in the package in the amount of 3 pieces. bags, the course of application for individual people may vary.
So, if a person infected with lice has long hair, the patient will have to use all 3 sachets from 1 package at a time. For a complete treatment, you should repeat the procedure at least 2, and in some cases, 3 times. Therefore, the cost per course of treatment will be on average 300-450 p.
If a patient has a short head of hair, only 1 sachet will be sufficient for use. Re-use should be carried out in an identical volume. Therefore, human costs in this case will not exceed 150 p. for the entire course of therapy against lice.
Advantages and disadvantages
Many people who have experienced lice problems, emita number of advantages after use:
- there is no specific unpleasant odor when applied to the hair,
- eliminates both adults and eggs attached to hair threads in one application. The drug has the property to break down the adhesive base, with which nits are firmly attached to the hair.
- has no toxic effects on humans, so its use is completely safe,
- can be used to treat children and patients suffering from frequent allergies. This possibility is due to the fact that the drug is completely hypoallergic,
- complete with medicine contains a special comb for combing.
In addition, the tool is sold at an affordable cost, which allows it to acquire different segments of the population.
Disadvantages drug is the inability to use for small children up to 3 years of age. It is this age period that is often found to be infected by various parasites.
Thus, the drug d95 is an effective tool that can neutralize both adult lice and their nits in one application. The main thing is to correctly calculate the dosage and therapy. If any negative effects occur, you should quickly stop exposure and consult a doctor.
Alternative methods and remedies for lice and nits:
How to save a child from lice.
Lice and scab — School Doctor Komarovsky.
Want to get rid of pediculosis at once? There is an exit!
Some will say: it is impossible to remove lice at a time, others will argue that modern pharmacy drugs are simply pumping out money and nothing more. Do you think so too? In vain!
And I will tell you that it is completely realistic to remove all the symptoms and the cause of lice at once and for all!
To do this, I recommend that you use the drug described in the article, namely D 95 for lice.
What kind of tool is it, how should it be used and who will it suit? You will find all the answers below. Read carefully and try on health!
What means, what are its advantages?
D 95 — pediculicidal solution from the Russian company «Tvins Tek», designed to combat head parasites provocateurs of lice and nits (nits are the eggs of the aforementioned parasites). Domestic medicine is absolutely harmless to humans, as part of his presence:
- Dimethicone different viscosity,
There are no supertoxic insecticides in the composition, which means that the product is ideal for treating children from 3 years of age and hypersensitive people, which is important.
The medicine is produced in the form of a transparent emulsion, which is poured into packages of 10 ml each (three bags in a standard package).
For one-time use, one sachet of the product is enough, the rest of the contents of the package can be stored at home, which is very convenient.
Sometimes D 95 is prescribed even during pregnancy, but only if the benefit is more important than the possible risk.
To remove lice once and for all, the manufacturer of the drug recommends using one bag for short hair, two for medium-length hair, three for long hair.
The drug has advantages for which doctors and patients appreciate it:
- high efficiency — destroys not only lice, but also nits, and the first time,
- safety — the product does not contain harmful toxins and pesticides,
- no sharp aroma — even asthmatics can use this drug without problems,
- minimal likelihood of side effects — appear only when there is an individual intolerance to the drug, which is extremely rare,
- easy way to use
- reasonable price — 150-200 rubles.
And now we will proceed to the instructions for use and find out exactly how to use the emulsion D 95 against lice.
- First you need to dissolve and carefully comb the dry strands of hair with an ordinary comb. During the combing process it is not allowed to apply balms, aerosols and other cosmetics. Hair must be completely clean.
- Then you should apply the emulsion on the entire length of the hair and scalp. Especially generously apply the tool to the root zone, since it is there that the eggs of the parasites are located. If the hair is too thick, then process it by individual strands and do not save the medicine.
- The drug is aged on the hair for 45 minutes, and after that you can wash it off and only then comb the hair with a special comb, or first comb the hair with a comb from adult parasites and nits, and then rinse them thoroughly with water and shampoo. By the way, in the modern form of release the comb comes with emulsion, which is very convenient.
- A week after treatment, you need to carefully examine the hair to identify the recurrence of the disease, if it is. After such treatment, relapses rarely occur, but still some happen, especially if the infection was too severe or the treatment was carried out not according to the instructions.
Now you know how to use highly effective D 95 against lice. In order to maximally protect the treatment of the pediculosis with the above-described remedy, it is necessary to observe the precautions during the work with the preparation, namely those listed below.
- using the above remedy for pediculosis, make sure that it does not fall into the mouth, eyes or other mucous membranes (the drug is intended for external use only),
- Do not treat young children under the age of three, as well as children with hypersensitive skin (if the child has allergies, then use the product with extreme caution),
- do not use the drug also for pregnant and lactating women without first consulting with a doctor (doctors prescribe D 95 to such people, but only if the benefits are more important than risk, as already mentioned above in the article),
- before the procedure, be sure to remove contact lenses (if the drug penetrates into the eyes, it will be easier to wash them),
- try not to apply the emulsion on the wounds, especially on fresh and open (the scalp can be scratched and abrasions with pediculosis, it is not recommended to apply the medicine on such wounds).
Side effects in the form of an allergic reaction are extremely rare and only in people with individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
To test yourself for intolerance, you need to put a drop of money on the skin in the area behind the ear or on the elbow bend and wait ten minutes if there is an allergy, then its symptoms will occur immediately (itching, burning, redness, swelling).
Judging by the reviews, the drug is easily tolerated by children and really eliminates lice from the first time. Many praise him for his lack of flavor, others for his ease of use.
If you have already tested it, then be sure to leave your review on this site, describe your feelings and share your opinion.
Subscribe to updates of the information portal in order not to miss the latest interesting information, as well as share readings in social networks with friends, if you wish. Good luck to you! See you again!
Author of the article: Elena Smirnova (dermatologist)
How it helps
D 95 helps to fight not only with adults, but also with nits, preventing them from even starting their lives. The drug is similar to liquid silicone. It covers the entire head with a certain film, preventing lice and nits from receiving moisture from the whole body, which is important for them to maintain life and prosperous reproduction.
Also, there are 14 tubules on the body of the lice, through which the lice breathe, but the drug penetrates directly into them, pushing the available air out, as well as blocking the intake of air, therefore the adult individual dies 5 minutes after applying the drug.
Indications and Contraindications
The tool is intended to get rid of pediculosis from a person’s hair.
- Children under 3 years.
- Lactation period.
- Hypersensitivity to components from the composition.
- People with diseases of the skin of the head and body.
- People who are allergic to sharp odors.
Also it is not recommended to apply to people who wear contact lenses, they should be removed before use.
Features of the drug
Solution D 95 is a pediculicide prepared by the Russian company Twins Tack. The drug is designed to combat head lice and their eggs (nits). It consists of a mixture of dimeticons of various viscosity levels, as well as limonene, cyclopentasilox and capric-triglycerides. Pharmacologists recommend this suspension for the treatment of pediculosis in adults and children over three years of age.
D 95 lice cleaner has the form of a transparent oily emulsion, which is dosed into 10 ml sachets. In each pack of 3 pieces, which is enough for a single use. To get rid of lice on short hair, the manufacturer recommends using 1 package of the product, for medium-length hair, 2 sachets, and accordingly 3 sachets for long hair.
Many consumers who evaluate the effectiveness of the drug, leave positive feedback about D 95 from lice. After all, the emulsion has several advantages:
- A high level of efficiency is the main advantage of the tool. The drug D 95 is destructive not only for lice, it also has an effective result in relation to nits. It breaks down the adhesive substance, thanks to which the eggs are attached to the hair, which greatly facilitates the process of combing nits. Therefore, in most cases there is no need for re-processing.
- Safety is an equally important factor to pay attention to when choosing a pediculitis drug. Suspension D 95 does not contain harmful toxins and pesticides, as a result of which it can be used to treat children. The basis of the emulsion is liquid silicones, blocking the respiratory tract of parasites, resulting in the suffocation of insects.
- No sharp peculiar smell.
- In the product there are practically no side effects, it does not cause allergies.
- A simple way to use.
- Affordable cost — the price of D 95 for lice varies in the range of 100-150 rubles, depending on the region.
Rules of application
Before use, you must carefully read the description of the solution and manufacturer’s recommendations. Instructions for use D 95 for lice are in each package of an anti-pediculosic solution.
- Before processing the hair should be carefully combed.
- Means is applied on dry hair with a uniform layer throughout their length. Particular attention should be paid to the root zone, it is important to achieve its full moisture. Thick and long hair is treated by strands. For convenience, you can use a special comb with fine teeth, which is also included in the kit.
Fudge modern «inventors»
In the fight against the disease, people are sometimes generous with fiction. There are innovators that use the Charm hairspray.
The head, strand by strand, is abundantly sprayed with varnish, spraying a whole can of spray. Next, put a plastic bag on his head and wrap a thick towel, leaving overnight. In the morning, the hair is thoroughly washed out with thick foam detergent. And vychesyvayut surviving parasites.
For better combing Nit Free mousse is used, which dissolves the adhesive substance that secures the nits to the hair.
A pharmacist of any pharmacy salon will offer you for every taste means, the action of which is aimed at the destruction of parasites.
However, a good half of them are capable of fighting adults, but is powerless against nits.
The other, on the contrary, destroys nits. Which drugs to choose?
The vapor plus tool requires several uses.
Mode of application
The remedy for lice D 95 is a clear oily liquid packaged in 10 ml sachets. One bag is enough for one application for short hair. For medium-length hair, you will need two sachets, and for long hair — three.
Instructions for use D 95 for lice detail the procedure for action:
- Spread the contents of one packet evenly on dry hair with a comb,
- leave the drug for 45 minutes,
- comb out the nits and dead parasites with a comb or a comb with frequent teeth,
- wash your hair with shampoo under running warm water
- repeat the procedure twice every 7 days.
The use of the drug D-95
The advantage of this tool is the absence of side effects and allergic reactions. Compared with other means of lice, D 95 has a direct effect on the nits, peeling it off from the hair, after which it is easier to comb out from the head.
Despite the apparent lack of lice and nits after the first use of the headache remedy, it is recommended to repeat the procedure to fix the result.
During the application of the liquid on the scalp, avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, and damaged skin. In case of contact, immediately rinse with running water. After finishing applying D 95, hands should be washed with soap and water.
Due to the absence of unpleasant odor and burning after applying the liquid to the scalp, the child can sit quietly during use. Already after the first day of use, all mobile parasites will be destroyed and itching from lice bites will stop. But to give the child to kindergarten or school is not recommended. After the treatment is repeated, the child can return to the company of his peers.
Reviews about D 95 from lice
Means from pediculosis D-95
Last month, she brought out lice from a child with the help of a modern drug D 95. He was recommended to me at the pharmacy. It is inexpensive, about 200 rubles per pack, which was enough for me for the full course of treatment. Acted according to the description of the procedure and instructions. After the first application, all lice and nits were destroyed. But I still repeated this process in a week. I recommend this tool to everyone!
Recently I faced a serious problem — my son became infected with pediculosis at school. I heard that it is very hard to get rid of nits. According to reviews on the Internet, I found D 95, I decided to try it, and in addition I acquired a comb for lice. After using the drug, she combed out all the parasites, but noticed several nits on her hair. Repeated treatment after 7 days. Now his son’s head is clean, there are no parasites.
Good day! I want to share my experience getting rid of pediculosis. I worked in a children’s camp as an educator and accidentally contracted pediculosis. Since I am allergic, I was scared of possible reactions after using toxic or strongly smelling lice drugs. From a friend I heard about the remedy D 95. I did not find another alternative, so I decided to try. Spent 2 sachets of liquid at a time. Immediately after treatment, I managed to completely get rid of lice. But a week later I decided to repeat the process. Now I know that pediculosis can be eliminated quickly and without risk.
Hello! In the summer I worked as a counselor in a children’s camp. One of the children in my squad found lice. All children immediately began to inspect the presence of parasites. I was afraid that I could get infected too. Although I had no signs of pediculosis, I decided to play it safe and get treatment. According to reviews on the Internet I found the drug D 95. I bought it at the nearest pharmacy for 190 rubles. According to the instructions performed everything that was required of me. A week later, repeated. Insects never found during combing, but I was calmer. Prevention of lice never hurts.
Lice are very fertile insects that multiply extremely quickly. Therefore, the fight against them should begin immediately after their identification. Many parents are afraid to use medications, being careful that they may contain hazardous chemicals.
But it should be remembered that attempts to simply comb the insects or get rid of them with vegetable oil or other gentle folk remedies in most cases only aggravate the situation. More aggressive drugs can cause serious harm to the body, especially children.
It is strictly forbidden to use gasoline, kerosene, Dichlorvos and other substances that are extremely toxic and dangerous to the health and life of a child for the treatment of illness in children.
The most effective and safe are special drugs for pediculosis. Such a drug against lice, such as D 95, has proven itself well. The manufacturer is the Russian company Twins Teck. This anti-pediculosis drug is designed to combat both adults and their eggs (nits).
The drug D 95 for lice does not contain insecticides. The destruction of parasites is not a chemical, but a physical method. The likelihood of developing resistance to this drug is zero, which is not the case with conventional insecticides against lice.
Its distinguishing feature is that the main component of the product is dimethicone, which is safe even for children. Therefore, the drug can be safely used for kids older than 3 years. Dimethicone does not cause allergies, but on the contrary, it is often included in therapeutic shampoos for sensitive scalp.
The mechanism of action of the drug is based on the properties of liquid silicone. When applied to the hair and scalp, it creates a waterproof film that does not let moisture through. In addition, D 95 contributes to the destruction of the protective coating of insects. This contributes to the fact that the parasites are completely enveloped in a cocoon of silicone. Due to this effect, lice dehydrate because they cannot absorb water.
Breathing of head lice occurs in a passive way, that is, with the whole body. On the body of an adult individual 14 respiratory tubules are located. D 95 lice cleaner quickly penetrates and clogs the breathing tubes of lice with silicone, displacing the air. This leads to the fact that the respiratory system of the parasites is sealed. They suffocate and die within 5 minutes, and the nits never reach the maturation phase.
As a result of the research, in the fight against insect eggs, the remedy D 95 showed 100% effectiveness, and in relation to adults, this figure was 97%.
Advantages and method of use
The anti-pediculosis drug D 95 is a clear emulsion with an oily consistency. The package contains 3 sachets with a volume of 10 ml. To get rid of parasites on short hair, 1 sachet is enough; for medium length, it is recommended to use 2 sachets, and in order to solve the problem of lice on long hair, you will need to apply all 3 sachets.
The drug D 95 has a number of advantages over other means of combating lice:
- will help to get rid not only of adult parasites, but also effective against their eggs. This was made possible due to the fact that the drug is able to break down an adhesive substance that helps nits attached to the hair. Therefore, there is no need for re-processing,
- Suspension D 95 is absolutely safe for human health. It does not contain toxic substances and insecticides,
- the drug is safe for the treatment of children
- there is no sharp odor,
- when using the suspension is not observed side effects
- the drug can be used by people who are prone to frequent allergic reactions, because the drug D 95 is hypoallergenic,
- the drug is easy to use
- Each set contains a special comb with fine teeth for combing hair,
- reasonable price of the drug, since its cost is only about 150 rubles.
An additional advantage of the drug D 95 is that it has a beneficial effect on human hair, acting as a good conditioner:
- returns shine, radiance and softness
- forms a hydrophobic film,
- relieves irritation and itching, softens the scalp,
- eliminates the problems with combing both wet and dry hair.
Before applying the suspension, you should study the rules of its application. The instruction to the medicinal product is in the package and involves the following actions:
- First of all, you need to comb your hair.
- Suspension is applied on dry hair. It must be evenly distributed from the roots to the ends of the hair. The most carefully treated area near the roots. If the hair is long, then the tool should be applied alternately on the strands.
- The time of use of the drug is 45 minutes. After this period, you should begin to comb your hair, thus getting rid of dead insects.
- Then the hair should be thoroughly washed using running water and shampoo.
- With a high degree of infection, the procedure should be repeated after 1 week.
Most of the insecticidal drugs produced on the basis of elements of neurotoxic action. Among them are quite productive Couple Plus, Paranit, Nittifor, Nyuda, Knicks, etc.
However, their disadvantage is that they are effective at the stage of finding adults, who have not yet had time to lay eggs. After 7-10 days of the procedure should be repeated. More than three procedures with the use of these drugs are not recommended. Above the norm, the use is unacceptable due to the high level of toxicity of agents
One of the main points by which we are guided when making a choice in the acquisition of effective drugs, are reviews.
According to reviews, the best cure for lice and nits is D-95.
This drug comes in the form of a clear, colorless liquid, dosed in 10 ml sachets.
The tool is approved by pharmacologists for use in pediculosis in adults and children who are older than 3 years.
Step-by-step application of D-95
Means easy to use
The drug is very easy to use, because it is produced in metered bags in the amount of 3 pieces, designed for one-time use. Available set out instructions. To carry out the procedure it is necessary:
- distribute the contents of one sachet (10 ml) over the entire length of dry, carefully combed hair,
- leave the agent for 45 minutes
- after this time, carefully comb the hair with a thick comb,
- rinse hair with running water using shampoo
- repeat the procedure twice after 7-10 days.
For very long hair, it may take three sachets of the product.
Advantages of D-95 company Twins Tech
The remedy is also effective against nits.
An effective tool that destroys louse and nits is the most important advantage of this tool.
According to numerous reviews, this is the most effective means of coping well with the disease after the first procedure.
This is a good tool to use for the treatment of diseases in children, because it does not contain toxins and pesticides. It is made on the basis of Dimethicone, which is a liquid silicone. This substance blocks the function of the respiratory tract, clogging them. And the parasites die from choking.
A drug based on this substance is much safer than one that contains pesticides. D-95 has almost no side effects, does not cause allergic reactions.
It has an effective effect on the adhesive substance, due to which the nit is attached to the hair.
The child does not experience any unpleasant sensations: burning, sharp odors.
The preparation corresponds to the declared qualities of the manufacturer.
Twins Tech Company specializes in contract manufacturing. This service involves the manufacture of products to order with strict adherence to technologies and requirements at third-party enterprises. According to customer requirements, the composition of the product is developed.
All products of this company are certified and put into mass production.
In addition to pharmacy stores, this tool can be purchased at 911 online pharmacy. The price will vary between 500-600 rubles. (for packing 110-180 rubles.).