APHIDS: PEA, CHERRY, CABBAGE, GREEN, CEREAL, MELON, BLACK, FLYING, COCHINEAL, GALL, BEET AND OTHER SPECIES OF THIS INSECT, AS WELL AS PHOTOS — CROP PRODUCTION
18 types of aphids: pea, cherry, cabbage and others. Effective methods of pest control
- 1 18 types of aphids: pea, cherry, cabbage and others. Effective methods of pest control
- 2 About insect
- 3 Species and their photos
- 4 How to protect cucumbers from aphids, methods of dealing with garden pests
- 5 Aphid: description of the pest
- 6 What is dangerous for aphids cucumbers
- 7 Preventive measures, how to protect cucumbers from aphids
- 8 How to deal with aphids on cucumbers
- 9 Helpers in the garden: what insects will help get rid of aphids on cucumbers
- 10 How to combat aphids on currants – effective methods against the pest
- 11 What to do, if there aphid
- 12 Traditional methods
- 13 Professional
- 14 Biological and mechanical methods
- 15 Preventive measures and recommendations
Often gardeners, gardeners and just lovers of indoor plants face various problems.
The cause of some of them is pest aphid. What is this insect and what it is, you will learn in our article.
In the article we will consider the main types of aphids, show photos, analyze their differences between themselves.
Aphids — insects the size of a few millimeters. Special proboscis they pierce the leaves and shoots of plants, causing them harm. There are wingless and winged species. The first provide reproduction, and the second — distributors.
They appear in spring from the larvae that hatch from the egg. She feeds on the sap of a young plant and starts breeding white-winged females.
Species and their photos
It harms only agricultural crops — cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelons, etc. The color varies from yellow to different shades of green. Body oval up to 1.2 — 2 mm. Sucks the sap from the plant, making them weak and vulnerable. Foliage spoils, fruits become smaller, their taste deteriorates.
To control the need to remove the weeds from the site, treat the plants with an insecticide solution.
The body is greenish and red tinged and 2.5 — 3.2 mm long. It has cylindrical, long and black juice tubes. Eggs are shiny, black, oblong.
Sharply their numbers increase during the earing-flowering period. Cereal leaves fade and die. The plant infected before the earing does not form an ear, if later, it will be short, the number of grains in the ear will decrease.
To combat the complex use of biological, agrochemical and agrotechnical plant protection products.
It hurts cherries and cherries. The length of the body is 2.4 mm and has a wide pear shape, shiny black on top and brown on the bottom. The tubules are black, cylindrical. Eggs are shiny and black. Suck the juice from the underside of the leaves. His growth stops, he shrinks. Damaged shoots do not grow, the leaves turn black and fall away.
Methods of struggle:
- cutting and destruction of areas where aphids develop and often hibernate;
- clearing the tree of dead bark;
- early spraying with mineral oil preparations;
- insecticide treatment.
Pest of currant red and white currant. Insect ovoid, body 2 — 2.3 mm. The body is transparent pale, greenish-yellow hue. There are small hairs. Sucks plant sap, depletes shoots. Lives on the branches until they are completely withered. Attracts other insects (ants), which also feed on the sap of the plant’s berries and contribute to its distribution. The carrier of pathogens of viral infections of plants.
For prophylaxis — sprayed with a solution of nitrafen, destroy weeds.
To combat — use a mechanical method (removal of shoots in pests) and a biochemical method (insecticide spraying).
More information about the fight against aphids on currants can be found in this material.
Pest of pea, alfalfa, sainfoin. Body length 4 — 6 mm. Eggs are black, shiny and elongated. Color from green to brownish red. They have long antennae and thin green tubes one third of the body. It is a carrier of viruses. Reduces yield.
For treatment — spraying with neonicotinoids, pyrethroids, organophosphorus compounds.
Dangerous for fruit, berry and some forest plants (apple, pear, quince, hawthorn, mountain ash, loquat, cotoneaster). Wingless insect is yellowish-green or brownish-yellow. Body length 1.6 mm. The tubules and tail are black. Antennae consist of six segments.
In the fight used:
- cutting infected areas;
- spraying crowns and booms with insecticides and biological pesticides.
Prefers barley, oats, winter and spring wheat, millet, rice, sorghum. Eggs are light green, later black and shiny. Size 0.6 mm, oval. Wingless females, males vice versa. Length up to 2.2 mm. Long antennae. In the female, the spindle-shaped body, in the male, is thin, slightly curved.
It feeds on the elevated parts of the plant. Severe infection leads to the death of the plant. Degrades grain quality, reduces yields.
Use spraying pyrethroids, organophosphates, neonicotinoids and other insecticides.
Damages radish, canola, cabbage. Enters the plant enzymes, suck the juice. It reduces the amount of chlorophyll, sugar and vitamins. The leaves turn yellow and dry, development stops, seeds do not form on the mother plants.
In order to avoid infection, weeds are removed in a timely manner, autumn plowing of fields is carried out. Infected plants are sprayed with insecticides.
Eggs are oval-shaped and black. Color yellow and green shades. The body is covered with fine hairs and wax coating. Pear shaped body up to 2.6 mm. The legs and antennae are dark brown in color. Eyes red or black. It feeds on the underground parts of the plant, the fibrous and thin lateral roots. Damage will lead to drying of the fruit, leaves and the whole plant.
Fight harvesting root crops and plant residues, plowing the ground, adding wood ash to the wells when planting. Treat infected roots with biological products..
Females stick to the plant and suck the juice out of it. Never moves. It lives on the roots of grasses and herbaceous plants. Used by man to obtain carmine dye due to coloring matter.
It affects apple and other fruit. Body length not more than 1.1 mm. Form ovoid, slightly pubescent. The color is bright orange. Proboscis no. Black eyes. Paws and antennae white. It settles on young shoots at the base of the kidneys, on the stalks of leaves, on the stalks.
As a result, knotty seals form on the plant, which later crack, leaving deep ulcers into which putrefactive bacteria get and the plant dies.
It is necessary to loosen the soil and carefully choose a place for planting.
Treatment — spraying crowns and boles and the soil under the trees pyrethroids, organophosphates, neonicotinoids, mineral oils, insecticides based on nicotine.
Body length not more than 2.4 mm, round shape, lemon yellow color. In winged individuals, the head and chest are gray-brown. Harm red, white and black currants, as well as apple. Causes changes in tissues. From this red blooms appear, the plant produces poor fruit, the leaves fall off and the plant can die.
Prevention — the destruction of weeds and ants, trapping belts in trees, clearing tree trunks from dry bark, the attraction of ladybirds and gold-eyed. The infected plant is treated with insecticides.
It is a carrier of maize mosaic virus. Inhabits winter and spring crops in the axils of the upper leaves. It has an elongated, oval, pollinated body of gray-green color. Legs, antennae and head in black, short tubes.
- remove infected areas;
- process chemicals;
- attract beneficial insects, such as ladybugs, to fight the pest (more about ladybirds and how to attract them can be found here).
Harmful to vegetable, green, flower-decorative and fruit crops.. It feeds on the sap of the plant, sucks the life force out of it The plant dies. Body length 2 -2.5 mm. Yellow green, light green and pinkish color. The eyes are brown-red. The tubules are cylindrical and widened at the base. Finger-shaped tail, yellow.
For the fight using beneficial insects and yellow glue traps.
Harm beet crops. Sears and destroys leaf tissue. Food places turn brown and dry up. Damaged leaves are covered with a sticky coating, which leads to the development of mold. Mosaic Virus and Jaundice Virus. Body up to 2 mm. Dark green or black. It has short antennae. Legs are lighter in color.
Urgent treatment with insecticides and removal of damaged areas of the plant is necessary.
Damages cucumbers and tomatoes. Insect up to 5 mm long. Color — blue, brown, green, black. The stem and leaves are covered with black dots. The leaves turn yellow and deform, brown spots appear.
There are such methods of struggle:
- biological (removal of infected parts, planning holes for planting, attracting beneficial insects);
- biological treatment;
- chemical treatment.
It feeds on fruit trees, bulbous flowers. Body wide oval 2-3 mm. Color from dark gray to olive green. Covered with a powdery coating.
Get rid of garden aphids:
- mechanically — to collect hands or knock off a stream of water;
- using beneficial insects;
- carried out prevention.
It is a form of adult insects, namely females. Does it fly or not? She is able to fly from one plant to another and lay eggs on them. Thus infecting more and more plants.
It is best to carry out preventive measures to prevent contamination of plants. And if the plant is already infected, then treat it in its early stages.
- How to get rid of aphids on orchids at home?
- How to get rid of aphids on pepper?
- What to do if aphid started up on roses?
- How is the struggle with aphids on fruit trees?
- Fighting green apple lice and its other species.
- How to deal with pest on cucumbers?
- How to deal with aphids on indoor plants and win?
- How to deal with white aphids on indoor and garden plants?
- How to get rid of aphids in the garden?
Aphids are the most common insect pest that gardeners encounter.. As a result of the work, the three plants perish. Therefore, be attentive to your green pets, pay more attention to them, inspect for the presence of pests and carry out preventive measures. Then you will not face the problem of the appearance of aphids.
How to protect cucumbers from aphids, methods of dealing with garden pests
Undoubtedly, aphid is considered one of the most harmful and common pests. Many of its species can be found in the open garden and garden plots. Especially aphids like planting cucumbers and melons. Often there is aphid on cucumbers in the greenhouse, despite the measures of protection. In order to get rid of insects, you need to know how to destroy aphids without harm to plants.
Aphid: description of the pest
Aphids belong to the order of even-winged and has more than 35,000 species. Insects live in huge colonies and feed on the sap of all soda crops and houseplants. They carry viruses and diseases, which can lead to a massive destruction of cultivated plants and their death.
Did you know? Aphids are very afraid of frosts and winters on various wild and weedy plants, under the rosettes of basal leaves of winter weeds, as well as in greenhouses.
What is dangerous for aphids cucumbers
Aphids are located on the underside of leaves, stems and flower buds. Known to aphid as a pest of cucumber seedlings, who lives on the tops of young shoots. The insect feeds on plant sap that contains amino acids and carbohydrates. All this leads to depletion of the plant and its death. Therefore, if you notice that cucumber leaves began to curl and turn yellow, the plant slowed down in growth, carefully examine it for the presence of aphids.
Preventive measures, how to protect cucumbers from aphids
Protection of cucumbers from aphids should be carried out throughout the summer, as the insect moves easily from one site to another. To combat aphids was effective, preventive measures should be taken:
- timely remove fallen leaves and plant debris on the plots in order to prevent the possibility of wintering;
- spray planting cucumbers with infusions of plants that the aphids do not like — celandine, wormwood, onions, tops of tomatoes and potatoes;
- for prevention, you can use the infusion of wood ash with the addition of liquid soap.
You should also inspect the young shoots, leaves and flowers of plants for the presence of pests. This will help start the fight in the early stages of the appearance of harmful insects.
How to deal with aphids on cucumbers
One of the most important issues for gardeners and gardeners is how to destroy aphids.
What means to use: folk remedies for aphids, mechanical or chemical?
The mechanical method is cleaning aphids on cucumbers manually or with water. This method will help in a small area and for a short period of time, as the remaining aphid will quickly spread with a new force.
Important! If you decide to fight with aphids mechanically, make sure that it is not in the neighboring areas, from which it can easily fly to the vacated space.
How to deal with aphids by chemical methods
Many gardeners choose a chemical agent for aphids on cucumbers:
- the use of complexes like «Aktofit» or «Bitoxibacillin»;
- insecticide treatment: «Confidor», «Aktara»;
- use chemical solutions «Aktellik», «Karate», «Fury», etc. They are adsorbed by the root system and introduced by drip irrigation.
Important! Many gardeners are wondering if spread aphid in the greenhouse, how to get rid of it? When the defeat of aphids is not large-scale, it is best to apply a solution of soap (on 2 cups of water — 2 teaspoons of grated soap). If the plants are severely affected — you should use chemicals for the treatment of aphids.
Aphids on cucumbers: how to fight folk remedies
Folk remedies for aphids will help with a slight spread:
- infusion of tobacco and soap;
- phyto-infusions (celandine, wormwood, etc.);
- leaves infused in water;
- garlic infusion (garlic head, liquid soap and vegetable oil).
Important! When processing solutions should be sprayed plants carefully and always under the leaves, as folk remedies have only a local effect, unlike chemical ones.
Folk remedies can help with a small defeat of plants in small areas. If you use infusions based on soap or plants, carry out a thorough treatment several times in a row, before the complete destruction of the pest.
Helpers in the garden: what insects will help get rid of aphids on cucumbers
Ladybug is a predator insect that eats aphids. If you can bring them to your site, they will help you get rid of the annoying pest. Ladybugs are very fond of dill and leaf mustard. So you should take care that these plants are on your site. You can also collect cows in the field and bring in the garden.
To effectively deal with aphids on cucumbers It is worth applying an integrated approach. You can use both chemicals and the fight against aphids by folk methods, which will help get rid of the pest as soon as possible. Also do not forget about preventive measures.
How to combat aphids on currants – effective methods against the pest
Most often, aphid attacks bushes of black and red currants, thereby reducing hopes for a good harvest of summer residents. There are lots of methods, how to deal with aphids on currants using folk, biological, chemical products processing.
Which method to combat aphids on currants choose, and that really helps to get rid of harmful insects?
What to do, if there aphid
Pest starts to lay larvae in the fall, and in the spring to plant appear brown, green, black insects begin to actively proliferate, feeding on young shrubs juice.
There are lots of methods, how to deal with aphids on currants using folk, biological, chemical products processing
- On pieces of paper appear reddish bumps (as manifested in the currant gall aphid);
- On the branches of many ants;
- On the plant visible small whitish fragments — a leather pieces, discharged aphids;
- The plant is covered with liquid lipkovatoy (honeydew), produced by aphids. It is this fluid and attracts ants;
- leaf curl, wither, distorted, do not have time to open buds, the fruits do not ripen.
note! Gallic aphids on the red currants, not only inhibits the growth of plants, but also weakens its, making it vulnerable to bacteria, viruses and fungi.
One of the major signs of the emergence of aphids on currants are hordes of ants, running around the bush. Contrary to popular belief, they do not fight with aphids, but, in front of, contribute to its dispersal. Ants love to feast on dew, which produces the aphid. And to the insect produces more sugary substance, ants carry it to other plants.
Therefore, in the first place, you need to get rid of ants — find the anthill, which is necessarily located somewhere near the currant and destroy it.
Peak insect activity falls in June, and during the summer is born several generations of aphids. When Russell colony no longer enough food on one bush, there are varieties of winged aphids, which begin to fly to neighboring plants. Therefore to begin to deal with insects is necessary already in the early spring.
When the aphids you must first decide on a method for controlling pests.
If you choose traditional methods against aphids on currants, then you need to be patient, as it requires repeated application, but it will be cost-effective and environmentally safe.
Chemicals can help get rid of aphids for some time and permanently protect the plant from re-invasion. But such funds are not safe, although, if you strictly follow the instructions, they will not harm the plant and the fruits of the future.
For the prevention of use biological preventive measures to combat aphids — this way, though not on the 100% uberezhet pest, but it will help to avoid mass destruction of aphids.
The fight against aphids folk remedies will be effective in the event, if the pest colony has not grown and the degree of damage is negligible.
How to get rid of aphids on currants household methods:
- Liquid soap (or dishwashing detergent). Two large spoon stir tools in a teacup. Substance use should be immediately after preparation, spraying the bushes every day.
- purity. fresh tops (3-4 kg) or dry grass (1 kg) Pour a liter of water and leave to infuse for 1,5 day. use immediately, pre-strain.
- soda ash. Tablespoon mass dissolve in a liter of water, Add a little liquid soap. Spray daily until complete destruction of pests.
Tablespoon mass dissolve in a liter of water, Add a little liquid soap
note! To enhance the effect of tobacco mixture may be mixed with wood ash. Spraying is carried out in a proportion of means: 400 g of each substance in 10 liters of water.
- Onion. 200 gram peel pour hot water and infuse 4-5 days.
- Ammonia. In a bucket of water diluted with two large spoons of ammonia. Add a teaspoon of washing powder. Ammonia from aphids on currants should be used once a 14 days.
- potato Plant. Finely chopped potato tops and add water (in the same proportion). For two days the mixture is necessary to brew, then you can start spraying.
- Hot pepper. Peppers grind and add water in a proportion of 1:10. Boil the mixture for thirty minutes on a medium heat and leave for a couple of days. Strained infusion diluted in water (per liter of water 100 ml).
Important! Spraying is best carried out in clear weather, in the evening. If a shower of rain, treatment should be repeated.
- Vinegar. Pungent smell deters pests, and vinegar solution can make spraying even when the bush has appeared berries. To prepare the solution must dissolve in a liter of cold oxen 200 Conventional grams of vinegar, add more 9 liters of water and about 100 grams of grated soap. Use immediately after use, once in 1-2 of the week.
- Plant tomato. Tomato dry tops (2 kg) and fresh tops (4 kg) chop and pour ten gallons of water. Bring to boil over medium heat for half an hour. Cool and dilute with water before spraying (165), adding a little grated soap.
- Tincture of onions and garlic. Grind a kilo of green garlic or onion and pour 10-liter bucket of water. to brew 5-6 hours, then you can start spraying.
Grind a kilo of green garlic or onion and pour 10-liter bucket of water
Sprinkle currants folk remedies often need. Processing plants to start with the lower leaves, because the pests usually live exactly on this part of the bush.
Carried out by spraying with a spray gun, thus it is necessary to use protective equipment (rubber gloves, mask) for respiratory protection and skin from harmful substances.
Chemical agents against aphids should be used only in case of, if the amount is too large attack by pests and traditional methods do not give any results.
Most chemicals on aphids:
Spraying chemicals currant bushes can be safe only in strict compliance with the instructions of the drug manufacturer. The duration of action is taken into account — if the drug is effective for 2-3 weeks, then at the budding stage it is better not to use, not to harm crops.
In this case it is better to use biologics, active ingredients which are the products of vital activity of fungi, bacteria and other mikoorganizmov. Such agents include Bordeaux mixture, bluestone, Biotlin of tli, Tanrek, fitoverm.
To spray chemicals needed, adhering to the following rules:
- The first treatment is carried out during the bud (spring).
- The second spraying is best done already at flowering shrubs.
- Third treatment takes place immediately after flowering.
- Last time you need to spray the bushes after the harvest (as a preventive agent).
Important! Experienced gardeners and horticulturists recommend after the first spraying chemicals, subsequent processing to produce traditional methods.
Annually by aphids drugs need to be changed, tk. pest eventually develops immunity against poisons.
Biological and mechanical methods
After the start of flowering, and after strings of berries chemicals and some folk remedies are safe to use, so some gardeners prefer to remove pests by mechanical means:
- Cut and then burned aphids damaged leaves and shoot tips;
- Hands pressed pests (pre wearing rubber gloves);
- Wash off aphids power shower hose;
- Terminate the infected buds in early autumn (until they blossomed).
Adults find it easy — often they are grouped in the bottom of the leaves or shoots. With a large number of pests to collect and destroy their arms will be difficult, in this case it is better to get rid entirely using secateurs from branches.
Some gardeners prefer to remove pests by mechanical means
These measures do bring results, but they are distinguished by the complexity and the need to constantly repeat treatment. Every day you need to carefully examine every leaf and twig, not to miss, When larvae of new pests appear.
Many vacationers are attracted to your site the natural enemies of aphids: Lady korovok, earwigs, zlatoglazok. Zhukov, eating pests, can bring to the site, It landed on the plant: calendula, marigold, nasturtium, dill, tomatoes.
note! If currant leaf appeared lacewings and ladybird, it should not be used to process chemicals bushes. It is better to spray the plants with infusions of herbs, so as not to scare off beneficial insects.
Help destroy pests small birds, which can lure the garden, setting it feeders and waterers.
Preventive measures and recommendations
Every gardener has its own proven methods to combat aphids. You can try several different tools, to find the best option. But the general principles of pest control are as follows:
- Handle bushes need a certain time: The first treatment is carried out in the spring, and the next — depending on the flowering bush.
- Spray the bushes should be in dry and calm weather, it is desirable in the evening.
- Handling should be subject not only to the bush, but also the soil around it.
- Infusions of herbs and other folk remedies can not pour into a spray bottle. Enough to dip branch plants in the prepared solution — currant branches bend well and can thoroughly wash in a bucket, without risking to break off.
- Be sure to start spraying with the lower branches of the bush — that means the plant has reached bottom, the spray should be directed into the bush.
- If the pest is moved to the neighboring currant bushes and trees, should not spend time on the mechanical and folk remedies. Without chemicals, in this case can not do.
The emergence of aphids on the site easier to avoid, providing proper care of plants. Indeed, strong and healthy trees and shrubs are resistant to pests, and insects avoid their, preferring easier prey.
The emergence of aphids on the site easier to avoid, providing proper care of plants
What to do, to prevent aphids on currants:
- Timely and water feed bushes drugs with low nitrogen content.
- Plant near the currant plants with strong smell, pest repellent: garlic, mint, parsley, basil, koriandr, bow.
- Remove weeds — conduct an annual pruning, removing dry, old, damaged, diseased branches and basal shoots.
- Before transplanting seedlings handle and ground under bushes solution of ammonia (on half a liter of oxen 3-5 drops).
- Clean the barrel from the flaking bark (it could be eggs of aphids).
- exterminate ants, settled near the bushes. This can be done using a conventional boiling water — pour a bucket of an anthill.
- In the autumn the soil around the bushes to be loosened, spring bush conduct whitewash trunks.
- Attract to the area of natural enemies of aphids: small birds and insects.
All these measures will prevent the occurrence of the pest in the garden area. But, If, however, insect invasion could not be avoided, better to start from mechanical and popular methods of dealing with them, and only after resorting to harmful insecticides.