8 Best Lice And Nit Removal Combs To Buy In 2020
8 Best Lice And Nit Combs To Buy In 2020
- 1 8 Best Lice And Nit Combs To Buy In 2020
- 2 8 Best Lice And Nit Combs To Buy In 2020
- 3 8 Top-Rated Lice Combs Available On The Market
- 3.1 1. Nit Free Terminator Lice Comb
- 3.2 2. V-COMB Electronic Lice Comb
- 3.3 3. LiceMeister Head Lice And Nit Removal Comb
- 3.4 4. Ezy Dose Kids Lighted Lice Removal Comb
- 3.5 5. Hand Healer Lice Comb Set
- 3.6 6. Lice Lifters Nit Removal Comb
- 3.7 7. Lice Essentials Comb
- 3.8 8. Lice Zapper Electric Lice Comb
- 4 Things To Consider Before Buying A Lice Comb
- 5 Lice is the best remedy. What a remedy for lice and nits better? feedback from doctors — Drugs — 2020
- 6 The concept of pediculosis
- 7 Lice myths
- 8 Overview of means of combating parasites
- 9 Symptoms of lice
- 10 What means to get in a drugstore?
- 11 Combs from lice
- 12 Danger of using lice products
- 13 Folk medicine against lice
- 14 How to choose a remedy for lice?
- 15 Prevention of pediculosis
8 Best Lice And Nit Combs To Buy In 2020
One of the early signs of lice is excessive itching in the scalp. If you find yourself scratching your head often or are experiencing a tickling feeling in your hair that’s beyond control, it’s time to address the issue.
One of the quickest solutions to remove lice from your hair other than using a chemical lice cream is a lice or a nit comb. These combs are not only effective but also have zero side effects compared to chemical lice shampoos and creams. Without a doubt, lice combs are the surest way to get rid of the pesky parasites. We have curated a list of 8 best lice combs available on the market right now. Check them out!
|Nit Free Terminator Lice Comb||Check Price|
|V-COMB Electronic Lice Comb||Check Price|
|LiceMeister Head Lice And Nit Removal Comb||Check Price|
|Ezy Dose Kids Lighted Lice Removal Comb||Check Price|
|Hand Healer Lice Comb Set||Check Price|
|Lice Lifters Nit Removal Comb||Check Price|
|Lice Essentials Comb||Check Price|
|Lice Zapper Electric Lice Comb||Check Price|
8 Top-Rated Lice Combs Available On The Market
1. Nit Free Terminator Lice Comb
This head lice comb can remove even the tiniest nits from your hair. Its spiral micro-grooved teeth prevent pricking, scratching, or pulling. The metal lice comb is made from anti-corrosion stainless steel and can be used by the entire family, day after day. It can be sterilized multiple times. nix electric lice comb is the best electric lice comb available in the market.
- Provides firm grip
- Strong and durable
- Removes maximum stubborn lice in one swipe
2. V-COMB Electronic Lice Comb
This allergy-free, user-friendly electric lice comb is suitable for both children and adults. It uses stainless steel teeth and suction power to zap out the lice from your scalp and hair. The eggs and lice eliminated from your hair are trapped in the capture filter. After you are done combing your hair, detach the capture filter to dispose of the lice.
- Runs smoothly on your scalp
- No sharp edges
- Works even on dry hair
- Captures maximum lice in one go
3. LiceMeister Head Lice And Nit Removal Comb
This medically-approved lice removal comb is endorsed by the National Pediculosis Association. It has highly polished, precisely spaced, stainless steel teeth with a study and unbreakable handle. It glides smoothly on your scalp without snagging or pulling. This comb can be used by adults and children.
- High-quality comb
- Recyclable handle
- Can be sterilized multiple times
- Easy to hold
4. Ezy Dose Kids Lighted Lice Removal Comb
This lice removal comb is a gentle comb meant for adults as well as kids. The stainless steel metal comb for lice ensures to reach even the tiniest and most stubborn lice with ease. The comb comes with a targeted light system and a magnifying glass to aid better removal of lice. It has long and short pin comb options.
- Easy to hold
- Comes with an attached light
- Suitable for the entire family
Can break easily
5. Hand Healer Lice Comb Set
These premium lice comb set includes three stainless steel and plastic combs that offer excellent removal of lice in just a couple of swipes. It can be used for different hair types of different lengths. The three combs have three differently spaced teeth. This set is perfect for your entire family.
- Suitable for all hair types
- Can be sterilized for 10 minutes
- Durable stainless steel teeth
Difficult to get out stubborn nits
6. Lice Lifters Nit Removal Comb
This lice comb was designed to remove lice without causing any pain or damage to your hair and scalp. The curved steel bristles glide smoothly on your scalp. They go underneath every lice and egg and remove them. This comb is approved by lice technicians. It the best lice comb ever in the market
- Can be sterilized
- Easy to use and clean
The handle is not sturdy enough.
7. Lice Essentials Comb
The lice comb contains long and delicate steel teeth, designed especially to remove lice from your hair gently. The handle has a 5X magnifier embedded in it that helps detect lice and nits through a thorough inspection. The comb has a mini debris brush, which is used to brush off captured lice and nits that are stuck between the teeth.
- Non-slip design
- Easy to carry
- Suitable for both adults and children
8. Lice Zapper Electric Lice Comb
This electrical lice comb detects and kills lice with mild electric energy that does not cause any pain or discomfort. It is safe for use from ages 3 and above. Once the steel bristles come in contact with lice, the electric discharge zaps and kills them instantly. This device is safe to use on all hair types of different lengths.
- Includes a brush to clear the dead lice
- Emits a buzzing sound
- Prevents hatching
Now that you know what the best lice combs out there are, let’s check out the features to keep in mind while purchasing one.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Lice Comb
While shopping for lice combs, look for the features listed below:
These parasites are so tiny that they get camouflaged with your hair, making it difficult for you to see them with the naked eye. Therefore, make sure to choose a fine-toothed comb that can capture the maximum number of lice effortlessly. A regular comb will only leave them behind in your hair.
While removing lice, the bristles need to be strong enough to withstand the pressure. You don’t want them breaking midway. Also, if you have extremely thick or coarse hair, use a steel-toothed lice comb that makes your job much easier.
Look for a lice comb that is of good quality as you won’t be using it as often as regular brushes.
Although these combs can eliminate a major chunk of lice from your hair, adhering to a healthy hair care regimen can help in keeping your hair healthy and lice-free. Pick a suitable comb from the list, try it out and let us know how it worked for you by commenting below.
Lice is the best remedy. What a remedy for lice and nits better? feedback from doctors — Drugs — 2020
Many believe that pediculosis is a problem characteristic of times of war, poor families, people who do not follow the rules of personal hygiene, the homeless. But at the present time the statistics are quite the opposite. Pediculosis has become a problem not only for asocial personalities, but also for quite prosperous ones.
Most often, lice appear in children, but even an adult is not immune from these parasites. Most of us work in a team, so the spread of these insects is beyond doubt. The conclusion is that it may be necessary from lice the best remedy, not only for children but also adults.
The concept of pediculosis
Pediculosis is the scientific name for infection with one of the types of lice. And there are three:
- Head louse.
- The dressing room.
These insects are parasites. Settling on the human body, feed on blood. Females lay many eggs, which are called nits. It is even more difficult to fight with them than with adult insects, since they are glued to the hair with a special composition, and it is simply impossible to comb them out.
There are several myths associated with these parasites that I want to dispel.
- If you carry a child to the garden or school by car, then infection is impossible. This is absolutely not true. You can get infected anywhere: in the garden, school, swimming pool, cinema and in any other place where people are.
- If the head is clean, then lice should not be afraid. But this is just the opposite. These parasites love clear skin, it is easier for them to move around.
- Wash your head with lice. This is a real misconception, on the paws of these parasites there are hooks with which they cling to the skin, therefore, with ordinary washing of the head it is impossible to wash them off, and you can not even talk about nits. They are attached with an adhesive compound that does not soak from water and shampoo.
Overview of means of combating parasites
To date, the shelves of pharmacy kiosks contain on themselves a variety of drugs that are used for treating hair in order to destroy lice. To find out which remedy for lice and nits is better, you need to get acquainted with their various forms. The most popular tools are available in the following forms:
- Spray repellent. This form of the drug is considered the most convenient to use. One bottle of 30-50 ml is quite enough to handle even thick and long hair.
- The drug in the form of shampoo. It is used as an ordinary cleanser. Included in the composition, destroy adult insects, which are then necessary to comb a special comb.
It is difficult to say which remedy for lice is better; each of them can give a good result if you treat your head qualitatively and several times with an interval of several days.
Symptoms of lice
The first symptom that parents should have to check the child’s head is combing of the scalp. On closer examination, small wounds can be seen on the scalp, which remain after combing.
Lice often settle on the back of the head, behind the ears. If you push the hair, in these places you can see nits attached to the hair. If living insects are easy enough to destroy by all means, then lice eggs in this regard are almost invulnerable and will have to try to remove them. Often, even the best remedy for lice is not able to cope with them.
Only a thorough inspection of the head and manual destruction of nits will help get rid of this scourge.
What means to get in a drugstore?
On the shelves of pharmacies you can see a large amount of funds to combat lice and nits. To opt for a particular drug, you need to know the features of its use and contraindications to use. Consider some of them:
- «Para Plus» — a good remedy for lice and nits. The drug in the form of an aerosol acts on adult insects and to some extent on nits. Suitable for processing clothing and interior items. It is necessary to use the product as follows: spray the hair over all hair and leave for 10-15 minutes, then rinse it off with regular shampoo. It is not recommended to use for kids under 3 years old and patients with bronchial asthma.
- Nittifor. Available in the form of a solution and cream. It is necessary to apply the product on the scalp and hair, cover it with a kerchief and leave for 30-40 minutes. After that you can wash your hair with shampoo. The solution can not be used for children up to 3 years, and the cream can be applied from 2 years of age.
- «Knicks» in the form of a cream is quite safe to use, does not cause irritation and redness of the skin. The medicine should be applied to slightly damp hair for 10-15 minutes. Do not use the drug for children up to 6 months and people who have kidney and liver disease.
- Medifox is produced in the form of a gel, emulsion. The emulsion gives good results in the fight against head lice, and the gel copes well with pubic ones. The drug is applied and left for 40 minutes, then carefully washed off with shampoo. It can not be used for babies under 1 year old, as well as women during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- «Paranit» does an excellent job not only with lice, but also nits. The drug is applied to dry hair for 15-20 minutes, and then washed off. Not recommended for use in children under 3 years of age, pregnant and lactating women, as well as in the presence of wounds on the head.
- «Sifax» is available in the form of shampoo. This is not the best cure for lice, customer reviews indicate that the drug is more suitable for the prevention of the appearance of parasites. It is applied to the hair, massaged into the scalp and washed off. Cannot be used for children under 2 years.
- «Lokodin» — lotion has a toxic effect on lice and nits, is not toxic, so it can be used to treat children.
- «Avalanche» in the form of a spray, complete with attached cap and metal comb. The composition of the drug includes a mixture of essential oils, they are detrimental to living insects. It is necessary to spray the product on the hair and put on a cap for 30-40 minutes, and then carefully comb it out with the attached comb. The drug is not toxic, but do not allow contact with eyes and mouth.
It is difficult to say exactly which remedy for lice and nits is better, one is suitable for someone and another for others. And it’s not even about efficiency, but about the body’s response to the use of the drug.
Combs from lice
If you do not want to use the drug to kill lice and nits, then the comb is perfect for this purpose. There are no contraindications for its use, so it can be safely used in both children and adults.
From the usual comb combs differ in the minimum distance between the teeth and the presence of notches, which help to more effectively comb out the parasites.
Ideal when the comb is used in combination with the drug. The medicine kills the lice, and the comb combes out the dead insects and nits. You can, of course, cope with insects without sprays and gels, but only with the help of a comb, but you have to do this for several days in a row.
The following brands are considered the most popular:
- AntiV. Thanks to advertising and high quality, the combs of this brand are considered to be the most popular for fighting head lice and nits. They have long teeth and unusual notches.
- LiceGuard. It is considered a family option, as the kit includes 2 combs with different lengths of teeth.
- NitFree is very similar to the first model of the crests, both in terms of workmanship and material.
- RobiComb is an innovative brand. Destroys lice using electrical discharges.
How effective combing will be depends on perseverance and patience. We will have to devote a few hours to combing adult insects and their nits.
Danger of using lice products
Children are much more likely than adults to be attacked by these blood-sucking insects. Infection occurs in kindergartens, schools, pioneer camps. When choosing the best lice cleaner for children, you need to remember that they can be toxic to the delicate skin of a child.
The danger of the use of pharmaceutical drugs against lice is the possibility of an allergic reaction to the components of the drug. Children often suffer from various types of dermatitis, so you should choose a remedy more carefully.
Even adults after the use of insecticides can notice the manifestation of allergies, dermatitis, dandruff, itching of the scalp, and what about the children.
Therefore, before you buy the drug in a pharmacy, you must carefully study the instructions for use and see contraindications. Only with this approach it will be possible to say after application that this is the best remedy for lice.
All drugs that contain insecticides in their composition should not be used for pregnant, lactating women, as well as children.
Folk medicine against lice
More recently, the variety of drugs for lice was not as abundant as it is now, so no one could say what the best remedy for lice and nits. Tried to use folk recipes for getting rid of insect parasites and improvised means. Here are some examples:
- What a person will not think of to cope with lice. Enough original way to get rid of hairspray. It is necessary to spray the entire bottle with varnish on the head and put on a plastic bag. After 3-4 hours, insects and their nits will die without air.
- Our grandmothers also used kerosene for removing lice. They were smeared with hair and head and covered with a scarf or package. Adult insects, of course, will die, but you can get a scalp burn.
- Mayonnaise can be used, it is spread on the hair and head and left for a couple of hours, the parasites die from suffocation.
- An effective remedy against nits is considered to be a gruel of onion and garlic, which is applied to the hair, and after 3 hours it is washed off with a weak solution of vinegar.
- When washing your head, you can add a few drops of tea tree oil to the shampoo. Its smell does not like parasites and die.
- For removal of lice use an aqueous solution of vinegar in a 1: 2 ratio with water. It must be remembered, especially when applying it to children, that it often causes allergies and is quite dangerous. If it is wrong to dissolve the vinegar essence, then you can easily get burned.
- In pharmacies you can buy hellebore water. Despite the cheapness, many believe that it is a good remedy for lice and nits. If you do not allow this water to enter the mouth, it is practically harmless.
- Tar soap effectively in the fight against adult insects, to get rid of nits have to wash your hair with soap every other day for two weeks. A big disadvantage of this soap is an unpleasant and strong smell, but it can be neutralized using a regular shampoo.
The advantage of using natural remedies is their almost complete harmlessness to the body, so it can be used in pregnant women and children.
How to choose a remedy for lice?
If you want to get the best product for lice, then it is necessary, when buying, to look not only at ease of use and effectiveness, but also at the composition. Since toxic substances are often added to such drugs to kill insects, this can lead to undesirable consequences in the form of dandruff, itching, skin burns, and dermatitis.
If you use the available tools and folk recipes, then you also need to pay attention to their toxicity. In the old days, kerosene is the best remedy for lice and nits. Reviews now say that you can easily get a burn of the scalp, what can we say about the disgusting smell that lasts a long time.
When purchasing a drug, you need to pay attention to its effectiveness in the fight against lice and nits. For example, LiceGuard spray is safe for humans, but it is not able to get rid of parasites, it is better to use it as a prophylactic.
At the beginning of the article it was said that lice can be of different types and a means effective in combating head lice may be useless for removing pubic parasites.
Even the best remedy for lice can not always cope with nits, so when purchasing a drug, attention should be paid to this. You can buy two different products to get rid of parasites and their nits.
Prevention of pediculosis
It would be good if it was not necessary to use the best remedy for lice, but it is not always possible to avoid it, especially in childhood. But you can follow some preventive recommendations to avoid pediculosis:
At least once a week carefully examine the head for the presence of nits and live insects.
Even if you could not avoid infection, then do not panic. It is possible to find in pharmacies the best cure for lice and nits. Reviews of parents confirm that getting rid of parasites will not be difficult, just need to devote this problem a little time.