Ventolin aerosol: instructions for use, price, reviews, analogues
Ventolin aerosol instructions for use
- 1 Ventolin aerosol instructions for use
- 2 Release form and composition
- 3 pharmachologic effect
- 4 Indications for use
- 5 Contraindications
- 6 Dosing and Administration
- 7 Side effects
- 8 special instructions
- 9 Ventolin analogues
- 10 Terms and conditions of storage
- 11 Ventolin price
- 12 Kromolin — instructions for use, reviews, analogs and formulations (aerosol 2% and capsules with 20 mg powder for inhalation) of the drug for the treatment of bronchial asthma, obstructive bronchitis and allergic rhinitis in adults, children and pregnancy
- 13 Aerosol and solution for inhalation Berotek: instructions for use
- 14 Clinico-pharmacological group
- 15 Pharmacy sales terms
- 16 Prices
- 17 Release form and composition
- 18 Pharmacological effect
- 19 Indications for use
- 20 Contraindications
- 21 Use during pregnancy and lactation
- 22 Instructions for use
- 23 Instructions for aerosol
- 24 Side effects
- 25 Overdose
- 26 Special instructions
- 27 Drug interactions
- 28 Reviews
- 29 Analogs
- 30 Storage conditions and shelf life
Ventolin is a bronchodilator drug of the β-2 group of adrenomimetics.
Release form and composition
Ventolin is available in the form of a metered-dose inhalation solution. The solution is a suspension of white or almost white color. 1 bottle of aerosol is designed for 200 doses of the drug. Aluminum inhalers are equipped with a plastic metering device and a protective cap, with the instruction placed in cardboard packaging.
The main active ingredient is micronized salbutamol sulfate. 1 dose contains 120.5 μg of salbutamol sulfate, which corresponds to 100 μg of salbutamol.
Auxiliary components: propellant.
Pharmacodynamics. The drug belongs to the selective β-2 adrenoreceptor agonists. When used in therapeutic doses affects the receptors of the bronchi. At the same time, it slightly affects or does not affect the β-1 adrenoreceptors of the heart muscle at all. It has a bronchodilating effect, suppresses or prevents a spasm of smooth muscles of the bronchi. Reduces resistance in the respiratory tract, increases lung capacity. Increases mucociliary clearance (up to 36% in chronic bronchitis), activates the production of bronchial mucus, stimulates the function of the bronchial epithelium of the bronchi.
When used in the recommended dosage does not affect the cardiovascular system, does not cause hypertension. It causes the expansion of the coronary arteries.
Salbutamol affects some metabolic processes. Namely:
- affects glycogenesis and insulin secretion;
- lowers the level of potassium in the blood plasma;
- It has a lipolytic and hyperglycemic (especially in asthmatics) effects;
- increases the likelihood of acidosis.
Pharmacokinetics. The drug begins to act after 5 minutes after inhalation, the maximum therapeutic effect is observed after 30–90 minutes (at the same time 75% of the therapeutic effect is reached within 5 minutes). The average duration of therapeutic effect is from 4 to 6 hours.
The lower parts of the respiratory tract reaches 10–20% of the active substance from the entire dose administered. The remainder enters the oropharynx, is swallowed, settles on the inhaler. Salbutamol from the lower parts of the respiratory system is absorbed into the blood and lung tissues (but is not metabolized in the lungs).
Salbutamol, trapped in the digestive tract, is broken down in the liver to form inactive metabolites. About 10% of the active substance is bound to plasma proteins. The drug is excreted unchanged and in the form of metabolites for the most part by the kidneys, a small amount through the intestines. Most of the salbutamol dose is excreted for 72 hours.
Indications for use
Ventolin is recommended for the treatment of:
- bronchial asthma;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with reversible airway obstruction;
- chronic bronchitis.
In case of bronchial asthma, Ventolin is prescribed for:
- relief of asthma attacks, including acute exacerbations of the disease, proceeding in a severe form;
- prevention of attacks of bronchial asthma, due to physical exertion or exposure to an allergen;
- long-term maintenance treatment as part of complex therapy.
Contraindications to the use of Ventolin are:
- management of preterm labor;
- threatened abortion;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug;
- children’s age up to 2 years.
Dosing and Administration
Ventolin is used for inhalation.
The ineffectiveness of therapy and the increasing need for salbutamol may indicate a worsening of bronchial asthma. In this case, it is recommended to review the treatment regimen and consider the expediency of simultaneous use of glucocorticosteroids.
Exceeding the recommended doses can lead to the development of serious side effects, therefore, the decision to increase therapeutic dosages or frequency of use of Ventolin should be made by a doctor.
Relief of bronchial asthma
For adults, the recommended dose is 100 or 200 micrograms.
Children are given 100 mcg (in severe cases, 200 mcg) of salbutamol.
Frequency of use — no more than 4 times a day.
The need for frequent administration of maximum single doses of the drug or an increase in the frequency of administration indicates a worsening of the disease.
Prevention of bronchospasm due to exercise or allergen exposure
Adults are recommended inhalation administration of 200 μg of salbutamol 15 minutes before the expected load or contact with the allergen. The dosage for children is 100 mcg, but if necessary it can be increased to 200 mcg.
Long-term maintenance therapy
Adults and children are prescribed up to 200 mcg of salbutamol 4 times a day.
Before the first use of the aerosol or after a long break in treatment (a week or more), it is recommended to remove the cap from the mouthpiece, squeezing it from both sides to shake the inhaler well. Make 2 sprays into the air to assess the health of the device.
The use of Ventolin can cause a number of undesirable side effects from various body systems. Namely:
- on the part of the respiratory system — paradoxical bronchospasm (the drug is canceled, immediate treatment is carried out);
- on the part of the cardiovascular system — tachycardia , arrhythmias, peripheral vasodilation, hypotension, collapse;
- on the part of the nervous system — headache, tremor, hyperactivity;
- on the part of the digestive system — irritation of the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose;
- on the part of the musculoskeletal system — muscle cramps .
- on the part of the metabolism — hypokalemia;
- hypersensitivity reactions — urticaria , angioedema , bronchospasm.
In case of an overdose of salbutamol, β-adrenergic receptors are affected not only in the bronchi, but also in other organs. As a result, transient side effects occur — tachycardia, muscle tremor, lowering blood pressure, nausea and vomiting. With the introduction of large doses of salbutamol may develop hypokalemia, therefore during treatment it is recommended to monitor the level of potassium in the blood plasma.
Treatment of symptomatic salbutamol poisoning. The drug is canceled, cardio-selective β-adrenoreceptor blockers are prescribed (for tachycardia, palpitations).
When prescribing and using Ventolin, it is important to take into account the following points:
- therapy of asthma should be carried out in stages, under the constant control of the effectiveness of the prescribed therapy;
- the increased need for inhalation or the use of higher doses indicates a worsening of the disease (co-administration of glucocorticosteroids may be appropriate);
- Ventolin should not be the only / main drug in the treatment of unstable or severe asthma;
- During treatment, it is necessary to control the content of potassium in the blood, since the use of salbutamol may cause the development of hypokalemia (especially in patients with severe asthma attacks who are simultaneously taking xanthine derivatives, diuretics, corticosteroids);
- if the therapeutic effect has not occurred within 3 hours after inhalation, it is required to consult a doctor;
- There is no data on the effect of Ventolin on the speed of psychomotor reactions, the ability to drive a vehicle and other mechanisms;
- According to the testimony Ventolin can be used in children older than 2 years.
Ventolin is used with caution in patients with certain comorbidities. It:
- chronic heart failure in severe form;
- arterial hypertension;
- decompensated diabetes;
- history of renal failure.
- simultaneous use of Ventolin with non-selective β-adrenoreceptor blockers (propranolol and others) is not recommended;
- Ventolin can be administered simultaneously with MAO inhibitors;
- Ventolin enhances the action of CNS stimulants in patients with thyrotoxicosis;
- the combination of Ventolin and xanthines (theophylline, etc.) increases the risk of developing tachyarrhythmias;
- while taking salbutamol with anticholinergic agents (including inhalation forms), intraocular pressure may increase;
- The hypokalemic effect of salbutamol is enhanced when used simultaneously with diuretics, glucocorticosteroids.
Pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy, Ventolin is prescribed only in situations where the expected benefit to the mother exceeds the potential threat to the fetus. Rarely, the use of Ventolin by a pregnant woman caused the development of defects in the child (impaired development of the extremities, «cleft palate»). However, in these cases, the patient along with Ventolin took other drugs. Accordingly, accurate data on the effects of Ventolin on the fetus are not available.
Ventolin gets into breast milk. There are no exact data on the effects of salbutamol on the body of a breastfed baby. Therefore, the drug is not recommended for use during lactation. If necessary, treatment with aerosol is required to stop breastfeeding.
The complete structural analogues of Ventolin containing salbutamol are the following drugs: Salamol Eco light breathing, Salbutamol, Tebu Salbutamol, Astalin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Ventolin inhalation aerosol is stored protected from direct sunlight, out of the reach of children. The optimum temperature is up to 30 ° C, the drug should not be frozen. The shelf life of the aerosol is 2 years. Do not use the drug after the expiration date indicated on the package.
Ventolin aerosol for inhalation — 130-168 rubles.
Kromolin — instructions for use, reviews, analogs and formulations (aerosol 2% and capsules with 20 mg powder for inhalation) of the drug for the treatment of bronchial asthma, obstructive bronchitis and allergic rhinitis in adults, children and pregnancy
In this article, you can read the instructions for using the drug Kromolin. Presented are reviews of visitors to the site — consumers of this medication, as well as opinions of doctors specialists on the use of Kromolin in their practice. A big request is to actively add their feedback on the drug: the medicine helped or did not help get rid of the disease, which were observed complications and side effects, possibly not declared by the manufacturer in the annotation. Analogues of Kromolin in the presence of existing structural analogues.Use for the treatment of bronchial asthma, obstructive bronchitis and allergic rhinitis in adults, children, as well as during pregnancy and lactation.
Kromolin — antiallergic agent, stabilizer of membranes of mast cells. It inhibits the release of histamine, leukotrienes and other biologically active substances from mast cells. It is believed that the delay in the release of mediators occurs as a result of an indirect blockade of the penetration of calcium ions into the cells. It has been established that cromoglycic acid (the active substance of the drug Kromolin) suppresses the migration of neutrophils, eosinophils, monocytes. Cromolin prevents asthmatic reactions of immediate and delayed type after inhaling allergens and non-antigenic stimuli.
The drug is most effective for the prevention of allergic reactions of immediate type in patients of relatively young age, who have not yet developed chronic irreversible changes in the lungs. Long-term use reduces the frequency of asthma attacks and facilitates their course, reduces the need for bronchodilators and glucocorticosteroids (GCS).
Stable effect is achieved in 2-4 weeks.The single dose lasts up to 5 hours.
Cromoglycic acid + auxiliary substances.
When Cromoline is used as a powder for inhalation (20 mg of cromolin and 20 mg of lactose as a carrier), only 5-10% of the drug (1-2 mg) falls into the bronchi, 25% remains in the inhaler, 40% in the oral cavity, The remainder settles in the upper respiratory tract and is swallowed. The drug, trapped in the bronchi, is absorbed and withdrawn in unchanged form: 50% with bile, 50% with urine. The drug, trapped in the gastrointestinal tract (GIT), is not absorbed and is excreted unchanged with feces.
- bronchial asthma (atopic form, asthmatic triad, asthma of physical effort);
- chronic bronchitis with bronchoobstructive syndrome;
- prevention of seasonal and / or all-year-round rhinitis of allergic origin;
- vasomotor rhinitis;
- food allergy (with proven antigen).
Forms of release
Aerosol for inhalations dosed 2% in a spray.
Capsules with powder for inhalation 20 mg.
Instructions for use and dosing regimen
Inhalation of the contents of the capsule (powder for inhalation) is carried out with the help of the spinhaler — 1 capsule (20 mg) 4 times a day: at night, in the morning, 2 times in the daytime, with an interval of 3-6 hours.If necessary, increase the dose to 120-160 mg per day.
Dosage aerosol for inhalation is prescribed for adults (including elderly people) and children from 5 years of age for 2-5-10 mg 4 times a day. It is possible to increase the dose to 2 mg 6-8 times a day. When the optimal therapeutic effect is achieved, it is possible to switch to a maintenance dose, which ensures optimal control of the disease.
In severe cases, as well as with a high concentration of allergens, the dose can be increased to 15-20 mg 4 times a day. After achieving a therapeutic effect, do not suddenly stop treatment; cancellation is carried out gradually, within 1 week. When the dose is reduced, it is possible to resume the symptoms of the disease.
To prevent an attack of asthma in bronchial asthma caused by physical stress or cold air, 10-15 minutes before the provoking factor, it is necessary to inhale 10 mg of Kromolin.
- exanthema (rash on the skin);
- dermatitis (inflammatory skin damage);
- vascular edema;
- photodermatitis (increased sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet rays);
- exfoliative dermatitis;
- tremor (fast, rhythmic movements of limbs or trunk);
- peripheral neuritis (inflammation of the peripheral nerves);
- noise in ears;
- gastroenteritis (inflammation of the gastric mucosa and small intestine);
- unpleasant taste in the mouth;
- stomatitis, glossitis (inflammation of the oral mucosa, tongue);
- swelling of the parotid salivary gland;
- esophagospasm (spasm of the esophagus);
- dyspepsia (abnormal activity of the stomach, difficult and painful digestion);
- flatulence (bloating);
- abdominal pain;
- diarrhea, constipation;
- abnormal liver function;
- frequent urination;
- irritation of bronchi during inhalation (cough, urge for vomiting, short-term spasm);
- pharyngitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the pharynx);
- laryngeal edema;
- chest pain;
- heart failure;
- pericarditis (inflammation of the outer shell of the heart);
- hypotension (lowering blood pressure);
- heart rhythm disorder;
- myositis (inflammation of skeletal muscles);
- muscle and joint pain;
- swelling of the joints;
- rarely — serum sickness.
- 1 trimester of pregnancy;
- Children under 5 years of age (for inhalation application in the form of an aerosol) and up to 2 years (in the form of capsules with powder for inhalation);
- increased sensitivity to cromoglycic acid.
Application in pregnancy and lactation
Cromolyn is contraindicated for use in the first trimester of pregnancy. Use in the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy is possible only if the intended benefit to the mother exceeds the potential risk to the fetus.
In small amounts, cromoglycic acid is excreted in breast milk. Application during lactation (breastfeeding) is possible only if the intended benefit to the mother exceeds the potential risk for the baby.
Use in children
Contraindicated in children under 5 years in the form of an aerosol for inhalation and up to 2 years in the form of capsules with powder for inhalation.
Treatment of patients with renal / hepatic insufficiency should be under constant monitoring by a physician (should consider the feasibility of reducing the dose).
Do not apply for arresting an acute attack of bronchial asthma.
In exceptional cases,when inhalation of cromoglycic acid develops bronchospasm with a decrease in the function of external respiration, repeated use is not recommended.
In inhalation solution of cromoglycic acid, do not simultaneously use Bromhexine and ambroxol.
With food allergies should be used in combination with a diet that limits the intake of antigen.
When applying Cromolin with oral and inhalation forms of beta-adrenostimulants, oral and inhalation forms of GCS, theophylline and other methylxanthine derivatives, antihistamines, a potentiation effect is possible.
The combined use of cromoglycic acid and GCS can reduce the dose of the latter, and in some cases — completely cancel. During the dose reduction, the patient should be under close medical supervision, the rate of dose reduction should not exceed 10% per week.
In an inhalation solution, Cromolin is pharmaceutically incompatible with bromhexine or ambroxol. Bronchodilators should be taken (inhaled) before inhalation of cromoglycic acid.
Analogues of the drug Kromolin
Structural analogs for the active substance:
- Cromoglycic acid;
- Sodium cromoglycate;
Analogues of the drug Kromolin on the pharmacological group (stabilizers of membranes of mast cells):
- Cromoglycic acid;
- Sodium cromoglycate;
Review of the allergist doctor
Aerosol and solution for inhalation Berotek: instructions for use
Berotek belongs to the group of inhaled bronchodilator drugs.
Used to relieve attacks with bronchial asthma, obstructive bronchitis and other pulmonary diseases, accompanied by spasm of the bronchi. In some cases, it is prescribed for diagnostic tests in the study of the ability of the bronchi to expand.
On this page you will find all the information about Berotek: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Berotec. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Bronchodilator drug — beta2-adrenomimetic.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is a berotek? The average price in pharmacies is 400 rubles.
Release form and composition
Berotek comes in the form of a clear, colorless solution for inhalation, free from particles and with an almost imperceptible odor.
- The main active ingredient of the drug is fenoterol hydrobromide. 1 ml (20 drops) Berotec contains 1 mg of the active ingredient. Solution auxiliaries: sodium chloride, benzalkonium chloride, hydrochloric acid 1N, disodium edetate dihydrate and purified water.
Berotek is packed in amber glass dropper bottles of 20, 40 and 100 ml. In a cardboard bundle one bottle.
The active component of Berotec has a bronchodilator effect, and also inhibits the release of inflammatory mediators from mast cells, thereby providing a protective effect against the effects of bronchoconstrictors such as methacholine, histamine, allergens and cold air.
The drug is used to relieve and prevent attacks of bronchospasm in bronchial asthma and other conditions that are accompanied by reversible airway obstruction, for example, in chronic obstructive bronchitis with or without emphysema.
Inhalation Berotek warn and effectively stop the bronchospasm of various origins in a short time — five minutes after inhalation.
Indications for use
Berotek, according to the instructions prescribed for the treatment of attacks of bronchial asthma or other conditions with reversible airway obstruction, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and chronic bronchitis.
Also inhalation Berotek apply:
- When conducting bronchodilator tests conducted to study the function of external respiration;
- For the prevention of attacks of bronchial asthma, which arose due to physical stress;
- As a bronchodilator before inhalation with other drugs — mucolytics, antibiotics, glucocorticoids.
According to the instructions, Berotek is not appointed when:
- Heart disease;
- Decompensated diabetes;
- Patient hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy;
- Aortic stenosis;
- Threatening miscarriage, as well as in the first trimester of pregnancy.
According to the instructions, Berotek should be carefully prescribed for:
- Severe diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- Recently suffered myocardial infarction.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
When using Berotec in pregnant women, there was no effect of this bronchodilator on the course of pregnancy. However, the effect of the drug (especially in the first trimester) does not exclude the effect on the uterus muscles.
In this regard, he is appointed to pregnant women only in cases where the expected benefit during therapy exceeds the risk for carrying pregnancy and fetal development.
Instructions for use
Home treatment may be recommended to patients after consulting a physician in cases when the use of low-dose high-speed bronchodilator beta-agonist (such as Berotec H) using a metered-dose aerosol was insufficient to alleviate the condition. It can also be recommended for patients in need of nebulizer therapy for other reasons, for example, in case of problems with the use of metered aerosols or, if necessary, the appointment of higher doses.
The instructions for use indicate that treatment with the drug Berotek should begin with the minimum recommended dose. It should be selected individually depending on the needs of the patient and adjusted according to the severity of the acute episode. The drug should be discontinued when sufficient relief is achieved.
Children under 6 years old (weighing less than 22 kg):
- Due to limited information about this age group, treatment is carried out only under the supervision of a physician, prescribing the drug in the following dose: inhalation of about 50 μg / kg per reception (= 0.05 ml or 1 drop) / kg of body weight, but not more than 0.5 ml (10 drops) per dose up to 3 times / day.
Children aged 6 to 12 years (with a body weight of about 22-36 kg)
Asthma attacks and other conditions with reversible airway obstruction:
- Assign inhalation 0.25-0.5 ml (5-10 drops = 250-500 μg of fenoterol hydrobromide), which in most cases is sufficient for immediate relief of symptoms; if necessary, re-appointment of the drug up to 4 times / day should consider the possibility of reducing the individual dose, depending on the effectiveness of the nebulizer.
- AT severe cases(for example, in most cases of inpatient treatment), higher doses of 1 ml may be required (20 drops = 1000 μg of fenoterol hydrobromide).
- ATexceptionally severe casesunder the supervision of a physician, the drug can be administered in a dose of up to 1.5 ml (30 drops = 1500 μg of fenoterol hydrobromide).
Prevention of bronchial asthma attacks due to physical stress:
- Inject 0.5 ml (10 drops = 500 μg of fenoterol hydrobromide) before physical activity.
Adults (including patients over 75 years old) and adolescents over 12 years old
Attacks of bronchial asthma and other conditions accompanied by reversible airway obstruction:
- Inhaled 0.5 ml is prescribed (10 drops = 500 µg of fenoterol hydrobromide), which in most cases is sufficient for immediate relief of the attack; if necessary, re-appointment of the drug up to 4 times / day should consider the possibility of reducing the individual dose, depending on the effectiveness of the nebulizer.
- ATsevere cases (for example, for most patients entering the ICU) higher doses may be required — 1-1.25 ml (20-25 drops = 1000-1250 μg of fenoterol hydrobromide).
- ATexceptionally heavycasesunder the supervision of a physician, doses up to 2 ml can be administered (40 drops = 2000 μg of fenoterol hydrobromide).
Prevention of bronchial asthma attacks due to physical stress:
- Inject 0.5 ml (10 drops = 500 μg of fenoterol hydrobromide) before physical activity.
Treatment with Berotec is performed by inhalation using commercially available nebulizers. Pulmonary deposition and systemic bioavailability of the drug depend on the nebulizer used.
Note that 20 drops = 1 ml, 1 drop contains 50 μg of fenoterol hydrobromide. The recommended dose of the drug Berotek is diluted in a nebulizer chamber with a 0.9% sodium chloride solution to a final volume of 3-4 ml and inhaled to achieve sufficient relief of symptoms. Berotek can not be diluted with distilled water. The solution is diluted each time immediately before use; the remains of the prepared solution is poured.
Instructions for aerosol
Berotec Aerosol Dosage:
- With an acute attack of bronchial asthma — 1 dose; inhalation can be repeated after 5 minutes. The next application of Beroteka is possible only after 3 hours.
- In order to prevent asthma of physical effort and as a symptomatic treatment of conditions that are accompanied by reversible narrowing of the airways — 1-2 doses per dose (no more than 8 doses per day).
When using the drug, including the use of high doses of the drug, the development of such side effects is possible:
- From the gastrointestinal tract: nausea, vomiting.
- From the central and peripheral nervous system: headache, dizziness, nervousness, irritability, weakness, convulsions. In isolated cases, mainly with long-term use of the drug, the development of mental changes is possible.
- Since the cardiovascular system: tachycardia, palpitations, increased systolic blood pressure, decreased diastolic blood pressure, angina, heart rhythm disturbances.
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, itching, urticaria, local inflammatory reactions, anaphylactic shock, angioedema.
- On the part of the respiratory system: cough, local irritation of the mucous membranes, paradoxical bronchospastic reactions.
- Other reactions: excessive sweating, myalgia, increased blood glucose levels.
In addition, the use of the drug can cause the development of severe hypokalemia, especially high risk of developing hypokalemia in patients with severe bronchial asthma, who receive therapy with glucocorticosteroids, diuretics and xanthine derivatives. With long-term drug therapy, as well as in patients receiving therapy with other drugs, should regularly monitor the level of potassium in the blood plasma.
With the development of side effects should consult your doctor.
In case of overdose with a pharmaceutical preparation, the following symptoms are observed :;
- hypertension or hypotension (depending on the patient’s predisposition);
- increase in pulse pressure;
- intense redness of the skin of the face and upper half of the body;
- angina pain;
- angina attacks;
- intentional tremor.
The balloon is designed for 200 inhalations. After that it needs to be replaced.
The tip should be kept clean. If necessary, it can be washed in warm water. After using detergent or soap, rinse thoroughly with clean water.
The contents of the container is under pressure. The cylinder must not be opened and subjected to heating above 50 ° C.
Dizziness may develop during treatment. Therefore, care should be taken when driving or using machinery.
When prescribing, it is necessary to take into account drug interaction with other drugs:
- The combination of Berotec with β-adrenoreceptor blockers leads to a pronounced decrease in bronchodilation (expansion of the bronchial lumen);
- The simultaneous use of Berotec with β-adrenomimetics, anticholinergics, xanthine derivatives (including theophylline) stimulates the development of side effects;
- Simultaneous administration with halogenated hydrocarbon antiseptics (enflurane, halothane, etc.) enhances the influence of the active components of Berotec on the cardiovascular system;
- The overall therapeutic effect of Berotec is enhanced with simultaneous use with anticholinergics, tricyclic antidepressants, β-adrenoreceptor agonists, monoamine oxidase (MAO) enzyme inhibitors.
The therapeutic effect of conservative treatment of bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease Berotek increases with its combined use with anti-inflammatory drugs (inhaled glucocorticosteroids). However, this treatment is recommended in the hospital for continuous monitoring of the patient.
Reviews of Berotek indicate that the drug effectively relieves bronchospasm as in attacks of bronchial asthma, and in other diseases of the bronchopulmonary system. Patients note the long effect of this drug and its good tolerability.
In rare cases, there are side effects, the severity of which depends largely on the patient’s health and the adequacy of the prescribed dose. Irritation of the oral mucosa, coughing and irritation when using this drug for the first time, as a rule, did not require the discontinuation of Berotec and passed on their own within a short period of time. Allergic reactions to the components of this bronchodilator were rarely detected.
Most patients appreciate the price of Beroteca as “affordable” and “acceptable.”
Structural analogue of the drug is Berotec H, which is available as an aerosol for inhalation, as well as drugs Fenoterol, Aerum, Dosberotek, Segamol and Aruterol.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Berotek solution for inhalation is stored at a temperature of up to 30 ° C, in a dry place, protected from sunlight and inaccessible to children. Keep the product away from open flame, do not freeze. Shelf life is 5 years.
Do not use the drug after the expiration date on the package.