Aphid on the sink: how to protect the tree from the pest > Garden
How to deal with aphids on plums, the best ways
- 1 How to deal with aphids on plums, the best ways
- 2 What is dangerous for aphids plums
- 3 How to get rid of aphids on plum, proven methods
- 4 How to prevent the appearance of aphids on plum preventive action
- 5 Aphid on a sink: what it is and what it threatens with. How to deal with aphids on the drain by natural and chemical methods
- 6 Aphids on the sink: how to deal with natural ways
- 7 How to get rid of aphids on a sink by grandmother’s methods
- 8 Fighting aphids in a greenhouse
- 9 Danger of aphids
- 10 Basic rules for fighting aphids
- 11 Ways to fight aphids
- 12 Emergency Control Methods
- 13 Plants against aphids
- 14 Birds and insects in the fight against aphids
- 15 Cola to fight aphids
Aphid — one of the most common pests of garden trees. It brings great harm to plants, up to their death. In this article we will look at how dangerous aphids are in trees and how to deal with this scourge.
- What is dangerous for aphids plums
- How to get rid of aphids on plum, proven methods
- Mechanical ways to get rid of aphids on plum
- How to deal with aphids on plum chemicals
- The use of biological preparations
- The best folk remedies against aphids on plum
- How to prevent the appearance of aphids on plum preventive action
What is dangerous for aphids plums
Due to the prevalence of the pest, every gardener needs to know how the aphid looks on the sink and how to deal with it. The size of beetles reach no more than 2 mm, they are black, green, brown, yellow, red. Some representatives have wings. They multiply very quickly. One female produces up to 150 babies in two weeks. Pests live under foliage, on buds. In affected plants, foliage becomes glossy, curls, buds and buds fall. Trees bloom badly and bear fruit.
The harm of aphids is that the beetles feed on the sap of the plant and destroy all greens.The tree stops receiving the necessary amount of nutrients from the soil, weakens, becomes vulnerable to adverse climatic conditions and diseases. Plum, affected by aphids, does not tolerate frosts and can freeze with a significant decrease in temperature. Aphids leave sticky secretions on the plant that prevent the tree from absorbing oxygen. These secretions also create favorable conditions for the infection of the plum with fungal diseases, which can lead to the death of the tree.
How to get rid of aphids on plum, proven methods
The earlier the pest is found, the easier it is to fight. In addition, pests from one tree will move to another, destroying all plantings in their district. Today, there are many ways, drugs and mixtures aimed at combating aphids. They all have their pros and cons.
When choosing a particular tool you need to consider several factors:
- plant height;
- lesion volume;
- climatic conditions;
- the degree of density of planting in the garden.
Depending on the indicated factors, the following methods of pest control are used:
Mechanical ways to get rid of aphids on plum
The mechanical method of fighting pest bugs is used only in cases where the tree has reached a small size and the plant damage rate of the plant is small. In other situations, it is ineffective. This method is especially popular for the treatment of young saplings and trees, as well as during periods of fruiting.
If the pests have just surrounded the plum and the affected areas can be counted on the fingers, it is necessary to remove the leaves on which the aphids have started. These leaves need to be collected in a pile and burn. If they are simply thrown on the ground, the pests will quickly find a new prey. From a small tree aphids can also be washed off with a powerful jet of water from under the hose.
How to deal with aphids on plum chemicals
Chemical treatment is one of the most common and fast-acting ways to get rid of aphids on a plum. With it, you can quickly and effectively remove large families of pests. However, this method involves treating the tree with poisonous substances, so it should be used only in cases of large destruction and very carefully, adhering to all safety rules. Spring processing of plums from aphids begins in mid-March. The second treatment is carried out during the period of bud formation, the third — during the appearance of buds. If the pests attack the plants and after the work, spraying is carried out again.
Consider what can be processed plum from aphids in the spring. The most effective drugs include:
These drugs are good reviews, do not cause addiction in the pest. Suitable for multiple use. Dilute drugs must be strictly according to the instructions. Wood processing is carried out by spraying. In this case, be sure to use gloves, a gauze bandage or a mask, goggles. Processing is carried out one or one and a half months before harvest.
The use of biological preparations
Biological agents do not immediately affect pests. This is their minus before the chemicals, which act literally on the second day. For the influence of biologics takes about 5-10 days. However, they have many advantages. Biological products can be used to remove the aphids on the plum after flowering. Chemicals are used only up to this point and in the first few days after flowering. Biological products are harmless to people, bees, they can be used during the fruiting period.
The most effective biological drugs include:
Biological products are made on the basis of natural components. Of course, they are more expensive than chemicals, but their important advantage is that they are harmless to people and will not lead to poisoning by fruits.
The best folk remedies against aphids on plum
In addition to purchased, there are a large number of popular methods of dealing with aphids. A very effective method is considered the processing of plums tincture of tomato leaves.To prepare the substance, the lower leaves of the tomato should be chopped and soaked overnight. Then strain, pour into a container and spray. Aphids are afraid of garlic. It is necessary to take 4 cloves and finely chop. Then add 20 g of vegetable oil, half a liter of water and a teaspoon of liquid soap to the mixture. Before processing the mixture must be diluted in water (2 tablespoons per 5 liters of water). Good reviews also enjoy onion tincture. Onion head medium size should be chopped, soak for 5 hours in a liter of water, add 5 g of soap. The mixture is ready. Citrus peel extract acts very well against aphids. To prepare this, 100 g of dry peel is poured with a liter of warm water and infused for three days.
How to prevent the appearance of aphids on plum preventive action
It is very difficult to fight against aphids, therefore it is better to prevent an illness than to get rid of it for a long time. To prevent the occurrence of pests, do not over-apply nitrogen fertilizer to the soil.Bugs do not like some plants (calendula, garlic, onions, chamomile). Planting them near the plum, you can protect the tree from aphids. If aphids are found on plants that are close to a plum, it is better to treat the plum with an infusion of garlic or onion.
One of the important preventive measures is the systematic cleaning of weeds around the tree. Feeding the soil with wood ash will help protect the plants from the invasion of aphids. In addition, you need to remove basal shoots, and in the fall to remove dry dead pieces of bark from the tree. Now you know how to recognize the lamb on the sink and how to deal with it. It is best to carry out preventive treatment of the plant by folk or chemical means in spring and autumn in order to prevent contamination of the plant.
Aphid on a sink: what it is and what it threatens with. How to deal with aphids on the drain by natural and chemical methods
Plum is a fruit tree that produces sweet and sour fruits.
Since this tree is rather capricious, therefore, you need to approach the cultivation with special attention.
Plum does not like strong winds, but it will bloom and bear fruit if the sun’s rays penetrate it.
I recommend planting a tree in the spring, however, in the spring, aphids attack the tree.
Aphid on the sink
Aphids are one of the most common pests in gardens and gardens. He settles colonially on the bottom of the leaves. These are small sucking insects, widely distributed around the world in more than three thousand species. They are always found in large quantities and attack almost any plant. Aphids on a plum tree are not attacked by a plant, but, as a rule, young shoots and weakened leaves.
Sucking the sap of a tree, aphids quickly grow and multiply. When the plant begins to die and ceases to satisfy the needs of insects, the pest produces offspring that have wings (over the course of the summer, this offspring will reproduce about 17 generations).
Insects secrete a sticky substance typical of honey nectar, which is an ideal breeding ground for gray mold and other fungal infections. The main threat to the plum are also viral diseases that spread by aphids. Every year, the malware contributes to millions of losses in agriculture and horticulture, so it’s worth your time to familiarize yourself with how to deal with aphids and how to treat plum from aphids after flowering.
Aphids on the sink: how to deal with natural ways
First of all, it is very important to fight aphids, since the speed of its reproduction is lightning fast. If you do not want to resort to radical measures and use chemical preparations, try to get rid of insects with natural components by popular methods of combating aphids on a plum.
So, 10 methods to combat aphids:
1. Garlic infusion. In order to cook it, you need to take 8-10 cloves of garlic and 5 liters of lukewarm water. You can chop the garlic a little, the effect will be better. Add it to the water and wait 2 days. After that we add another 5 liters of water to the bucket and process the plum (carefully spraying the leaves).
2. The infusion of ash. For this mixture, you need to prepare wood ash (about 1 liter) and fill it with water (10 liters). Insist the whole day. After thoroughly mix, strain and add a little chopped laundry soap (5-7 grams). The resulting solution needs to spray the tree.
3. Tobacco. Tobacco is considered one of the best remedies for pest control in gardens. You can even use leftover cigarettes or buy snuff at the store. A couple of tobacco presses should be diluted with water and let it brew for 24 hours. The next day, you can start processing plums from aphids
4. Infusion of nettles. To do this, you will need 1 kg of nettle and 10 liters of water. Mix and let it brew all night. The next day, proceed to destroy the pests.
5. Infusion of peel of onion. For this tool you will need 1 cup of husk and a bucket of a little warm water. Mix and let it brew for 5 days. After the time has elapsed, you need to strain and proceed immediately to the processing.
6. Fresh cow’s milk (10 l) should be diluted with water and immediately spray the plum leaves.
7. Potato tops, tomato and celandine shoots (fresh) are poured with water (7 l) and let it brew for a couple of days (maybe more). After abundantly process the tree.
8. Soap solution of laundry soap. You will need kerosene (100 ml), 50 g of soap (a quarter of a bar) and 10 liters of heated water (boiling water). Add kerosene and soap to the water and stir until smooth, proceed with the destruction of insects.
9. For this infusion you will need horse sorrel, or rather its roots (300 g) and 10 liters of water. Boil everything and let stand for 3-4 hours.
10. Infusion of chili peppers. In order for the insects to cease to like the taste of juicy plums, you need to process the tree with infusion of hot pepper. To do this, take 6-7 liters of water and 8 pods of pepper (it needs to be finely chopped). Do not throw out the seeds of pepper, but mix with the pulp in water. In order for the solution to last for a long time and allow the pests to settle again, a little soap should be added to the infusion.
And how to treat aphids on a plum after flowering? This question excites many, both experienced and novice gardeners. 15 days after flowering, the tree should be treated with a saturated soapy solution. Moreover, you can use not only laundry soap, but also liquid soap.
A low concentration of urea is used by agronomists. 7 days after flowering, a solution of water and urea can be used. Water will need 10 liters, urea 50 grams.
Do not rush and spray ahead of time. After all, you want to get rid of aphids once and for all.
How to get rid of aphids on a sink by grandmother’s methods
In addition to the fact that there are a huge number of recipes for infusions from natural ingredients, there are also ways that can scare off the invasion of insects. The knowledge of our grandmothers and great-grandmothers is passed on to us, so let’s find out how to get rid of aphids in a sink safely for the environment and the tree itself.
Methods of combating aphids by folk methods:
1. Many gardeners with experience attract a ladybug to their garden, it is a natural enemy of aphids.
2. Between plums, you can plant a flower such as calendula (phytoncides of this plant will suppress many types of pests);
3. The plum trunk should be treated with solid oil or wrapped in burlap (this is necessary in order to scare away the ants, they are the aphids);
4. Many birds love to eat aphids, so make houses for them on the sink, thereby doing good for animals and saving the tree from pests.
If you actively protect the tree, it will thank you with good fruitfulness.
Chemistry in the fight against aphids on a plum
Chemicals will help to quickly and for a long period get rid of such a pest as aphids. There are many ways and means, however, you should remember about the basic precautions. First of all, you should wear a special protective mask and clothing. Hands should be protected with gloves. A jet of drugs should be directed to the bottom of the leaf (exactly where the aphid is located).
The following drugs, which we will consider, are used for gentle spraying. They destroy only aphids, and beneficial insects survive.
The main ones are:
1. «Acarin». It will be required for repeated use, as it is not very stable and evaporates quickly. You will need to dilute 3 ml of the drug in 1 liter of water.
2. «Dimethoate». Belongs to the class of pesticides. For 1 liter of water, 400 g of the drug will be needed.
Toxic drugs include:
1. «Kinmix». Valid up to 3 weeks (maybe more, depending on the weather). Use according to instructions and only freshly prepared.
2. Inta-Vir. Able to destroy both aphids and ants. It is strictly forbidden to spray the tree during flowering. Use according to instructions.
In the fight against pests, the main thing is not to miss the moment when the aphid is just beginning to hit the tree. It is important to respond in time to signs of leaf damage.
Fighting aphids in a greenhouse
For summer residents, aphids are the most dangerous and harmful pest for plants that are grown in a greenhouse. That is why there are many methods of combating aphids, which will be discussed.
Danger of aphids
Most often, this parasite is attacked by cucumbers, plums and other melons, as the aphids are attracted by the juice secreted by a young plant. In addition, the pest is able to secrete poison, which harms the shoots, because they die off because of it, it is almost impossible to restore the damaged culture. Also, aphids are a carrier of many viruses that can poison not only the plant, but also the soil. If you do not resort to any methods of combating aphids, then in one month of summer this parasite can cause significant damage to the garden, which is quite difficult to restore.
Basic rules for fighting aphids
- First you need to find out why the aphid decided to spoil the rich harvest of cucumbers. It should be remembered that multi-season plants are too tough for her, but young shoots are her favorite treat. So that the gardener needs to protect the newly planted plants;
- with regard to the reasons for its appearance, there may be many of them, but it is mainly carried by ants that feed on aphids;
- There is no universal method of combating aphids, since their colony is numerous and each affects a particular plant. Therefore, several methods should be applied.
Ways to fight aphids
Spraying the plant with a soap solution is a simple method of combating aphids and is suitable for cleaning all plants. The greatest harm to aphids is caused by ash (ashes from wood), which has a cleaning and antibacterial effect, and this parasite does not like cleanliness.
- water — 10 l .;
- Laundry soap — 200 gr.;
- tar soap — 100 g .;
- ash — 100 gr.
- Soap (household and tar) is dissolved in water.
- Now it remains to boil the ash. A liter of water is put on the burner and brought to a boil, ash is poured and boiled for another 30 minutes.
- After the mixture has boiled, it must be poured into a soap solution and mixed.
The described recipe will allow you to get rid of aphids once and for all in several procedures. In order to spray the plants, the solution needs to be poured into 5 liters. the eggplant and close it with the spray lid.
Despite the fact that the disinfectant solution is not a chemical, it can cause serious harm to the plant and even become a threat to human health. Therefore, you need to use them wisely. Most often, summer residents use onion and potato solution, since they are more sparing for the plant, but do not leave a chance for aphids.
- onions — 30 gr;
- water — 1 l .;
- laundry soap — 5 g.
- The onion head must be peeled and chopped.
- Next, the onion is filled with water and infused for 5 hours.
- Now you need to add soap and strain the entire solution.
For a more concentrated solution, you can add onion peel.
- potato tops — 1 kg .;
- sulfuric soap — 10 g;
- water — 10 l.
- The tops are minced and infused with water for at least 3 hours.
- After the set time, the solution is filtered.
- Then soap is added and the solution is infused for another hour, after which it will be ready for use.
You must carefully choose potatoes and take only healthy tops.
Emergency Control Methods
If the aphid was taken by surprise, then you can overcome it with the following emergency methods:
- Russian vodka. You need to put a spray bottle on the bottle of the cheapest vodka — and the product is ready! Vodka works great on aphids as a disinfectant. But it is worth considering that alcohol can harm the plant, leaving burns on it;
- Coca Cola. As in the previous recipe, you need to put on a spray bottle and spray pests from it on the neck of a Coke. Due to the fact that this drink contains phosphoric acid, this fact explains the detrimental effect of Coca-Cola on aphids;
- milk and iodine. If, in equal proportions, mix milk and iodine, then you can get a lethal remedy No. 1 for aphids. Perhaps this method is the most sparing for the damaged plant.
Plants against aphids
Instead of solutions and sprays, you can use plants that can withstand aphids:
- garlic, basil, onions and fennel with their subtle, but rather specific smell can repel aphids. That is why these plants are often planted in the garden;
- petunia, viburnum and bird cherry are plants that perform a distracting maneuver. With their smell, they distract the parasite from a cucumber or tomato, thus preserving the plant.
Birds and insects in the fight against aphids
To overcome aphids, you can use the help of our smaller brothers and thereby protect plants from bullying with chemicals.
Insects eating aphids:
To lure a particular type of insect should plant a certain culture. For example, daisies with their smell attract ground beetles, and lacewings most like ferns. If there is no place for planting a new culture, then in a regular flower pot you can throw wooden shavings and the presence of an earwig is provided to the summer resident!
Birds that eat aphids (but this is more likely for an open area):
In order to attract these birds to their plot, gardeners make small feeders. It should also be remembered that if you resort to this method of treating the garden from parasites, you should forget about the use of various chemicals, as birds can suffer from this.
Cola to fight aphids
Fighting aphids does not take much time and there are many ways to deal with it, which by force can be tested by every gardener.