Remedy for roaches regent
- 7 Natural Ways To Keep Cockroaches & Other Bugs Out Of Your House
- 1. Cinnamon
- 2. Essential Oils
- 4. Boric Ac >
- 5. Ugli Fruit
- 6. Cucumbers
- 7. Diatomaceous Earth
- Operating principle
- Application rules
- Choose a drug
- Mechanism of action on creeping insects
- How to prepare and apply a “killer”?
- Preparation “Regent 800”: an objective evaluation
- What are the disadvantages?
- User Reviews
- Ivan Mihajlovich, the pensioner
- Sergey, the driver
- Marina, student
- Single Insectic > Date: June 24, 2008 Source: Purdue University Summary: One dose of an insecticide can kill three generations of cockroaches as they feed off of each other and transfer the poison, according to entomologists who tested the effectiveness of a specific gel bait. Share:
7 Natural Ways To Keep Cockroaches & Other Bugs Out Of Your House
Summer means rosГ© all day, pool floats, and uninvited house guests that won’t leave, and I don’t mean your couch-surfing friends. These freeloaders are much worse вЂ” bugs. However, there are natural ways to keep cockroaches and other bugs out of your house this summer if you don’t want to cover your pad in harmful chemicals. It’s often said that only cockroaches will survive the apocalypse, and this might be true because these creepy crawlers вЂ” much like the dreaded bed bug вЂ” can survive almost anything.
But, all is not lost my friendlies. Whether it’s cockroaches, spiders, ants, earwigs, or any other type of insect, there are actually a lot of all-natch remedies to keep them away using things you probably already have in your kitchen. While it might be tempting to set off a bug bomb and be done with it, exposing yourself to pesticides is not without risk. Pesticide exposure can result in headaches, dizziness, nervousness, gastrointestinal distress, skin irritations, mood swings, fatigue, and a host of other unpleasant symptoms that could derail your summer plans.
What’s more, Mother Nature Network cited 16 studies that found that pesticide exposure during childhood can increase the risk for certain cancers. If that’s not your jam, turning to these all-natural remedies can rid your home of roaches, and other unwanted pests, without making you sick.
There’s nothing worse than waking up to a kitchen full of ants. These tiny yet determined pests tend to come inside when it’s hot outside, and they can be a nightmare to get rid of. To wipe out ants, turn to your spice cabinet, which probably contains a lone bottle of the only spice you need. “Sprinkling cinnamon around the house is a great way to keep bugs out,” Susan Patterson explained on Natural Living Ideas. “Experts say that if you sprinkle the cinnamon in a line around their point of entry, they wonвЂ™t cross it.”
2. Essential Oils
You likely know that lavender can lull you to sleep and peppermint oil can help you feel refreshed, but you might not know that these essential oils can also work as an all-natch insecticide. Spraying lavender or peppermint in closets, drawers, cupboards, and around baseboards can help repel bugs, according to the American College of Healthcare Sciences.
If you want to keep spiders from coming into your apartment and having thousands of little baby spiders, meet your new best friend vinegar. White vinegar contains acetic acid, which is harmful to spiders. Dilute some white vinegar with water and spray it along baseboards and any cracks where spiders can enter your home.
4. Boric Ac >
Cockroaches are one of the most detested creepy crawlers out there. And, they’re also one of the hardest pests to get rid of. But, there is a way to ensnare cockroaches and a host of other unwanted bugs by making your own roach traps with boric acid and powdered sugar. “The sugar lures the roaches, while the boric acid kills them. Although the boric acid isn’t toxic to people or pets, it can be irritating so keep it away from counters and places where little fingers and noses can reach,” Chanie Kirschner wrote for Mother Nature Network. “Sprinkle it under and behind the refrigerator, stove and dishwasher, under the sink, and into cracks along the edges of cabinets and pantries.”
5. Ugli Fruit
If you haven’t heard of ugli fruit, also known as the osage orange or hedge apple, this bumpy-looking-citrus fruit is not only good for you, it repels bugs like a boss. You can place this fruit, unpeeled, in corners, under your bed, and in your closet to keep myriad unwanted bugs at bay.
Apparently, cats, cockroaches, and ants are all put off by cucumbers. If you want to keep your cat inside and the ants and roaches outside, “Cut cucumber in small slices and place them on the likely entry point of ants in your kitchen. Ants have natural instinct to avoid the fragrance of cucumber,” the blog Den Garden advised. “Bitter cucumber slices works better.”
7. Diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous Earth is a magical white powder that works by dehydrating insects when they walk through it or breathe it in, and it’s my go to for eradicating every type of summer pest. Make sure to get food-grade DE, and sprinkle a very small amount around baseboards, entryways, and windowsills. You can also use it to treat your pets for fleas, and it’s one of the only things that successfully gets ride of bed bugs, which have apocalyptic-survival skills akin to that of roaches.
If you only opt for one all-natch pest treatment, this is the mother of all insect eradicators. Remember to use a small amount because insects will avoid large piles of DE; you need a lot less than you think. Also, you’ll want to avoid inhaling it since it is a powder that can irritate your airway, so be sure to wear a mask.
By opting for environmentally (and human) friendly solutions to keep your house or apartment free of summer bugs of the winged, eight-legged, and creepy crawly variety, you can help save the planet and your immune system. And, you can find pretty much everything you need in your kitchen cupboards, or at a nearby grocery store. The best part is that all of these items can be used for other things so purchasing them is never a waste. #TheMoreYouKnow
Regent 800 from cockroaches
Regent 800 from cockroaches
Individual protection means
It’s hard to find someone who is not familiar with cockroaches. The red mustachioed pest is a scourge of many high-rise buildings and private houses. Insects come in contact with dirty garbage and fresh food, spreading various infections. The most effective in controlling pests are insecticides. One such effective means is the cockroach regent, the instruction for use is described below.
Originally, Regent 800 was created to protect potato harvest from Colorado beetles. Who decided to try it on cockroaches, it is not known. However, it turned out that the Regent from the cockroaches testimonials confirm this, it is really a unique remedy that reliably protects the apartments from “uninvited guests”.
Regent 800 from cockroaches
Fipronil is a highly effective insecticide that acts irreproachably on baleen pests (in 1 kg of the drug it contains 800 g) as the active substance of the agent from the cockroaches of the Regent. Permethrin and chlorophos are auxiliary components. The remedy is one of the most poisonous compounds that are used to fight insects. The preparation is produced in the following types:
- the powdered product is packaged in polyethylene bags;
- in concentrated form the drug is poured into ampoules.
Regent 800 from cockroaches became very popular with the consumer, as it has a lot of advantages:
- A high degree of effectiveness makes it possible to apply the remedy even with very strong infection of the premises with the Prusaks.
- The product has no odor, which is one of the important advantages. After all, many insecticides, which have a specific flavor, are forced to leave the premises not only cockroaches, but also household members. Sometimes the smell of poison causes discomfort even to neighbors, penetrating through the ventilation holes.
- Absence of traces on the surface of furniture and walls when using the preparation. Wet cleaning is necessary after treatment with any insecticide. However, to limit the detergent and cloth is much more pleasant than to change the chemically damaged wallpaper.
- Economy – to process an average apartment, it is enough to buy a bag of powder or 1 ampoule of concentrate.
- To poison cockroaches Regent is simple enough – you just need to prepare the solution and use a spray to sprinkle the facility with the facility.
- Affordable cost of the drug.
The shortcomings of the tool can be attributed only to the absence of an instantaneous effect. But the residual action of the drug can get rid of even the newly hatched larvae.
You can buy the Regent in almost any hardware store in Moscow or order online.
Regent 800 from cockroaches
There are two ways in which the poison from cockroaches regent acts on insects:
- Through the digestive system. Poisoned components enter the esophagus and the nervous system, which leads to paralysis and the failure of internal organs. Within an hour, the insect dies.
- When the drug contacts the chitinous shell, the poison also penetrates into the insect’s body, besides the active substance remaining on the paws and the head antennae is the source of infection of other individuals.
Those who purchased the Regent preparation for the first time will be slightly puzzled by the principle of using the remedy, since the instructions indicate the method of preparation of the powder for combating pests of farmland. Information on how to apply the drug from cockroaches, there is no. Therefore, it should be specified by specialists or use the services of the Internet.
To destroy the Colorado beetle, 1 ampoule is bred on a bucket of water. However, given the fact that cockroaches are more enduring insects, the solution should be more concentrated (1 ampoule of poison is diluted in 0.2-0.25 liters of water). With a weak infestation of the premises, the Regent is bred similarly to the bullet from the cockroaches, the instruction for the insecticide is attached (for 1 liter of water 1 ampoule).
Regent is a poisonous preparation, it is dangerous not only for insects, but also for humans. Therefore, the preparation and spraying of the solution must be treated with all seriousness.
Individual protection means
When processing with Regent, the following recommendations should be adhered to:
- The person who works the room must have a protective kit, which includes glasses, gloves, a respirator and as much as possible closed clothing.
- From the room to be processed, it is necessary to withdraw children and pets. Also it is not recommended to leave room plants in it.
- Bed linen, personal hygiene items, baby clothes and toys are put in closets or packed in cellophane bags. Similarly come with food.
- The treatment of the room should begin with the places of a particularly large concentration of insects. Usually they are plinths, niches under the sinks or sinks, as well as the back of the furniture.
- After 1-1.5 hours, the room should be thoroughly ventilated.
- All surfaces are treated with saline solution, this will help neutralize chemicals that have settled on them.
- The cockroach regent can also be used for preventive purposes (1 package is diluted in 1.5-2 liters of water).
In order to obtain the maximum effect when using the Regent from cockroaches, it is necessary to restore order in the apartment, to fix the problems of sanitary ware and sewerage, to close the ventilation holes and to plaster the slots with a mosquito net. Such simple tips will help to prevent the penetration of insects into your apartment.
Used the Regent at the dacha, treating them potatoes. Was very surprised when I learned that the drug also helps against cockroaches. Decided to try. And he was struck by the result after the first treatment, and in 2 weeks not a single prusak in the apartment was not. A powerful tool, I recommend to all.
With such a problem, as the cockroaches had to face when moved to a new apartment. Apparently the previous owners did not pay much attention to them, since the Prusaks could walk even in the daytime. I used a lot of means, however, neither crayons, nor traps, nor even effective gels could completely eradicate pests – after a time cockroaches appeared again. This continued until the mother-in-law told her friend about the dacha about the invasion of domestic pests. It was she who advised to use the preparation Regent from cockroaches. And, about a miracle, the remedy turned out to be really effective – for more than 2 months we have not seen parasites in our apartment.
Cockroaches simply tortured, than only did not try to poison them. When once again came to the store, the seller advised me to take the Regent. I will not hide, some doubts still existed when I learned that the remedy was from the Colorado potato beetle. But I decided to buy it. Within a week I did not meet a single cockroach in the kitchen. I am very grateful to the woman who suggested the tool, and the manufacturer, of course. The regent is an excellent preparation.
As soon as a person does not excel to get rid of the annoying neighborhood in the “face” of a mustachioed yellow or black cockroach? It is these two kinds that bother us in apartments and houses. What are the only poisons they do not experience, but they are “more alive than all living”. And yet, hope dies last. At the moment, insecticides are considered to be the most effective anti-insect preparations. In various forms, packages, they are produced in large quantities. These can be aerosols, gels, dusts (powders), crayons. It is hard not to get lost in names, manufacturers, characteristics and reviews of a particular drug, often diametrically opposed. This is due not only to the flooding of the market for funds from cockroaches by fakes, but also to non-compliance with instructions for their use, and
accustoming parasites to increasingly sophisticated poisons. It is adaptability to external environmental conditions, endurance, fast limbs that help insects avoid danger and adapt to living conditions.
With cockroaches you need to fight proven means
Choose a drug
- When choosing an insecticide, it is necessary to read his “resume”.
- Then to address to neighbors, colleagues who dealt with the advertised means, to listen to different opinions.
- Rummage in social networks, go to forums and pages of online stores. That’s where the answer is often, where to buy a really effective drug.
- The most effective, but also expensive, today are all kinds of gels. However, an impressive result is also observed from the use of water-dispersible granules of Regent 800 from cockroaches. You can find it on the shelves of hardware stores, as a means of combating the Colorado beetle.
Mechanism of action on creeping insects
Powdered product, tested for years, refers to the 2nd class of danger. The formula is based on fipronil – an insecticide of strong and all-round impact. The composition also includes chlorophos (15%) and permethrin (10%). Due to the powder form, the insecticide penetrates, on the one hand, into the insect organism through the gastrointestinal tract, and on the other – through the upper integument of the body. Such intestinal contact effects a double blow, paralyzing the nervous system eventually, causing paralysis, which results in a fatal outcome.
But the Regent’s impact does not stop there. Adhering to the antennae, calf, limbs cockroach, powder is brought into the colony, infecting other insects. The action of the poison is gradual. The infected parasite manages to spread it to all places of its habitation and only then it dies. If the cockroach itself after “eating” perishes for an hour, then the infected “fellow” it’s process is somewhat stretched in time.
How to prepare and apply a “killer”?
Powder is sold in sealed packaging (bags) weighing 100 grams. Before you break it, the instruction is carefully studied. All further manipulations should be carried out with rubber gloves and a respirator.
The use of the solution as a solution requires dilution with water. There are no clear instructions, specifically about cockroaches, not given. But in practice this proportion has been achieved:
- when used for preventive purposes: the package is diluted in 1.5-2 liters of water;
- when the insects are heavily charged with water, only a glass is taken;
- can be another form – ampoules of 5 ml (then one, and preferably 2 ampoules will replace 1 packet of powder).
When mixed, an opaque composition that resembles the color of milk should be obtained. For the best application of a dispersed water-powder mixture it is better to pour it into a container with a spray. Then the actions should be as follows:
- close all windows, turn off the hood;
- isolate products, clean water;
- bring out house flowers;
- to direct the stream of means to those places where the accumulation of insects was observed, especially to the will of closed kitchen cabinets under the sink, near the trash can, in the cracks between the slabs, window frames and the wall, near the rapids;
- at the sink, where the cockroaches creep out on the “watering hole” to spray especially carefully;
- do not forget to process the floor under the cabinets, the walls of the furniture, etc.;
- pay special attention to the interior surfaces of the sofas.
Another option for applying the product is with a cotton swab. The same concentration (for 200 g of water 1 packet). All surfaces and “paths” of cockroaches are wiped.
The treated premise should be kept without ventilation for 1.5-2 hours, after which it should be well ventilated. The surfaces touched by a person or an animal are wiped. The floor is rinsed, leaving places that children and animals can not reach. If Regent enters the skin during disinsection, it should be washed off immediately. After finishing work, wash hands with soap and water.
Preparation “Regent 800”: an objective evaluation
Like any remedy, the cockroach regent has its pros and cons. The bonuses include:
- price, available to a wide range of consumers;
- the same effectiveness, both for small populations and for severe pollution;
- economy: only 1 sachet (or 2 ampoules) is enough to process the apartment;
- convenient form: it is easy to prepare the solution, it is enough to dilute the insecticide with water in the proper proportion;
- after drying the preparation does not leave traces on any surfaces, and also a smell.
Regent 800 is delivered in this form
What are the disadvantages?
- Cockroaches do not die instantly;
- the agent is quite toxic;
- It takes time to process large areas;
- during pest control, you have to vacate the premises.
And even with these insignificant disadvantages, the Regent can be safely called effective.
Ivan Mihajlovich, the pensioner
I “Regent” processed eggplants in the country. And then a neighbor advised them to put the cockroaches on. I adapted under this case a bottle of mineral water. I pierced the cap with a needle – the spray gun is ready! I was upset at first because, as soon as it did not help, the cockroaches ran along the kitchen in the same quick way. And in the morning I was already harvesting.
Sergey, the driver
It seems to me that one Regent is rather weak against cockroaches. I was safe and put a couple more traps. Working.
The Regent did not help me. But before this, I did not poison these cockroaches! And gels, and sprays, and acid balls. They are probably used to everything. It seems to me that only fire will help get rid of the annoying neighborhood. To set fire to this bug-laying hostel, or what?
In their own home, the effect of pest control is much higher. In the apartment, where there are ways of retreat, it is more difficult to fight. Therefore, it is better to poison insects at the same time and neighbors near walls, and also from above and from below. But before that, carefully prick up, putty, cracks. Hang the protective grids on the ventilation grilles.
Prevention is also not a problem. To do this, leave the trash for an overnight empty or cover with a lid, clean food, carry out a wet cleaning. Well, the Regent, at least once a week, should be applied in a weak concentration for the purpose of prevention.
Preparation Regent 800 has long been on the market, so in special advertising does not need. With the global network of thematic videos, we could not find. Therefore, we offer simply useful advice from the active reader of our blog.
One dose of an insecticide can kill three generations of cockroaches as they feed off of each other and transfer the poison, according to Purdue University entomologists who tested the effectiveness of a specific gel bait.
It is the first time that scientists have shown that a pest control bait will remain effective when it’s transferred twice after the first killing dose, said Grzegorz “Grzesiek” Buczkowski, assistant professor of entomology. Passing the insecticide from one cockroach to the next is called horizontal transfer.
“Our findings are exciting because cockroaches are difficult to control since they multiply so rapidly,” Buczkowski said. “They are especially bad in urban housing, and they can cause health problems.”
It’s difficult to find and rid areas of the insects because cockroaches come out at night and live in inaccessible places, he said. They invade places where they easily can find plenty of food and water. In addition, cockroaches are attracted to where other cockroaches are by a chemical compound, called pheromones, that animals secrete and which influences other cockroaches’ behavior.
In a laboratory study, the scientists used German cockroaches, the most common household species in the United States, to test a DuPont product with the active ingredient indoxacarb. Although the researchers only studied indoxacarb, Buczkowski said it’s possible other insecticides also may have three-generation horizontal transfer kill capabilities.
In the first transfer of the insecticide from a dying adult to the youngest stage nymphs, an average of 76 percent of these cockroaches also succumbed to the indoxacarb-containing excretions from the dying cockroaches, the researchers report in the June issue of the Journal of Economic Entomology. In the third stage of transfer, or tertiary kill, an average of 81 percent of the adult male cockroaches that ate the dead nymphs’ bodies also died. Both statistics were taken 72 hours after the insects were exposed to a cockroach already affected by indoxacarb.
Mortality of cockroaches at the fourth level, three times removed from the original insecticide dose, was not any higher than for those insects that hadn’t been exposed to the insecticide through any method, said Buczkowski, director of the Purdue Industrial Affiliates Program.
Adult German cockroaches are a shiny orangey tan and about half an inch long. The youngest nymphs, as used in this study, are called first instars and are one to five days old. Nymphs go through five stages on their way to adulthood.
In addition to attracting more cockroaches with the pheromones in their feces, the insects can cause other problems.
“Cockroaches molt their skin as they go from one nymph stage to the next, and there is a huge accumulation of the skin left in the areas where they live,” Buczkowski said. “The dead skin becomes airborne and causes allergies and asthma. It’s really the biggest problem with cockroaches.”
Buczkowski plans to investigate tertiary kill with other cockroach baits and possibly look at horizontal transfer of insecticides in natural settings rather than just in the laboratory.
The other researchers involved in this study were Gary Bennett, Purdue entomology professor, and Clay Scherer, global product development manager for DuPont Professional Products.
The Purdue Industrial Affiliates Program and DuPont funded this project. The Purdue faculty members involved in the research have no financial interest in DuPont or its insecticide Advion® Cockroach Gel.