ROACHES IN YOUR REFRIGERATOR: HOW TO GET RID OF THEM! Broomz And Packerz
Cockroaches in the refrigerator and other household appliances are common
- 1 Cockroaches in the refrigerator and other household appliances are common
- 2 ROACHES IN YOUR REFRIGERATOR: HOW TO GET RID OF THEM!
- 3 What Causes Cockroach Infestation?
- 4 Removing Roaches from your Fridge
- 5 Got Cockroaches In Your Kitchen? Here’s How to Get Rid of Them
- 6 Eliminating Roaches From Your Kitchen
- 7 Roach Free Kitchen Clean Up Tips
- 8 How to Get Rid of Cockroaches in Kitchen Cabinets
- 9 How to Remove Cockroaches From Refrigerator
- 10 Cockroaches
- 11 What are cockroaches?
- 12 Are cockroaches dangerous?
- 13 Why do I have a cockroach problem?
- 14 Where will I find cockroaches?
- 15 How do I get rid of cockroaches?
- 16 How can I prevent cockroaches in the future?
- 17 Request Your Free Inspection
- 18 Recent Blog Articles
- 19 The Secret To Keeping Fire Ants Away From Your Tulsa Property
- 20 The Key To Knowing If You Have A Termite Problem On Your Tulsa Property
An automated Janitorial, Cleaning and Fumigation Service Company
Agungi Lekki, 100 Akanni-Ajiran Rd,
09:00 — 18:00 Monday to Saturday
ROACHES IN YOUR REFRIGERATOR: HOW TO GET RID OF THEM!
- janitorial services
- ROACHES IN YOUR REFRIGERATOR: HOW TO GET RID OF THEM!
ROACHES IN YOUR REFRIGERATOR: HOW TO GET RID OF THEM!
Imagine getting back from work, tired and very thirsty. You open the fridge, and voilà there’s an unwelcome guest! WHAT DO YOU DO? You wouldn’t even grab the bottle water anymore, right? Wondering how the roaches got there? Let’s discuss in detail how the roaches got there and what preventive actions can be taken in order to avoid them.
Can roaches live in the fridge?
Just because there’s an uncovered or exposed food, a roach can survive anywhere. But, the fridge is not the idle place for a roach to survive beacuse of it’s cool temperature. In rainy seasons in Nigeria, you hardly see cockroaches, this shows that they aren’t really comfortable in the cold temperature. So, if you see a roach in your fridge, it has probably entered by mistake (though I doubt Lekki, Lagos Roaches knows that , those ones are gangsters. lol).
What Causes Cockroach Infestation?
Cockroaches are quite resilient and killing them isn’t always a walk in the park. They are a repetitive common problem in every household, especially in every kitchen. They are nowhere to be seen during the day but as soon as you turn the lights off, they start roaming around the house carrying harmful germs and diseases. Since cockroaches proliferate quickly, you need to take fast action to rid your home of these unwanted guests. Cockroaches does more than damage your health with bacteria, they damage even the clothes, electronics, books and other goods and appliances. There are certain things that invite cockroaches into your home and I think it’s worth knowing about the causes behind cockroach infestation.
The first is of course, UNCOVERED/ EXPOSED FOOD – Food for cockroaches can be human food, pet food or even cardboards. This means that all food items should be properly covered and tightly secured and cardboards sealed and stored away properly. If any food is infested with roaches, dispose immediately. Keep your kitchen counters clean and seal the dry foods in a cabinet or the fridge.
The next would be DARK, DAMP SPOTS in your home – Since cockroaches can go without food but love moist surfaces, they tend to stay hidden in the blind spots of our houses. It might be the area near the trash receptacle , or a certain spot in the kitchen where light doesn’t reach or cluttered shelves and what not. Just make sure you clean all the dingy parts of the house regularly to avoid roach infestation.
The third cause is EXPOSED TRASH- hmmm, I am number 1 on this table. We need to know that the wet scraps of food, liquid and cardboard boxes in the trash help the cockroaches to thrive. Always empty the bin before it overflows. Don’t keep trash overnight in the kitchen. Clean the bin and the area around the bin to keep the bugs away and you are good to go.
Removing Roaches from your Fridge
There are so many ways to remove the roaches from the fridge, but do remember that these measures should not include any chemical substance, if it’s to be used inside the fridge.
The repellents which can be used inside the fridge to remove the roaches can be:
- Sugar and Borax : Borax is a known remedy for roach infestation that slowly dries the exoskeleton of the insects, messes up their digestive system and finally kills them. Instead of borax, you can also use boric acid or baking soda. Sugar helps attract the cockroaches to your trap. Here’s how to use the ingredients:
- Mix borax and sugar in 3:1 ratio.
- Spread this mixture around spots where you have noticed the roaches at night. (Make sure to wear gloves during spreading the mixture.)
- Be prepared to dispose off some dead cockroaches in the morning.
- Repeat the process for a few following days.
- (Please note that Borax can be gotten from jumia.com.ng or any other departmental store)
- Peppermint Oil: Peppermint oil is a worthy cockroach repellent and cockroach killer. A peppermint oil spray does the job in a non-toxic way and is hence safe to use around children. Here’s how you can use peppermint oil to kill cockroaches:
- Mix 15 drops of peppermint oil with 10 ounces of water.
- Mix these two thoroughly and spray around cockroach infested areas.
- Repeat the process for best results.
- Neem: A preventive and safe method which can be used to properly remove roaches and its smell will be a great repellent. Neem has been used traditionally as a bug repellent for years. Neem oil or powder contains volatile components that are detrimental to cockroaches. Here’s how you can use neem to keep those roaches away:
- Pour a spoon of neem oil in a regular sized spray bottle and fill it with water. Spray the mixture in the infested areas at night and repeat the process for as long as you need.
- Another way is to sprinkle neem powder along places where you have noticed cockroaches. Do this at night and repeat the process for as long as required.
- Kaffir Essential Oil: Makrut lime or kaffir lime leaves are steam distilled to obtain oil. This oil is a very active cockroach repellent. Here is how you can use this particular oil to ward off cockroaches.
- Pour 10 drops of kaffir lime oil in about 2 cups of water.
- Pour the solution in a spray bottle and spray the mix on and around infected areas.
- Pour the remaining mix in your sinks and drains.
- Repeat the process for as long as required.
- Silica aerogel : is a desiccant that speeds up water loss and induces dehydration. As per studies, when cockroaches are exposed to this substance, the outer layer of the roaches dries up, which makes the insects lose moisture and eventually die. It is quite an effective ingredient to get rid of cockroaches. Here is how you can use silica aerogel to kill cockroaches:
- Mix silica aerogel and sugar in 3:1 ratio.
- Sprinkle this mix around and on cockroach-infested places. Make sure you keep away children and pets from those areas.
- Repeat the process for as long as necessary.
- (Ps: I always get mine from any new bag I purchase )
- Detergent and water: Studies say, that the mixture of water and soap suffocates cockroaches and kills them in a while. Here’s how you can use detergent to naturally kill cockroaches:
- Mix 4 spoons of powdered or liquid detergent in a litre of water.
- Pour it in a spray bottle and spray it along places where you have noticed the roaches.
- Repeat the process for as long as required.
- Coffee Grounds: The aroma of the grounded coffee attracts the cockroaches into the trap. It is one of the most effective natural ways to kill cockroaches. However, we are not yet sure, that it’s the caffeine in the coffee that does the job. Here’s how you can use grounded coffee to kill cockroaches:
- Put coffee grounds in small paper cups.
- Place these cups in water-filled jars.
- Place the jar against walls or baseboards around places where you have noticed the roaches at night.
- The cockroaches will be lured into the trap and will not be able to escape.
- Dump the contains of the jar in the morning.
- Repeat the process for as long as required.
- Baking soda: expands when it comes in contact with water and hence it is efficient to kill cockroaches. When I say baking soda, I mean the edible baking soda that is used in bakeries. Here’s how you can use edible baking soda to get rid of cockroaches naturally:
- Mix equal parts of baking soda and sugar.
- Sprinkle the mix in the corners, nooks and crannies where you have noticed cockroaches.
- The sugar will attract the roaches and consuming the baking soda will kill them.
- Repeat the process as many times as required.
- Listerine Mouth Wash: this is my all time favorite because it is always available at home. The essential oils present in Listerine spray are what kill the cockroaches. Not only Listerine but any brand of mouthwash will do the job. The menthol in Listerine is found to be most effective in repelling and killing cockroaches among the 86 essential oils tested by researchers. Here’s how you can use Listerine to kill cockroaches naturally:
- Mix one cup of Listerine with one cup of water.
- You can add 3-4 drops of dish-washing liquid in it as well.
- Pour the mixture in a spray bottle and spray it around cockroach-infested spots.
- Repeat the process for as long as required.
- Garlic, Onion and Pepper : What a combination! I hate the smell of garlic and onions so why won’t it not repel the roaches? The smell of garlic and onion will lure the cockroaches out. The pepper in the mix will repel and kill the cockroaches. This is an overnight method of killing the roaches naturally. Here’s how you can use these three ingredients to kill the cockroaches:
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil, add the catnip herb and then boil it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cool down the mix and pour this catnip tea in a spray bottle.
- Spray this on and around areas where you have noticed the cockroaches.
- Repeat the process until your house is completely cockroach free.
- Cucumber peel : this doesn’t look very threatening but it can help you get rid of those disgusting roaches if you follow the following method properly.
- Put a cup of fresh cucumber peels in an aluminium can.
- Place this can around places where you have noticed cockroaches.
- The stench of the cucumber peels, when placed in an aluminium can, can suffocate and kill cockroaches.
- Repeat this process daily until your home is cockroach-free.
- Lemon juice: this is an easy and pleasant-smelling way to get rid of the cockroaches. Lemons possess anti-pathogenic properties that keep the roaches away. Here’s how you can use lemon juice to naturally kill cockroaches:
- Add two to three spoons of lemon juice in a bucket of water.
- Mix the two well and dip your mop in it.
- Wipe the places where you have noticed cockroaches.
- Repeat the process for as long as required.
- White Vinegar : There will be no foul odor or mess with this method of killing cockroaches. Here’s how you can use white vinegar to kill these ugly insects:
- Mix one cup of water with one cup of white vinegar.
- Pour the mix in a spray bottle and shake well until they are well combined.
- Spray the solution in places where you have noticed roach infestation.
- Repeat the process every night until your home is cockroach-free.
Even though, it has been certified that roaches can’t survive the cool temperature, but it doesn’t mean they won’t enter. In other to avoid this, the fridge and the areas around it should properly be cleaned.
Proper cleanliness is the main factor to remove the roaches. Proper lids on the food products should be kept in order to avoid the roaches inside the fridge.
If there’s a serious infestation and nothing is working. You probably should take help from professionals. Pest control is an ongoing process, it has to be done often and hence Broomz and Packerz Integrated Services offers you the best money back guaranteed services you can get. Get a free quote or call them on (234)8037763006.
After their help, you should keep all the preventive measures in mind in order to avoid the roaches in your surroundings.
an automated janitorial service company in Lagos, Nigeria
Got Cockroaches In Your Kitchen? Here’s How to Get Rid of Them
Actually, the cockroaches are irritating creatures live in our home. They are not only one of the most common pests living in the homes, restaurants, schools and grocery stores.
The cockroaches are also one of the eldest pests that can signify a potential risk to the human health, when they pollute food, spread bacteria and disease and also even linked with the allergic reactions.
So, keeping your house as well as other environments clean is one of the most efficient ways of preventing the cockroach infestation.
But, once you have them, you will want to know how to get rid of cockroaches. Below are four easy methods that can assist you to eliminate cockroaches once and for all that include:
- Initially, discover the infestation
- Remove harbourage around tiles, heater pipes, sink pipes and loose tiles
- Remove the water and food sources
- Consider the proper cockroach treatment either chemical or non-chemical that can support to kill cockroaches
Eliminating Roaches From Your Kitchen
Generally, the cockroaches contain the most diverse and plentiful of living creatures in the atmosphere. These cockroaches are considered to be a household nuisance pest arthropod that can influence the health of a human being.
In fact, the human health is based on internal and external elements. These cockroaches also play an essential ecological role that is actually harmful to the human health; because they offer a medium for the shipment of specific harmful microbes.
Moreover, the cockroaches are considered being allergens for severe people as well as serve to be a top-secret opponent of the individual. Thus, their management and control must be taken into a consideration.
Normally, the cockroaches are seen in the bathrooms, kitchen areas and also near gutters in the houses. They can also be discovered in several different other hidden places.
They can produce some form of strange voices and offensive odor that you usually experience in kitchen. If you wish to know how to get rid of cockroaches in kitchen, here are some useful tips that you can try includes:
- Find the place where they are coming from
- Cleanliness of dirt place to remove cockroaches
- Proper food storage and sealed it carefully
- Use of a good roach killer
- Herbs to use in order to kill cockroaches
- Use the cockroach traps
Roach Free Kitchen Clean Up Tips
When you think of a household pest, you may possibly think of a cockroach. Also, you should think about what is the best way to get rid of them as quick and simple as possible.
- When you have found more cockroaches in your kitchen, it is much essential to change your kitchen routines.
- You should instantly wipe down any surface used while preparing food and also sweep out the kitchen every day or two days once.
- You should also store the wastes individually in a big plastic container that seals closely and either compost it outside or just throw it away while taking out the trash.
- At night time, you have to lump and dry your sinks to keep cockroaches from entering the drains or simply locating water.
How to Get Rid of Cockroaches in Kitchen Cabinets
Different species of cockroaches are living in the landscape or home. You may get much difficulty with cockroaches in kitchen cabinets and think about how to overcome such difficulty hereafter.
It is the best suitable time to concentrate on how to throw out cockroaches in your home in particular kitchen cabinets. There are different techniques used for eliminating cockroaches from kitchen cabinets and other areas of your home.
If you maintain good sanitation practices, then you can enhance your approach to get rid of cockroaches in your kitchen. You have to remove every object from the kitchen cabinet and properly vacuum every crumb out of cracks. You can store foods in the plastic or glass containers with tight-fitting lids.
Many women maintain their kitchen cabinets free from cockroaches. They keep garbage as well as recyclables in containers with some tight-fitting lids. They avoid piling cardboard, newspapers and other materials as these materials harbor cockroaches.
They also avoid damp spots and repair leaks almost immediately. This is because they understand that moist conditions welcome cockroaches. Cockroaches invade the kitchen and seek food at night. They hide in dark places and protected spots. You have to seal or caulk every crack in the cupboard as well as an exterior of any other structure.
This is worthwhile to inspect every furniture item, food delivery and appliance for cockroaches. You can improve the air circulation and light next to the building by removing stacked wood and pruning back overgrown vegetation.
Trapping is one of the best methods to capture some cockroaches. You can use the trap as a monitoring tool. You can use this tool to find whether or not cockroaches available in your kitchen cabinet.
If you search for sticky traps for sale on online, then you can get loads of choices and seek how to choose and buy one of these traps. Once you have bought the trap, you have to place it close to the area where you suspect cockroaches active.
In general, cockroaches are available in the kitchen cabinets, behind the kitchen appliances and every corner of the room. You have to inspect this trap day after day and find where cockroaches enter, feed and live. You have to dispose all traps in the sealed plastic bag in the trash.
Many men and women prefer and use commercially available refillable bait stations and disposable chemical-based products to hold gel, pellets or paste of the bait which contains the imidacloprid, hydramethylnon or boric acid. You can choose, buy and use the bait station with the child-resistant nature.
You have to use this bait station in the place which cannot be reached by pets and children. This is advisable to use the dust which contains boric acid can be used for controlling the cockroaches. Use a light film of dust in areas like under sinks to get rid of cockroaches.
Take note of benefits and drawbacks of the products and methods used to throw out cockroaches right now. You will make a good decision and use one of these methods.
How to Remove Cockroaches From Refrigerator
Cockroaches are a usual household insect that shelter in apparatuses and other hot indoor places because most varieties of cockroaches have arisen from tropical areas.
So they like to hide in warm areas like the fans and the motor region of the refrigerator. They are very alive at night time when they hunt for water and food. When you switch on the lamp in a dark kitchen, you can notice cockroaches escaping into holes and edges.
They fly to egg trays and small brown bits or droppings near a packed refrigerator. Cockroaches breed pretty fast. Thus, if you have seen one cockroach now, be ready to get it outside of your house.
The refrigerator contains all of your preferred snacks and drinks, however, they also shelter one item you nevermore aspire to see in your house, cockroaches!
It is challenging to control if cockroaches sheltered in the parts of the refrigerator. Due to the refrigerator case usually warms up and diffuses heat, cockroaches particularly like to use the wintertime and breed in it.
The fundamental thing you need to arrange is to clear away everything inside your refrigerator notably berries and sweets can be tasted by cockroaches. Then, retain your refrigerator in high temperature because they don’t yield matured egg if it is very cold.
Steps For Banishing Roaches From The Refrigerator
Boric Acid: It is very reasonable to buy. Use it as very fine powder wherever you see cockroach movement. Shortly you can see the difference in your home that there will be no cockroaches or rarely find one and continue to use Boric acid if you see any roaches.
Combat gold or platinum: This is the best remedy and you can spray it wherever you observe cockroach which is filled with a chemical in the syringe which also find in the form of glue so you can apply it on the appliances or to the wall. It works in chain reason method if one cockroach eats the glue, it dies and the other roaches eat the dead one, fortunately, they too die, it continues and you can see the count will be reduced.
Don’t utilize poisons inside your refrigerator. Clear it out and unplug it to make it to room temperature. You can use the Boric acid outside the fridge and Combat gold plastic inside a warm refrigerator and wait for two days. Then take out the combat gold and use a Clorox solution for the entire cleaning process of a refrigerator and lock the door of the refrigerator for a day. Wash it out over with soapy water and later you can run your fridge.
Do not use diatomaceous clay or silica powder near children or people with breathing troubles.
Do not leave boric acid to get on kids or pets. Sprays may help roaches to separate to different areas. So be careful while handling the steps taken to remove the cockroach from your refrigerator.
Enjoy using cockroach free refrigerator with your favorite foods and drinks.
What are cockroaches?
Cockroaches are some of the most common insects. They live worldwide and are highly adaptable, which is why they are able to successfully live in many different environments. Cockroaches are scavengers, and will make themselves at home inside any home or business. In general, cockroaches have flattened, oval-shaped bodies and six legs, which are covered in spines. Most species are winged, but not all can fly or are great fliers. They have antennae that are about the length of their bodies.
Three of the more common species of cockroach found causing problems for home and business owners in our area of Oklahoma include:
German cockroaches are a small species of cockroach. They are light brown or tan in color, with two distinctive black stripes running horizontally down behind their heads.
American cockroaches are the largest species of household-invading cockroach living in the United States. They are dark, reddish-brown in color, and they have a lighter color outlining their bodies. They also have a unique yellow-colored figure-eight pattern that is located behind their heads.
Oriental cockroaches have smooth bodies that are shiny black in color. These cockroaches emit a powerful, musty, foul-smelling odor.
Are cockroaches dangerous?
Cockroaches are considered dangerous pests. Before finding their way into your home or business, cockroaches were living in, feeding on, and traveling through dirty areas such as garbage piles, drains, sewers, excrement, and carrion. Cockroaches carry on their bodies and legs a wide range of viruses, bacteria, parasites, and human pathogens that they leave on the surfaces of your home, food, food prep areas, utensils, and dishes. They also have the potential to destroy paper products and fabrics, and they may stain surfaces they come into contact with. In addition, cockroaches’ shed skins and feces can cause allergic reactions and skin rashes, or trigger asthma attacks in people, especially in children.
Why do I have a cockroach problem?
Cockroaches have the potential to become pests in any structure that has food preparation or storage areas in it. That means almost any home and business can be invaded by cockroaches at any time. They enter homes and buildings on their own through cracks and crevices in the foundation, gaps in siding, spaces underneath and around windows and doors, and any other entrance point they find. Cockroaches are also brought into homes and businesses accidentally inside used furniture, appliances, cardboard boxes, deliveries, and potted plants.
Where will I find cockroaches?
American cockroaches prefer to nest outside underneath mulch, in trees, in flower beds, and inside sewer systems. Oriental cockroaches need to live in areas with high humidity. Outside, they are often found in sewers, piles of garbage, leaf piles, wood piles, and underneath landscaping timbers and fallen, decaying logs. German cockroaches prefer to live inside, and are common pests inside homes and restaurants. They are usually found nesting in warm, damp locations like kitchens, basements, bathrooms, and laundry rooms.
Both German and American cockroaches may move inside while foraging for food, or if the weather outside becomes unsuitable for them to live comfortably. Inside, they hide out and nest in moist, warm areas that are close to food sources like bathrooms, kitchens, basements, and crawl spaces.
How do I get rid of cockroaches?
The easiest way to control and prevent cockroach infestations is with the help of a qualified professional. At Mid America Pest Control our dedicated technicians provide the year-round services needed to rid your residential or commercial property of cockroaches. Mid America Pest Control is committed to using innovative and eco-friendly solutions to remove cockroaches and other household-invading pests, and prevent their return. To learn more about how to eliminate cockroaches from your Pryor, Oklahoma home or business, contact us at Mid America Pest Control and schedule your free 58-Point Pest Analysis.
How can I prevent cockroaches in the future?
The best way to prevent problems with cockroaches and other household-invading pests is to seek professional pest control from Mid America Pest Control. In addition to our professional services, the following tips can help to prevent problems with cockroaches:
Eliminate as many entrance points as possible by sealing gaps or cracks in your home’s foundation and exterior walls.
Make sure that weather stripping is placed around all exterior windows and doors.
Install door sweeps and replace any torn screens.
Reduce moisture levels in and around your home by repairing leaky pipes, fixtures, and drains, and using dehumidifiers.
Remove food sources by making sure outdoor trash cans have locking lids placed on them.
Keep all food in your home or business inside airtight containers or in the refrigerator.
Regularly wipe down counters.
Vacuum or sweep floors frequently.
Inspect packages, boxes, appliances, plants, and furniture for signs of roaches before bringing them inside.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.
Recent Blog Articles
The Secret To Keeping Fire Ants Away From Your Tulsa Property
Fire ants in Tulsa are mostly a nuisance, but they have the potential to be serious pests. So, what do you do when there are potentially dangerous ants coming into your Tulsa yard? And, more importantly, how do you keep them away? Here’s what you need to know. Read More
The Key To Knowing If You Have A Termite Problem On Your Tulsa Property
We all know how important your home is to you, so we are here today to make sure termites are not silently ruining it. Are you ready? The key to knowing if your Tulsa property has termites is coming right up. Read More