How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs — Diy Pests Control
Diy Pests Control
- 1 Diy Pests Control
- 2 How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- 3 How to get rid of bed bugs
- 4 Ways of dealing with bedbugs
- 5 How to get rid of household bugs
- 6 How to get rid of bedbugs at home — general rules, folk and chemicals
- 7 Habitats and signs of availability
- 8 What are the bugs dangerous?
- 9 How to deal with bedbugs in an apartment
- 10 Reasons for the appearance
- 11 How to get rid of bed bugs on the couch
- 12 How to get rid of linen bugs
- 13 What exactly does not help get rid of bugs
- 14 Is it possible to get rid of bugs forever?
- 15 Prevention
- 16 The content of the article
- 17 How to get rid of bedbugs
- 18 Signs of the presence of insects
- 19 The cycle of development of bed bugs
- 20 Insecticides
- 21 Folk remedies
- 22 Safety Rules and Processing Steps
- 23 Cleaning the bed and sofa
- 24 What does a bed bug eat?
- 25 Where do bed bugs come from?
- 26 How to get rid of bed bugs yourself?
Kill Your Pests and Insects With DIY Pests Control ideas and products
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
February 18, 2020
Bedbugs are small insects who feed on the blood of human or animals. Its looks like oval have flat bodies and they are apple seed in size and when they feed their bodies swell and look reddish color. They can move on floors and walls. Their numbers can increase quickly because the female bedbugs may lay hundreds of eggs size of speck of dust.
Each nymph’s changes its skin before it gets maturity. Bedbugs who are not mature yet called nymphs. When they change shed require blood. They can develop its self within a month if conditions are best and can produce three generation in a year.
Where Can Bedbugs Can Hide
Bedbugs can enter in our houses through cloths, couches and beds. Because they have flattened body they can easily fit their self into small places too. They don’t have nests and live in hidden places. There initial places are box spring, bed frames and headboards where they can easily hunt. Normally lives in groups. They may leave the beds and find some other hidden places like in other room or apartments. Because their only feed is blood so if they are in your home this doesn’t mean that you house or room is dirty but they are also available in neat and clean houses.
When Bedbugs Can Bite
Bedbugs are active in the night and usually bite us when we are sleeping. They withdraw blood through elongated beak. They feed from three to 10 times and then crawl away. When the bite it’s painless and itches welts after time. This can be anywhere on the skin where they can bite. The bites don’t have red spots. We don’t even know that some bedbug bite us we are thinking problems such as mosquitoes etc.
Signs of Bedbug Infestation
When you sleep normal and wake up with itches then its first sign that bedbugs bite you. Especially if we got used bed or furniture around when and where the bite us. Other signs are
. Blood Stains on sheets
. Dark or rusty spots of bedbugs on sheets and mattresses
. Bedbug fecal spots or egg shells, shed skins where they hide
. An offensive, musty odor from bugs scents glands.
If you have found any signs then remove all bedding immediately and check whether it is a bedbugs or their excrement. Also check the area around the, including telephones, radios, carpets and electrical outlets. If you are unable to find it yourself then call an exterminator. If you find any symptoms then start it treatment immediately.
Treatments of Bedbugs
First of all clean all the places where you find bedbugs I.e.
. Clean beds, curtains and clothing. Try to wash in hot water and dry it nicely.
. Scrub the mattress and remove the bugs and their eggs.
. Vacuum the bed after few days. When vacuumed place the vacuum cleaner in a bag and through it into garbage.
. Bedbugs can live a year without feed so try to cover our mattress at least one year and then change it. In this way all bugs will died without feed. Make sure the bed cover is fully packed.
. Repairs wallpaper with plaster and glue so that bugs cannot enter into it.
. Get rid of clutter around bed.
If you want to change the mattress due to bedbugs be careful to the rest of the house and make sure to kill these bugs so that they will not enter into your mattress.
Extermination of Bedbugs
When cleaning the infested area that will obliviously help in controlling bedbugs. We may use chemical treatment to get rid of them. And when we use these insecticides into our bed or bedroom it can be very harmful that’s why we should use products that are safe for bedrooms. Read carefully chemical precautions that it can be used for bedrooms.
How to do Bedbug spray
Bug spray contains such ingredients that can protect us from bugs to bite. Here are some directions to use bug spray
. Use low concentration of DEET.
. Take a look of graphics that shows how long the product will protects us form bugs and mosquito.
. Just apply to those parts of bodies that will expose to bugs.
. Don’t put directly on your face. Spray it o hands and pat your face.
. Don’t use it near your eyes and uses little around your ears.
. Don’t use on skin with cuts or irritation.
. Spray only ventilated area and away from food.
. After use wash hands and treated skin with soap and water.
. Any products that contain DEET and Sunscreen don’t use them because their instructions are different.
. If you got spray into eyes then wash your eyes with water and go to the doctor as soon as possible along with spray.
. Don’t use the product for children that contain lemon eucalyptus oil.
. Don’t directly spray o child spray it on hands and then put it on the child.
. Also careful that the child don’t put it hands with spray into his mouth.
Sometimes bug spray can cause irritation and allergic reaction. If someone have allergic problem then he should stop using bug spray. In case wash your hands and skin with water and go to doctor.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Bedbugs with Products
Don’t waste when you see the bedbugs in your home. Here are some natural ways to get rid of bedbus.
- Use Non-toxic Bed Bug Spray
Get a non-toxic such as Harris Natural Bed Bug Killer. These are made from planet based active ingredients. They are absolutely natural and don’t affect our skin and can be spray directly onto mattress and other infested areas.
- Use Food –Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Diatomaceous Earth Works very well for bed bug infestations. Buy and spray food grade diatomaceous earth on thin layers of it on infested areas. This will kill bed bugs in no time.
- Install Bed Bug Interceptors
Prevent bed bugs from climbing on the beds by installingBed Bug Interceptors on each leg of Bed. These can also use for house furniture.
- Seal With a Mattress Cover
This is very easy and cost effective method that seals your mattress with a mattress cover. This will bedbug cut off from feed and eventually dies.
- Wash and Dry Fabric on High Heat
Bed Bugs and their eggs likes cool weather and don’t beer the heat. If we wash our infested cloths and bed covers with hot water and then put it in dryer for some times these bedbugs will die automatically.
How to Prevent Bed Bugs
Bed Bugs create huge problems for households in United States. Bed Bugs want weather which support them and there are many places in home that helps them.
You can take different measure to prevent Bed bugs from entering your home. Despite taking measure and preparation they will be able to find their way into your house.
Bed bugs are elusive and hide themselves in narrow cracks. Because they are very tiny in sizes so they can hide in any spot like credit card space. They will find shelter not only into bedrooms but any other place that provide idea temperature.
Having proper information about bed bugs helps a lot to prevent from these pests. Here are some prevention tips that can prevent a bedbug infestation.
- Cover Power Outlets
Cover your power outlets very important because they use them while extermination. They hide there until they feel any danger. They can also travel through these electrical outlets and also spread these infestations to the whole home.
- Identify Early Signs of Bed Bugs
First we need to aware about it signs of infestations and its bites. If red marks appear in rows and itchy these are bed bugs bites. If you are able to find the problem then you can seek assistance.
- Vacuum the Floor
There is a myth about bed bugs that they are found in beds. But that’s not true they can find many places like carpets. So vacuum your carpet with vacuum cleaner to remove all bed bugs. Vacuum other things like mattress and floors. This helps to control its infestation before it get out of control.
- Use Bed Bugs Monitors
Monitor like Climb up Monitors are specially made to go under the feet of the bed to help prevent bed bugs from climbing up on bed. This is very helpful to keep check and balance of bedbugs. Place these monitors under the feet of each bed post. Clean these devices and try to find the source to get rid of bedbug infestation.
- Inspect Furniture Regularly
Inspecting your furniture regularly helps you find sign when they just attack your home. When inspecting focus on the furniture that has crack. And beware when you are buying used furniture.
- Check Used Items
Used items are also one of their best hidden places like electronics. If apparently something looks neat and clean we should perform basic checks that you are thinking to use.
- Avoid Moving Blankets
Avoid using blankets which are provided by moving company. Because these blankets may not cleaned regularly and could infested with bugs from other belongings.
- Seal Your Home from Bedbugs
There are many ways for bedbugs to enter into house like rodents, bird’s coats and pets. They can also transfer through clothing, luggage, public transportation and even doctor’s clinics. Use caulk to fill the cracks on the outside or inside of your home. Remember any crack or opening that can fit a credit card or business card is the perfect hiding place for bedbugs.
- Bed Bugs From Laundromats
If you use shared laundry then there are a lot of chances to transfer of bedbugs. Use plastic bags instead of carrying your laundry into and from in an open clothes basket.
- Be Aware of Bed Bugs in Public Places
You can never think that store dressing room can also have these bed bugs. They can also found in cushioned seats in dressing room. So be careful while you are there.
- Get Professional Bed Bug Treatment
If you already dealing with bed bugs infestation and facing a lot of worries alone. Treating Bed Bugs is a complex process and usually cannot be handled by home remedies. A profession Bed Bug Treatment will effectively and safely and most importantly eliminate bed bugs permanently from home or busies.
If you are dealing with such severe bed bugs infestation, contact your local pest control professional to get rid of once and for all.
Professionals are much trained to use products and tools which are required for beg bug treatments.
Many techniques may be dangerous which are used to remove these pests. If they are used by unprofessionally way. Unfortunate incidents and property damage can occur when homeowners tried to take bed bug extermination. Make sure to contact a bed bug pest control company for any inconvenience.
How to get rid of bed bugs
The appearance of the bedbugs in the house is a frequent phenomenon, which brings to the owners some inconvenience and trouble. All are interested in how to get rid of bed bugs at home that they soon made itself felt. There are so many different ways to get rid of bed bugs, disinfection of the apartment is quite a complicated process that requires a special approach.
You should definitely remember that if disinfect is not correct, further it is possible to deal with the fact that bugs just adapt to certain chemicals and will not respond to them. Therefore, as the chemicals necessary to choose only proven options that will give the desired effect.
Ways of dealing with bedbugs
The most common bed bugs, the fight against which is held for a relatively long time. In most cases, used folk remedies, which include:
- A solution of acetic acid.
- Hot couples.
Many apartment owners are accustomed to handling facilities by such means, because they often give a positive result. To independently conduct removal of bed bugs from apartments, you need to know how to look, not only bed bugs but also their eggs. It is necessary to remove not only adult bugs, but also to pay attention to their larvae, destroy the eggs, ventilate the apartment, as fresh air contributes to destruction of nests.
How to get rid of household bugs
Bedbugs is an unpleasant phenomenon, which often disturb and create discomfort. To protect yourself from such problems, it is necessary to know ways to remove bed bugs. To do this is to find the most effective tools that will help combat bed bugs and prevent their re-formation. Among the most effective chemicals note:
- Aerosols and sprays. This includes such chemicals: Raptor, Dichlorvos, Reid and others.
- Liquid preparations such as Het, Foxed, Lecturin.
- Special powders Reopen.
- Other effective tools in the form of Fyfanon, Malathion, Dust and others.
Before processing a particular portion of the tool, you should definitely read the instructions of use. Every chemical substance has its own ways of use, they must know. It is important to observe the dosage, not to cause allergic reactions in homeowners. With proper use of chemicals, you will be able to get rid of bed bugs quickly and efficiently.
How to get rid of bedbugs at home — general rules, folk and chemicals
Bed bugs are one of the most mobile ectoparasites. They do not live in basements or garbage cans like fleas or cockroaches. Their goal is human blood, and bugs live only next to people. Mass settlements of insects are found in hotels, hostels, residential apartments or houses.
Bed bugs can get into the apartment from neighbors, making their way through the ventilation, wall joints, through outlets. Colonies of ectoparasites in the room are in no way associated with social well-being or cleanliness, since insects feed exclusively on human blood and other warm-blooded animals.
Important!Despite the fact that animals have a higher body temperature, therefore, they are more attracted to bloodsucking. Bed bugs prefer to bite people. The coat of pets prevents getting to the skin and getting enough blood.
Bed bugs can settle in the house after a trip or move. They travel great in suitcases and can get into the person’s home from the hotel. Bloodsuckers do not fly and do not jump, but crawl wonderfully, clinging their paws to their clothes. They can be brought in from guests, public transport and other alleged clusters of insects.
Habitats and signs of availability
Favorite places for bed bugs are the beds and sofas on which people sleep. As the numbers increase, parasites creep along the rest of the furniture, trying to stay close to food (bedside tables, paintings, or carpets above the bed). When the colony of insects becomes huge, they can spread throughout the apartment. But still, the main foci of invasion will be in bedrooms.
To date, parasites scare the rapid growth in numbers. Despite the fact that for the destruction of bedbugs there are many effective ways. But the statistics are not comforting — insects live in a quarter of residential apartments. During the season, they can completely «capture» the high-rise building.
Signs that bugs settled in the house are:
- Traces of bites on the skin in the morning
- Small spots of blood on the bedding
- Dark brown dots (feces) on the mattress and bed frame
- A specific smell appears in the room, similar to a forest bug, but less pronounced
It is difficult to see the bugs themselves, these are nocturnal parasites, they are active only in the dark. If you open the lair of insects during the day, they will start to frantically scatter into darker corners.
What are the bugs dangerous?
There are many legends that bedbugs carry hepatitis, typhoid fever, and tuberculosis. But in fact, this is not at all the case; no such case has been recorded in history. Although they can spoil the quality of life, no doubt.
Important!Studies by scientists have shown that in the intestines of the bug there are a huge number of pathogens, including anthrax, plague and brucellosis. For humans, this is not dangerous, since during the bite, the parasite does not have time to transmit the pathogenic strain from the abdomen, due to too short contact with the skin.
This type of bloodsucking is fundamentally different from mosquitoes or ticks in the way of saturation. Bed bugs do not stick to the skin for a long time, they crawl through open areas of the body, making numerous bites. The parasite, biting the skin, injects a special enzyme that anesthetizes the bite procedure, so that a person does not feel anything. During the night, the parasite drinks about 7 milliliters of blood, and leaves several hundred bites on the skin.
In many people, the enzymes secreted by the bug during a bite cause allergic reactions, characterized by:
Some people, amidst the bites, get very stressed out of fear. A person begins to be afraid to sit on a sofa or go to bed. Such consequences can lead to serious neurological disorders.
How to deal with bedbugs in an apartment
There are several ways to get bedbugs:
- Using insecticides alone
- Call a special service
- On their own, using folk methods
Anyway, apartment processing will have to produce, the neighborhood with blood-sucking insects is a very dubious pleasure. How to breed bugs, everyone chooses for himself.
You need to be prepared for the fact that insects will come back again. Due to the flat structure of the body, these parasites can hide in the smallest crevices and crawl from one neighbor to another. It is very likely that you will have to stain bedbugs 3-4 times.
Reasons for the appearance
Before you figure out what to do if bed bugs appear, how to get rid of at home, we will find out how they can get into the home. The source of infection in the premises may be adults, larvae and eggs.
- from an apartment next door — through cracks in the ceilings and walls, through ventilation ducts, through windows on external panels, this often happens if neighbors poisoned insects,
- together with people — insects are able to bring on clothes or in bags guests, builders during the repair, the owners themselves,
- with furniture — a bedbug may “lurk” in the upholstery of an old sofa or in the crevices of a new bedside table,
- with household appliances — insects often hide in boxes, in polystyrene foam, as well as in the devices themselves,
- with things — there are frequent cases of the introduction of parasites after long and short trips, as they are permanent residents of inexpensive hotels, and can easily get into a suitcase,
- with pets — occasionally bed bugs «move» on cats and dogs.
Quite often, the question of where the bugs come from and how to get rid of them are asked by people who have recently moved into an apartment purchased in the secondary market, which initially seemed clean. In the absence of food, these insects are able to hibernate (suspended animation) for 6-12 months. When new tenants enter the house, bugs are activated.
Effective Fighting Methods
Most effective remedy for bedbugs in the apartment is a call to the sanitary and epidemiological station. After a qualified full treatment at home, there is a good chance that the parasites will not return at all. With severe contamination of the premises, you may need to re-treatment.
Important!In apartment buildings, it is best to stain bedbugs by prior arrangement with neighbors. This will prevent the return of parasites roaming from one room to another.
Antiparasitic insecticidal drugs are quite high in the fight against bloodsucking. If there is no way to call a special service, and you have to think, than poison bugs yourself insecticides can be a good alternative.
Antiparasitic drugs are in the form of:
- Concentrated suspensions
How to breed bugs with the help of each specific drug, is described in detail in the attached instructions. All existing insect poisons are absolutely safe for humans and animals. Poisoning is almost completely excluded.
Folk remedies for bedbugs in an apartment — The most ineffective way to fight. Although there are many methods, you can choose for every taste, but some of them reach the point of absurdity.
Interesting!There is an opinion that cockroaches do not get along with bedbugs. And if you bring the Prusaks into the house, they will multiply and outlive the blood-sucking parasites.
Without the use of chemicals, bedbugs can be destroyed; parasites die at temperatures above 45 degrees. Accordingly, using an ordinary washing machine and a steam cleaner, you can completely get rid of insects.
Heat treatment must be carried out throughout the room, look at all corners and cracks. To process all the furniture and behind it, do not forget about the skirting boards. But this method will not get rid of the larvae. You will have to go through the whole process from beginning to end again, after 2 to 4 weeks, when all the eggs have completely hatched, but the nymphs have not yet laid new ones.
What to do after the destruction of bugs
After disinfection, SES services always leave a memo on how and when to clean the premises, after antiparasitic treatment. But if the bugs were stained with chemicals on their own, it is important to follow all preventive measures to avoid the re-emergence of parasites in the home.
After disinfection of the apartment you must:
- The room in which insects were poisoned should be infused in a closed form for 3 to 6 hours, so that the pores of insecticides completely settle on the surface of household items
- The next stage is airing — through a flow of air for at least an hour
- All surfaces that humans and animals come into contact with most are wiped with a soap-soda solution
- It is necessary to wash clothes and wash dishes that were in direct contact with chemicals
- Wet spring cleaning is not recommended earlier than 2 to 3 weeks after treatment at home (if there is an urgent need to mop the floor, then skirtings should be avoided within a radius of 10 — 15 centimeters)
Important!Insecticides are safe for humans, cats, dogs. But they can destroy aquarium inhabitants, domestic rodents and reptiles. Until a general cleaning has been carried out, it is recommended that they be kept in cages.
How to get rid of bed bugs on the couch
All upholstered furniture needs to be processed more thoroughly than frame furniture. Large cavities of insects often parasitize in the cavity of sofas and sleeping mattresses. It is more difficult to stain bugs settled in the sofa due to the fact that the degree of infection is not visible. Insecticidal drugs must be taken the strongest, the steam temperature set to the highest.
For greater efficiency, it is recommended to process upholstered furniture several times, with an interval of about 3 weeks.
How to get rid of linen bugs
As mentioned above, linen and bed bugs are one and the same type of insects parasitizing in a person’s home. If bloodsuckers are only seen in bedding or a closet, it does not mean that they are not found anywhere else, you will still have to stain bugs all over the apartment.
To remove insects from clothes and bedding, it is enough just to rub things at the maximum permissible temperature.
What exactly does not help get rid of bugs
The most common myths about how to get rid of bedbugs, according to people:
- Kerosene, turpentine, naphthalene — have very sharp unpleasant odors, the effectiveness is like that of a plantain, which is treated with oncology
- Wormwood, black cohosh, tansy — tinctures of these herbs actually make bugs hide deeper in sofas
- Vinegar, laundry soap — Indeed, parasites try to bypass the places treated with these agents. But what is it like to sleep on a mattress soaked in vinegar?
- Bedbugs die in frost below -18 degrees — Effectively, if it is possible to take out all the furniture, baseboards, clothes, wallpaper from the apartment for several hours on the street
- Insects can starve to death — It really will work if there is where to move for 1.5 years. Bed bugs are able to fall into suspended animation and can do without food for up to 18 months
So that the parasites do not bite, you can sprinkle your skin with perfume at night. Perhaps bites will not be found in the morning, but the bugs will not go anywhere.
Is it possible to get rid of bugs forever?
Destroying bugs forever is very easy in a single-family residential building. Quite high-quality double processing, even with a strong accumulation of parasites. The likelihood that they will not return is high enough if the landlord himself does not bring the immigrants from vacation.
In multi-unit standard buildings, things are much more complicated. Destruction of bugs can become similar to all 7 circles of hell. Just corroded in their apartment, they immediately returned from the neighbors. You can try to cover up cracks and cracks in the walls, ceiling and at the joints of the pipes as much as you like — it is almost impossible to make an apartment ideally sealed.
It will be much more efficient to agree with all neighbors and bring out bugs at the same time. With a run in disinfection of not more than 3 — 5 days. This method will be much more reliable than the endless fight against the parasite.
Since bedbugs belong to the nomadic species of insects, and they can get into a person’s housing from hotels and hostels. It is necessary to become extremely attentive during the holidays. Upon returning home, all things immediately need to be overturned. To carry out disinfection of the suitcase or a good steaming with hot moist air.
No matter how tempted it is to take a thing from the hotel, especially linen (bedding, bathrobes or towels), you should not do this. The reason is not even moral — parasites can hide there. It is best to pack your things in airtight, resealable bags.
When carrying out general cleaning in the house, it is recommended from time to time to conduct heat treatment with hot steam for sleeping places, other upholstered furniture. This is not only an excellent preventive measure for bed bugs in the apartment, this procedure will eliminate the accumulation of dust and harmful bacteria that cause asthma or allergies.
Neighborhood with bugs is not the most pleasant thing in the world. But there is no need to despair, a competent and responsible approach to processing at home will relieve this scourge. Special SES services will help get rid of bugs if the owner of the house, for some reason, can not do it himself.
The content of the article
- How to get rid of bed bugs at home
- How to get rid of bedbugs in folk ways
- How to get rid of house bugs in an apartment
Home bugs, or bed bugs, are bugs from 3 to 8 mm in length. By the structure of the body they resemble their close but harmless relative — the stink bug, only their body cover is transparent and by the color you can determine how long the bug drank blood. In fact, this is a fairly gluttonous insect that can drink twice its own weight, that is, up to 8 mg of blood.
Bed bugs, whose photo is located above, are very hardy and can live without recharge for up to a month, falling into a state similar to hibernation. Parasites hide mainly in the furniture and clothing of the owners. They can also move to guests, as they often migrate from home to home. Also, when the population becomes large, they can hide in electrical engineering, in books, cracks in the wall, in various irregularities.
How to get rid of bedbugs
Domestic bugs feed on the blood of warm-blooded animals and humans, so they try to settle near them. Unfortunately, there are no guarantees that these unpleasant neighbors will not appear in your home. Only a few individuals in a short time will increase their numbers hundreds of times. It is important to know how to get rid of bed bugs in the apartment, so that if necessary, destroy them quickly.
Signs of the presence of insects
If in the morning chains of bites appear on the body that look like red dots. They bother and itch a lot, it can be assumed that uninvited tenants entered the house. Bloodsuckers activate only at night and crawl out of their shelters for hunting. It is extremely difficult to notice them. When the number of parasites increases many times, traces of their vital activity become visible: excrement, pieces of chitinous cover, etc.
For starters, it’s important to find where they are hiding. Most often it is:
- furniture, upholstered or cabinet,
- objects hanging on the walls: panels, carpets, paintings, etc.,
- skirting boards
- rarely used items or clothing,
In addition, parasites can equip their nests under wallpaper strips, under a carpet or rugs. And in any other secluded places.
A persistent odor resembles the aroma of cognac or almond. To some, it resembles the smell of acidified berries. All this indicates that it is time to destroy uninvited guests.
The cycle of development of bed bugs
Cimex lectularius, and this is exactly what the name of a bed bug sounds in Latin, refers to a squad of semi-rigid winged insects, but they have no wings. Yes, and they move quite slowly — only one and a half meters per minute. But this is enough to attack the victim, because active adults hide mostly in furniture.
They prefer to reproduce in hidden dark places that do not catch the eye. The female attaches eggs to almost any surface using the sticky secretion of glands. For the life cycle, which lasts about a year, she manages to lay about 3 thousand eggs. That is up to 10 eggs per day. But a lot depends on the living conditions of these parasites — the more favorable the environment for them, the faster and more often they multiply and develop. Insects do not like cold and too high temperature, pungent odors.
Solving the problem of how to get rid of bed bugs in the apartment yourself and quickly, you can resort to the help of insecticides. They are available in the form of aerosols, powders, solutions. They effectively destroy insects at different stages of development, affecting their nervous system. Most popular remedies:
- Get (chlorpyrifos). It is a suspension with capsules. It is diluted in water in a ratio of 1: 5. The solution should treat the places of concentration and the path of movement of bugs. Capsules with chlorpyrifos stick to parasites, and they bring them to the den. The substance remains active for 6-12 months. Средство не имеет запаха, считается безопасным для людей и животных.
- «Палач» (фентион). Выпускается в виде жидкости, расфасованной в небольшие флаконы. Концентрат необходимо развести в воде, а затем распылить на поверхности. You can process textiles, bedding, books, clothes. The drug is one of the safest for people.
- «Raid» (cypermethrin, pralletrin, imiprotrin). The product is in the form of an aerosol. It must be sprayed onto the surface. It has a prolonged action — up to 15 days after application. It helps in the fight against bedbugs if their number is small. Has a pungent odor.
- «Riapan» (permethrin). It is a powder that should be poured in the habitats of bugs, as well as along window sills and sills. In order for the drug to work, it must be left for some time, and then wet cleaned. May cause an allergic reaction, headache and other unpleasant symptoms.
Other popular tools that will help to cope with the problem of how to get linen bed bugs out of the apartment yourself are Delta Zone, Karbofos, Tetrix, Xulat Micro, Mikrofos, Raptor, Kombat and so on. Further.
Important: Almost all modern insecticides are highly effective in controlling bugs. But each of them has a negative effect on the human body in one way or another.
Find out how to get rid of bedbugs folk remedies. It is advisable to use them in cases where there are very few or no insects, but there is a risk of their penetration from the neighboring apartment.
To combat bedbugs, 9% vinegar or vinegar essence should be used. The tool does not destroy parasites, but only scares them away. Processing should be carried out 2-3 times a day for 3-4 days.
- Lubricate the baseboard with the vinegar essence, corners, vents, crevices near the door and windows, as well as the places where insects were found.
- With a solution of vinegar and water (50/50), wipe the furniture, window sills, doors, frames.
Turpentine and other means
Turpentine — a liquid obtained from conifers, which has a pungent odor. Due to its toxicity, it successfully fights bugs. To clean surfaces, you can use:
- concentrated solution
- boiling water (150 ml), turpentine (15 ml), kerosene (20 ml), laundry soap shavings (50 g),
- turpentine (20 ml), kerosene (20 ml), water (70 ml), PS paste (30 g),
- carbolic acid (60 ml), turpentine (60 ml), salicylic acid (5 ml),
- ethyl alcohol (300 ml), turpentine (300 ml), camphor (15 g),
- kerosene (300 ml), turpentine (300 ml), naphthalene (60 g),
- turpentine (250 ml), kerosene (250 ml), alcohol (50 ml), water (50 ml), naphthalene (25 g).
- Connect all the components.
- Spray on the surface, wipe them or grease with a brush (sponge).
- Close the room for several hours, best for one day.
- Ventilate thoroughly.
- Carry out wet cleaning.
Note: Folk recipes using turpentine and other aggressive substances pose no less threat to the human body and home environment than insecticides.
Plants with a pronounced aroma are the safest folk remedy in the fight against bedbugs. But they do not have a pronounced effect. The only action is repelling insects. In addition, do not exclude the risk of developing allergies in households.
To prevent the penetration of parasites into the house, you can use:
- valerian, including her tincture,
- tea tree oil.
- Spread twigs around the house.
- Turn dry raw materials into powder, pour into cracks.
- Make an infusion, treat the surface with a damp cloth.
- Pour some tea tree oil or valerian into water and spray.
Safety Rules and Processing Steps
Safety measures must be strictly observed when using insecticides and alternative recipes with aggressive substances. Basic Rules:
- Even if it is indicated that the drug is safe for people and pets, take them out for several days.
- Scrupulously study the instructions. Pay attention to the method of dilution and a list of surfaces that can be processed.
- Open windows or windows.
- Wear personalized clothing — a respirator, rubber gloves, goggles, and work clothing.
- After disinfection, wash or discard clothes, take a shower, rinse your nose and mouth.
Algorithm for cleaning rooms from bugs:
- Remove from the apartment or hermetically pack utensils, products, toys. Carefully inspect them for larvae, eggs and adult bugs.
- Remove and wash at temperatures from 40-50 ° C textiles — tablecloths, bedspreads, bedding, curtains and more. If you can’t wash immediately, you need to put things in packages.
- Textile or leather products that cannot be wetted, wrapped in polyethylene and put in a hot place for several days or put in the frost for 2-3 hours (it should be below -20 ° C). In addition, they can be treated with a non-toxic insecticidal spray.
- Find nests — move furniture away from walls, raise carpets, shoot pictures, sort through books, unfasten baseboards. Remove all trash.
- Apply the selected product to the surface. Pay special attention to the rear walls of the furniture, crevices, ventilation grills, window sills, doors, drains, batteries. Walls should be processed on top — 30-50 cm from the ceiling, and also below — 30-50 cm from the floor.
- After using the drug, close all windows and doors. To withstand the time specified in the instructions — from several hours to 2-3 days.
- Ventilate the room. Wash all surfaces with a solution of soda — 300 g per 1 liter of water.
- If necessary, repeat the treatment after 7-10 days.
Cleaning the bed and sofa
If you have a problem, how to get rid of bed bugs on the couch, you should prepare for painstaking work. Stages:
- Disassemble the piece of furniture as much as possible.
- Place all parts vertically. Inspect them.
- Remove the patch from the back of the back.
- If there are covers, unfasten and remove them. To wash.
- Spray the product intensively on all parts, especially on the pallet, ends and back.
- If the drug allows, treat soft seats, paying attention to folds.
Bed Cleansing Algorithm:
- Remove bedding, wash at the highest possible temperature.
- Shake and clean pillows and blankets.
- Place the mattress upright. Inspect. Unfasten or tamper the trim to gain access to the inside.
- Carefully inspect the wooden frame, especially the joints.
- Vacuum the mattress and frame.
- Treat the folds, crevices and seams with the insecticide.
If the mattress is infected with bedbugs, but there is still no opportunity to purchase a new one, you can cover it with thick polyethylene so that the parasites could not get to the body.
Tip: A safe and environmentally friendly method of controlling bugs is the use of hot steam produced by a steam generator. It is enough to process all surfaces with this unit, and insects will be destroyed.
What does a bed bug eat?
The insect feeds on the blood of warm-blooded animals due to the complex mechanism of the jaws and trunk. When a beetle bites, the victim injects anesthetizing fluid to the victim, so most people do not even feel the bite. There are no people whom they do not bite. Even if a person is sick, has a fever, and so on, he is still suitable for food, these parasites are not picky about food.
The body of the parasite is not strong enough, so often people crush them, turning over in a dream from discomfort. Although the bug bite itself is almost insensitive, people often have an allergy to substances that the bloodsucker injects for better digestion, which manifests itself in the form of red, itchy plaques on the skin. Who does not know — these are nocturnal parasites, in the light they attack extremely rarely and from great hunger. In one night, pests can make up to 500 bites, and the same individual can make several bites per night. If stains from bites appear on the body — this is the first sign of bed bugs, which must be disposed of immediately.
Contrary to popular belief, bedbugs do not tolerate dangerous diseases. Although in their body viruses and bacteria, pathogens of various diseases, can be for a long time.
Where do bed bugs come from?
Contrary to popular belief «from the dirt» these insects do not start. They penetrate the house in different ways, and appearing quickly multiply. We list the main ways of their appearance.
- Transfer with things, on clothes, etc. This happens when guests come who have infected houses, or family members return from trips where they lived in hotels. There are many options. Parasites can get into a suitcase or bag, hide in the folds of clothes.
- Moving from a neighboring apartment, especially if they tried to get rid of bloodsuckers there. They can pass through window panels, ducts or slots in the ceilings.
- Transfer on household appliances or furniture: both old and new. Insects crawl to any secluded place, fall into a new house and multiply rapidly.
- Pet transfer. This happens rarely, but it does happen when parasites settle in the skin of a dog or cat for a while.
Sometimes an unpleasant neighborhood is discovered some time after moving to a new apartment. Moreover, even the most thorough inspection before purchase is unlikely to help identify the problem.
The reason is that if the housing is empty for a long time, the bloodsuckers fall into a state similar to suspended animation. This period can last up to six months and even a year. After humans appear, parasites come out of hibernation.
Competent processing steps
Regardless of which particular tool was chosen, such an algorithm of work should be adhered to.
- Inspect all dishes, food, toys, etc. for the detection of adults or larvae. Hermetically pack all items or put them on the street.
- Collect textiles: curtains, tablecloths, bedding. Wash them at the maximum permitted temperature. If there are too many products, we pack them tightly and wash them whenever possible.
- We put textile and clothes that cannot be washed into plastic bags and take them out in the cold (no higher than -20 ° C), or in the sun (no lower than + 30 ° C). You can also optionally treat them with an insecticide spray of minimal toxicity.
- You need to raise the carpet or carpets, remove the skirting boards, sort out books, remove panels from the walls, etc. Free areas where parasites can hide.
- Strictly, in accordance with the instructions, prepare the product for use and wear protective clothing.
- Thoroughly treat the surface with an insecticide. Apply the drug liberally to areas of potential presence of insects: the back walls of furniture, crevices, ventilation grids, etc. On the walls, it is recommended to spray the substance 0.5 m above and at the same height from below.
- Close doors and windows tightly. Be sure to withstand the time recommended in the instructions so that the destruction of parasites is effective.
- Ventilate the room well. To remove traces of insecticide, it is necessary to wash all previously treated surfaces. At home, this can be done with a solution of baking soda. Dilute 300 g of the substance in 1 liter of water.
If there were too many insects, a single procedure would be clearly not enough. As a rule, it is impossible to poison a large colony at once. Only adults die, eggs can survive.
No need to wait until the obvious traces of the presence of ectoparasites are again detected. Re-process the home after 7-10 days.
The fight against bedbugs in the apartment will be successful if it is possible to get rid of their nests in the furniture, which they really love. Their beds and sofas are especially attractive. Getting bloodsuckers out of there will be quite difficult. But probably.
- To the extent possible, disassemble the furniture.
- Set all the elements apart, clean and inspect very carefully.
- Remove covers, if present. Wash them in hot water as much as possible. If there are no covers, tuck upholstery in inconspicuous places to be able to process the inside.
- Apply the product, paying attention to all joints, creases, seams, etc. Leave it at the time indicated by the manufacturer.
It is especially difficult to deal with parasites living in the mattress. Sometimes it’s easier to buy a new one, but only after all the house bloodsuckers have been etched.
You can try temporarily using an old mattress. It is hermetically wrapped in dense polyethylene to save itself from bites and the threat of ectoparasites in another place.
How to get rid of bed bugs yourself?
It is possible to remove and eradicate parasites forever, and you need to do this immediately if they are detected.
Parasites live only a day, while they do not like temperature extremes. For example, at -20 degrees and below they die almost instantly, the same situation occurs at a temperature of +50 degrees and above. No air conditioning or anything else is able to create such a temperature in the apartment. If you get them out of the apartment on their own, then most likely they will simply hibernate. But there are various methods of heat treatment of the room in which the parasites live. Destruction services in this way are provided by insect control professionals. It is important to learn this information in order to know how to deal with bed bugs.
Still, the most effective way in the matter of how to get rid of bed bugs in an apartment is with chemicals:
- Special mixtures and powders from parasites: Neopin and Riopan.
- Liquid pesticides against insects: “Lacterin”, “Fox”, “Primadid”, “Get”, “Formait”.
- Aerosols and sprays: «Karbozol», «Dichlorvos», «Raptor», «Raid».
How to get rid and how to bring out bed bugs, homeowners need to decide for themselves. Chemical treatment should be carried out strictly according to the instructions attached to the insect control product. The procedure for their destruction is divided into several stages, since the one-time use of the selected means, the entire population is not immediately able to destroy.
The best drugs for unprofessional processing
The most effective remedies for bedbugs in an apartment are potent insecticides. They are produced in various forms: sprays, powders, liquids. As a rule, they destroy the nervous system of bloodsucking. All such compounds are toxic and to some extent affect humans. Read more on the packaging. When choosing you need to consider:
- the concentration of the active substance and its degree of danger to humans,
- the presence of odor. Sometimes it erode for a very long time,
- mode of application. Some preparations for removing parasites are sold ready-made, while others need to be dissolved or mixed.
To poison bugs, use products based on:
When using any toxic composition, safety requirements must be observed. Before poisoning ectoparasites, households and pets living with them, you need to temporarily relocate.
Before work, you should study the detailed instructions and strictly observe it. Insects should only be stained in protective clothing. A respirator, special glasses and gloves are required. At the end of the procedure, you need to wash, rinse your mouth and nose.
They are less effective than chemicals. It is optimal to use them for prophylaxis, when there is a real threat of infection, or if the number of ectoparasites is small. To combat bloodsuckers use:
Not dangerous for insects, but repels them with its smell. Need 9% vinegar or diluted acid. Lubricate areas where insects can appear. A water solution in a 1: 1 ratio is wiped with window sills, slopes, furniture, doors, etc.
It is used to exterminate ectoparasites, since it is toxic to them. It can be used in concentrated solution or with other components. Apply such mixtures.
- Turpentine 0.3 L, alcohol 0.3 L, camphor 15 g.
- Karbolka and turpentine 0.6 L each, salicylic acid 0.005 ml.
- Kerosene and turpentine in 0.02 liters, boiling water 0.15 liters.
- Turpentine and kerosene 0.25 l each, naphthalene 60 gr.
All ingredients are mixed, the mixture is applied to “dangerous” areas. After that, the room closes for a day or a little less. After which everything is necessarily washed, the room is ventilated.
Heat treatment helps a lot. Bloodsuckers do not tolerate elevated temperatures, they are destroyed by steam. At the same time, they also disinfect the room, because this type of insect is a carrier of infections.
We found out where the bugs come from, how to get rid of them and why it is difficult to do. Sometimes self-processing does not help, then you need to contact professionals. They will etch ectoparasites with special means that are not on sale. And if there is a real threat of uninvited neighbors appearing in the house, it is better to carry out preventive measures in advance.